Evans Family - Byron Street

Find Bootle friends and family here
vicevo

Hi All
Trying to get my Dad Vic Evans to use the internet - possibly a lost cause, however he will be really interested if he gets any replies and will hopefully enjoy browsing this fab website.
My dad lived in Byron Street Bootle from 1939 until 1963 when he got married to Anne Evans (Summers Avenue, Bootle) his mum and dad where John & Catherine (Kate).
His brothers are David (Davey) married to Jean Gaudie, Tommy married to Eileen Mitchell (Monfa road), Richie married to Mary Culshaw, John married to Sue (McKenna), Margaret (maggie) married John Ferris and Mary married Jimmy Evans.
They all went to school at St Joans and / or St Mary's.
Would love to show him some replies.
Thank you
rockanrollagain

Hello Vicevo and welcome to the site. I hope your Dad gets the hang of this and has sme fun, I'm sure with all those names you have put up you will get some replies from the friendly folk here.

Best wishes :D
vicevo

Thanks rockandrolla, hope so :lol:
Eddy Lloyd

Hi Vic, I remember the Evans family very well I used to knock around with Richie we called him Dick Evans a nice guy as were the family. We lived in Knowsley Road just around the corner from your dad. He will know our Eileen and Tommy their surname was Williams my mums first husband being killed in the war. If you still see Dick tell him I was asking after him ta. :D
Kathy John Moorcroft

Welcome Vicevo, hope your Dad gets the hang of it.

You have an answer for him already, great.

KATHY.
Thommos sister

Hi Vicevo & welcome aboard.
Great start with reply from Eddy.

Pull your Dad's leg, tell him I polished my crystal ball, his middle initial is C & his mother's maiden name was Brady and his Dad has a middle initial of J, Richie was the baby I think & Mary was rego'd as Elizabeth Mary?

All the best

Thommos sister
vicevo

Great start got my dad sitting next to me now and he is very interested - soooo curious over 'western australia' reply - he thinks it is Harry Monaghan - is he right? This is fab!

Eddy Lloyd - my dad is seeing Richie (Dick) this week and will defo say Hi from you, thanks for the reply.

'western Australia' my dad says did you go out on a £10 passage?
BOBHAMO

HI VICEV0 WELCOME TO THE SITE IS YOUR DAD , A DARTS PLAYER , ??WINNY , KING DICKS , ,BOBHAMO
vicevo

ha ha, yes he was, played 7 days a week in his youth - last team was the winnie but think he played for kingies as well. Lots of trophys in his loft.
Who are you? Will get him down to send you a message.
He is like a big kid with all these views and replies - not seen him this excited for years!!!!

Tommos sister, he has changed his mind he now thinks you are a relative of the Rileys? Is he right????
BOBHAMO

Image IS THIS ARE VIC ???
sheelagh youssef

Hiya Vicevo and welcome, Your dad might know my sister and brother from Peel road Opp St.Joans priest house, thats Kathleen and Eddie Kearney, born 1943 and 1944, my Dad Ned Kearney and his brothers always drank in the Winnie, the Kearneys lived on Peel road, Boswell st, and Knowsley road at the bottom of Byron.

Best wishes to you and your family
Sheelagh
vicevo

hi bob packed darts in six years ago over the hill u still playing aint seen u around have u moved keep in touch ave not seen any of the lads on photy jimmy thomas died c u soon
vicevo

sheelagh youssef wrote:Hiya Vicevo and welcome, Your dad might know my sister and brother from Peel road Opp St.Joans priest house, thats Kathleen and Eddie Kearney, born 1943 and 1944, my Dad Ned Kearney and his brothers always drank in the Winnie, the Kearneys lived on Peel road, Boswell st, and Knowsley road at the bottom of Byron.

Best wishes to you and your family
Sheelagh
hi sheelagh yes new your dad well and jimmy marie from boswell good family dad was on the buses terry snelgrove is still my mate can u rember him from burns st
sheelagh youssef

Hiya again Vic, I,ve a vague memory of the Snellgrove family but I bet our Kath or Eddie will remember t I,ll ask them. Your right about Dad working on the Ribble, he did the summer tours for years. I see Uncle Jimmy sometimes, he,s a lovely man. See Anne and Marie too they live in Crosby, Anne is a widow now. Do you remember Uncle Pat from no 30 Knowsley he was on the docks with Grandad(Michael) and Uncle Michael Maries Dad.

Sheelagh
BOBHAMO

HI VIC NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU LIKE YOURSELF PACKED THE DARTS IN , WE HAD SOME GREAT TIMES IN THE WINNIE , AND KING DICKS PITY SOME OF MATES HAVE PASSED AWAY, DO YOU STILL HAVE A PINT IN THE WINNIE, ??REMEMBER ON THE MONDAY NIGHTS , FREE BLACKPUDDING AND SAUSAGES , ,VIC TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO KNOW WAS A GREAT FELLER , AND A DECENT DART PLAYER, GOOD OLD DAYS , START POSTING VIC YOU MUST HAVE LOADS OF STORIES ABOUT THE DOCKS , BOBHAMO
vicbee

Hi Vicevo

Is your dad any relation to Robert (Jim) Evans who married Elsie Barber?

Vic
researching Brennan, Porter, Carey,Kneen, Casaru, Barber, Hegarty.
Twiny

Hi Vicevo

Terry Snelgrove was a pal of mine as well. He lived at the top of Boswell St.
he Dad worked at Tate and Lyle, he had a brother Jimmy and another older brother whose name I can't remember, as well as two sisters Betty and Nancy.
Terry was in the same class as me at St.Joans. I know he was in the Merchant Navy for a while and then had a job on the Docks. Is he still around
Tony Flanagan was another pal who lived further down Boswell St at the time
but think he moved out to Formby

Regards Tom B
vicevo

Twiny wrote:Hi Vicevo

he Dad worked at Tate and Lyle, he had a brother Jimmy and another older brother whose name I can't remember, as well as two sisters Betty and Nancy.
Terry was in the same class as me at St.Joans. I know he was in the Merchant Navy for a while and then had a job on the Docks. Is he still around

Regards Tom B
hi tom b i am going to phon e snelly laterterry and tony flanagan both lived in burns st tony lives in lunar drive netherton terrys family were arthur nancy patsy rose jimmy and betty .
just out of curiosity who is this can't place the Tom B?
vicevo

vicbee wrote:Hi Vicevo

Is your dad any relation to Robert (Jim) Evans who married Elsie Barber?

Vic
No sorry - don't know Elsie Barber either - good luck!
vicevo

BOBHAMO wrote:HI VIC NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU LIKE YOURSELF PACKED THE DARTS IN , WE HAD SOME GREAT TIMES IN THE WINNIE , AND KING DICKS PITY SOME OF MATES HAVE PASSED AWAY, DO YOU STILL HAVE A PINT IN THE WINNIE, ??REMEMBER ON THE MONDAY NIGHTS , FREE BLACKPUDDING AND SAUSAGES , ,VIC TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO KNOW WAS A GREAT FELLER , AND A DECENT DART PLAYER, GOOD OLD DAYS , START POSTING VIC YOU MUST HAVE LOADS OF STORIES ABOUT THE DOCKS , BOBHAMO
Have loads of stories about the docks but there would be no room for anything else!
Are you still a painter and decorater?
Thanks for the good write up on the darts!
Have not drank in the winnie for 8 years - my local is now St Joans and the railway club in melling road!
vicevo

Eddy Lloyd wrote:Hi Vic, I remember the Evans family very well I used to knock around with Richie we called him Dick Evans a nice guy as were the family. We lived in Knowsley Road just around the corner from your dad. He will know our Eileen and Tommy their surname was Williams my mums first husband being killed in the war. If you still see Dick tell him I was asking after him ta. :D
Hi Eddie, phoned our richie and told him about you he said he would love to see you again and are you still around?
Eddy Lloyd

Hi Vic yep I'm still around. Hopefully there will be a meet in August maybe he could come to that. :wink: It's his round anyway tell him. :D
vicevo

vicevo wrote:
Twiny wrote:Hi Vicevo

Regards Tom B
hi tom b i am going to phon e snelly laterterry and tony flanagan both lived in burns st tony lives in lunar drive netherton terrys family were arthur nancy patsy rose jimmy and betty .
just out of curiosity who is this can't place the Tom B?
Been talking to snelly and we think you are one of the twins from cowper street - was it Brady or Brown and are you a year older than us and did you go to St Mary's when you where 11??? :roll:
vicevo

Thommos sister wrote:Hi Vicevo & welcome aboard.
Great start with reply from Eddy.

Pull your Dad's leg, tell him I polished my crystal ball, his middle initial is C & his mother's maiden name was Brady and his Dad has a middle initial of J, Richie was the baby I think & Mary was rego'd as Elizabeth Mary?

All the best

Thommos sister
Please curiousity is driving him nuts he is trying to think of everyone who has ever emigrated, ha ha - who is it?
vicevo

These are all my classmates I remember from 1944 - 1954 in St Joans
harry oldfield, joe monaghan, peter king, peter mcqueen, tommy devaney, cecil pike, joe rooney, peter gardner, eddie green, fred johnson, peter hunt, phil carragher, richie fernie, terry snellgrove, finean lynam, peter mcvey, jerry dunbar, george hall, john jones, jimmy stringer, harry monaghan, john o'gara, john mcarthy, jimmy flynn, bobby larkin, jimmy hooker, adrian broderick, tony mckeown, eddie wilkinson, tina towel, maureen o'donnell, yvonne garrett, olive mcilroy, mary mason, brenda farlech, ena woods, kitty cumisky, pauline wade, chrissy strong, philomena mchale, rita forden, pauline wolvine, marian o'neal, mary thomas, betty levens, margaret mcdonald, brenda toale, maureen higham, margaret goscombe, margaret fitzsimmons, rosemary clooney, joan devonald, ethel davies - thats all I can remember!!! Not bad for 60 years ago!
vicevo

loooking for John Mcready from Mary Hill, Glasgow served in the royal army pay corps - attatched to the 9th royal lancers in Detmold, Germany from March 1958 - march 1960! Anyone help!
tine

Hi Vicevo....

a belated welcome from me :oops:.
Any of your Evans crewmembers on the Lusitania?

Tine
Campbell, Duffy, Davies, Melia, Gibson , O'Donnell, Owen and Evans Families.
Thommos sister

Hi Vicevo
McCready
I would suggest you list your request in a new post, it will draw more attention rather than tagging onto this one.
I hope this is of help.

T.S
vicevo

tine wrote:Hi Vicevo....

a belated welcome from me :oops:.
Any of your Evans crewmembers on the Lusitania?

Tine
Sorry not that I recall - good luck and thanks for the welcome
vicevo

Thommos sister wrote:Hi Vicevo
McCready
I would suggest you list your request in a new post, it will draw more attention rather than tagging onto this one.
I hope this is of help.

T.S
Thanks I will try one of the scottish papers, think this is the wrong place really but thanks
Twiny

Hi Vicevo..

Sent you a PM in reply to your last postings - classmates at St Joans 1944-, you obviously have a fantastic memory. Can remember only about half the names you list. Can't for the life of me remember a VIc Evans from
Byron Street, but you seem to know just about everyone who went to school
at St. Joans the same time as me. As you suggest I am Tom Brady from
Cowper St. Miss, Burns was the class teacher. So Terry Snelgrove is still around, don't suppose he still lives in Burns St.

To receive a PM message, bring up your profile, you can then access a Memberlist and a PM message box.

Best regards Tom B.
Thommos sister

Hi Vicevo
Did you try Scottish papers?
Just wondering how you search is going and did you connect to Twiny?

Best wishes
T.S
vicevo

Thommos sister wrote:Hi Vicevo
Did you try Scottish papers?
Just wondering how you search is going and did you connect to Twiny?

Best wishes
T.S
Hi Thommos sister, not got around to that yet but I am going to thanks, my dad has been in touch with Twiny via pm's and thanks for all your help. It is a fantastic website and I am also enjoying browsing as well as my dad. Some very entertaining and descriptive writers on the site.
Thanks again