Harry And Meghan.

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
Shelagh

We all have our own thoughts regarding Prince Harry and latest debacle, some will think he is being very selfish in taking such action, some may think he is putting immediate family before Queen and country 👑

I personally think that he is feeling extremely vulnerable, perhaps making hasty decisions, decisions that he may one day come to regret..

Not being a royalist myself, but do wish the couple well, hope they have a wonderful life together, not sure what will happen re the Royals, already started looking for scapegoats, wanting to blame anyone and everyone, including Palace advisers!

Who'd have thought, divorced American actress, having enough influence to rock the British Minarchy :shock:
Determined, no-nonsense beautiful lady - of course she was going to have it her own way :)

Your thoughts, perhaps :D
Patricia

Shelagh, This is very reminiscent of the Duke & Duchess of Windsor !
What do they say: "There is always "ONE" in the Family!!!!! :D
Thank goodness for Prince William & The Duchess of Cambridge!!!!
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

I believe even us men are interested in this.

We all know from experience how much work we had to put into creating a successful marriage. And we all had nowt.

Money isn't a problem as it is reported she brought about ÂŁ4 million whilst Harry has around a mere ÂŁ25 million.

My curiosity has been aroused by this debacle so, for the first time, I wondered on her earlier divorce and found the following article. Even with loads of dosh I personally feel that the marriage is already doomed as the circumstances of both marriages, so far, are very similar.

.www.nickiswift.com/99276/real-reason-me ... -divorced/.
Shelagh

Always “ONE” indeed, Patricia :D
Harry is so besotted by his lovely lady, that he would do almost anything to make her happy!

Harry grew up in front of the cameras, we looked on as the young prince walked solomnly behind the coffin of his late mother. How could we not show some concern for the vulnerability of this young man, he clearly isn’t the happy person he once was. I really hope he finds a balance between duty to his wife and duty to the crown!

No family (royal or otherwise) should split because of divided loyalty, Meghan must accept this,.
Meghan should be encouraging the brothers to unite not tear them apart.
Mind you, Meghan has distanced herself from her own family, not much hope for the Windsor’s then!

Read that Ernie; agree, not too dissimilar at all..
graham

If they come to live in Canada for say six months why should my tax dollars pay for their security when my tax dollars should be going to help the homeless and needy then again why should British tax dollars pay for their security whilst in Canada. They chose their way of live so they can pay for their own security
Shelagh

Very good point Graham; the Royal couple have made their decision, (or rather, Meghan has made it) such a decision comes with consequences - tax paying public of either country can no longer be held responsible for the financial costs of security!
Heaven knows, there’s enough of them to keep as it is..Prince Charles will be responsible for future funding and upkeep of Harry and family, this revenue will come from the Duchy of Cornwall’s estate..
(Some from the secret offshore accounts, details of this scandal made public 5th November 2017 google ‘PARADISE PAPERS’ - ‘quote’ Among those whose financial affairs are mentioned are, separately, AIG, PRINCE CHARLES and QUEEN ELUZABETH II )

Recently watched a documentary regarding homeless of Canada, couldn’t believe my eyes, such shameful treatment of destitute people, awakened at first light, freezing icy cold, worldly possessions tossed into large trucks (bags and so forth) never to be seen again - can well understand your feelings, Graham!

Shelagh!

Bonesy

Give this marriage 5 years max. Without doubt she knew what she was getting into.
Surely she will have been councilled about the pit falls of marrying into the Royal family.
Maybe it was her long term plan and undoubtedly she will come out of this with a mega fortune. Oh and do we really care anyway?
Having been in Chester and Liverpool in the last 5 days I care more about the homeless than I do about Megan.

Keith
Eddy Lloyd

What amazed and annoyed me was all the news channels made it their feature news topic and we had missiles raining down and innocent people dying. The mind boggles.
lily8

I am with you on that Eddy you would think it was the end of the world by the coverage even here is Aus.
Lily
bjones

Eddy, Lily... me 3!
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
Patricia

Although I agree that the sentiment stated here is totally with merit,
I see that to date, there are "373" views which one could only surmise
that it is apparent the "Subject" matter appears to be one of interest
to the general public and therefore conducive to the "Forum" continuing
in good form!!!
Shelagh

Patricia; you know me so well :wink:

Regardless of chosen subject; the idea was to help fill the continuous blank space that seemed to be enveloping our forum.
Past three long years (Brexit show) have left us wanting a different variation of headlines - if only to relieve the boredom :D

Shelagh!
BossHogg

Mack
Site Admin

Got to be honest.

I don't have any interest about any news about Harry and Meghan here.

It is of no relevance to me in my own life what they get up to.

The press love all this stuff though.

Mack
Shelagh

Not on your own Mack, many will feel the same way as yourself - on the other hand, always good to have a healthy balance, many people for whatever reason, do take an interest in the royals.

Goodness knows, we pay enough for their upkeep, why shouldn’t people take an interest.

Two news items were posted - the royals and bush fires of Australia, both headline news.
Either one or both being of interest to somebody (or maybe not) point being, always good to have a choice!

Shelagh!
Patricia

Shelagh - Totally agree with your reasoning. Also, I note that there are
now "580" (Can't keep up with it!!)viewings which should account for something!!!
Love that saying by John Lydgate: “You can please some of the people all of the time,
you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time." :D
Shelagh

Wise words Patricia, made me smile, reminded me of my lovely mum - no end to those little pearls of wisdom, the John Lydgate saying, being one of her favourites :)
Patricia

It didn't take long did it?...............................
https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/25/ellen-de ... rce=pushly
Shelagh

Have to grab your chances when you can..cant stay on the open road forever :D

Meg and Harry livin’ the dream :wink:
(Taken from Facebook)
Elaine Goulding

Canadian news today stating Prince Andrews two girls could be stepping in for Harry and Meghan. Is this just a rumour. Also in the news FBI are saying
Andrew is not cooperating with them regarding allegations regarding his misdemeanors with underage girls !!!!!!
Elaine

Bianca Street, Bootle - moved to Canada 1982
Shelagh

The Windsor’s don’t seem to be handling the Andrew scandal very well, it’s a case of let’s sweep the whole sordid business under the carpet, nobody will notice!

Arrogance of the man, not an ounce of shame or guilt, his daughters wouldn’t be suitable replacements for
Harry and Meghan - just a constant reminder of their father and his involvement in the Epstein scandal!

No wonder Meg and Harry got away, couldn’t be doing with all this embarrassment - what a family :roll:

Patricia

:D :D Your certainly feeling your "Wheaties" to-day, Shelagh!! On the other
hand, we are being inundated with the "Trump Investigation" wondering
what the outcome will be with the unmitigated lying of the various Attorneys
working for him.
It appears hopeless to me with Congress being predominantly Republic.
Shelagh

Patricia :D not a wheatie in the house..a little cynical but never ruffled :)

Re Trump; You certainly have your share of problems and unrest over there Patricia..everyday a new drama :shock:
A dangerous narcissist if ever there was one!!
Verolla

Harry and Meghan are a great couple!