Problems with hard drive

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
Alan M

Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:21 pm

We all have gremlins with PC's and laptops but does anyone know anything about portable hard drives? I have a My Passport 2TB drive that has all my music on and for some reason its " unreadable " on any computer. The light is on, you can hear the drive operating but nothing. Have tried it on different computers and with different leads. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Alan
The best thing about being over the hill is that now I can have some fun and free-wheel down the other side. LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL.
ALAMO2008

Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:57 pm

Same happened to me and my Nephew

Found a Comptuter Repair shop here in Aberystwyth that offered a Recovery Service for £30 only if he could recover everything.

He did twice.
Mack
Site Admin

Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:25 am

You could possibly try removing it from the casing of the external drive and connect it directly to your motherboard.
Alan M

Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:05 pm

ALAMO2008 wrote:

Found a Comptuter Repair shop here in Aberystwyth that offered a Recovery Service for £30 only if he could recover everything.

He did twice.
Ok thanks, so at least it can be done. Just need to find somewhere on Merseyside. Dont mind travelling to get it fixed either
Alan
The best thing about being over the hill is that now I can have some fun and free-wheel down the other side. LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL.
Alan M

Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:06 pm

Mack wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:25 am
You could possibly try removing it from the casing of the external drive and connect it directly to your motherboard.
Sounds a bit complicated for my cack handedness Mack!!
ALAMO2008

Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:17 pm

Alan M wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:05 pm
ALAMO2008 wrote:

He did twice.
Ok thanks, so at least it can be done. Just need to find somewhere on Merseyside. Dont mind travelling to get it fixed either
Alan
Here is a Link to the Bloke in Aberystwyth who has Secondary Shop here in Aberystwyth several days per week.
Main shop elsewhere.

Give him a ring to see if he will accept a Postal Delivery of your Hard Drive for Recovery and Post it back, he'll probably give you a quote at least.

http://www.aberystwythmarkethall.co.uk/ ... p-repairs/

Alan