Memories of Derby Park by Ron Waters

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...

Memories of Derby Park by Ron Waters

Postby Bonesy » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:45 pm

Some of you may remember Ron Waters who was a prolific poster on here for many years.
I see Ron occasionally around Maghull and he looks well.
This week he had a letter published in the Maghull Champion about his memories of Derby Park, Bootle.
If you read this Ron as I think you still look in now and again, well done you it's a great letter with vivid memories.

Keith
SO MANY PEOPLE, MY FAMILY OF FRIENDS
Bonesy

Re: Memories of Derby Park by Ron Waters

Postby BOBHAMO » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:07 pm

Yes Keith , Ron was one of the first to welcome me to the site
the 2 rons as they where known kept us
laughing with there gags glad he is alright
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
BOBHAMO

Postby Matt » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:25 am

Nice to see the "Owld Fellas" letter Keith.We used to keep in touch by email for quite a few years but he told me things were getting a little too much for him so it has to be about 2 years since our last email.If you see him around just say "Hi from Matt and Sheila" We will never forget how kind Red Ron and Ron W were to Sheila and myself when they came round and picked us up from my mates house in Childwall and gave us the Grand Tour of all the places we knew and grew up in in Bootle. South Park, Southey Street(Where Sheila was born) Merton Road,Downing Road ,Park Street and finally the Jaw Bone pub :D but later on to the meet up at Christ Church school which happened in the bar/meeting room which used to be the infants class room where I first went to school. Meeting Henry and his wonderful sister "Our Annie" :) and also being one of the few that has had a pint with our GLORIOUS LEADER Mack!
Sheila and Matt (xoxoxo from Sheila to Ron)
Matt

Postby Mack » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:13 am

Our Ron - The legend :D
Mack
Site Admin

Postby lily8 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:29 am

thanks Keith, Ron is one of natures real gentlemen and a true friend to many on this site, sadly his carers
duties take up most of his time in recent years, please give him my fondest wishes.
Lily
lily8

Postby Bonesy » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:42 am

I Knew people would remember Ron. He dropped a note off at mine a couple of years ago, can't remember what the note was for but the letters were huge, like each letter was an inch tall.
At the bottom of the note in regular size text Ron wrote, "as you are getting on Bonesy and your eyesight will be failing I thought I would help out by writing in large letters hahaha"
Such is the humour of the man. :lol:

Keith
SO MANY PEOPLE, MY FAMILY OF FRIENDS
Bonesy

Return to Chat about anything with the Bootle Bucks