Could Southgate get Womens USA Team naturalised ?

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...

Could Southgate get Womens USA Team naturalised ?

Postby ALAMO2008 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:06 pm

Any chance he could replace the Back passing to Goalie, possession in own half Mens Team with the USA Womens Team in Time for Friday's Game.

After USA Women winning 13 Nil against Thailand Team tonight.

They realised the Goal was at the other end and didn't settle with a One goal lead.

That's how you retain possession from the other team.
ALAMO2008

Re: Could Southgate get Womens USA Team naturalised ?

Postby Matt » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:25 pm

Sorry ALAMO I really do not think that is true sportswomanship. USA women's team is ranked #1 in the world, Thai team is ranked # 34.They just ran up the score to boost their ego.This is just about the same team that bribed a Norwegian ref.(she has never officiated an international game since) in a game against Canada during the Olympic Games.
International sport has to have a "Mercy" rule so as one sided scores do not happen again.Canada did it to the Ice Hockey team from UK a couple of months ago during the World Championship and it is WRONG.Where is the fairplay and sport when you completely demoralize your opponent.
Rant over.
Matt
Matt

Postby miv donelan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:56 pm

I wholeheartedly agree with you Matt. There's no glory in demeaning your opponents, particularly as you pointed out, they are ranked much lower than you. Also Youngsters at their first game, full of hope, watching their team's getting thrashed isn't a good start to encouraging them to become sports fans. Obviously someone has to win, but it's not necessarily to humiliate the opposing side, or their supporters.
miv donelan

Postby ALAMO2008 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:56 am

Oooooops, I see your point of views, perhaps I shouldn't have had that extra glass of Shiraz Medicine ! :D
ALAMO2008

Postby Invicta » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:07 am

To be fair, it is the World Cup, the biggest prize in football , Ladies and Men.
Likely a one off opportunity for many of the players who have trained for this ultimate tournament for years.
Goal difference ( GD ) counts in this tournament and it is quite possible other teams will put many past Thailand and although unlikely then beat the USA so they were even on points and the GD matters.

A big score margin also allows the coach to bring off players earlier for a rest and to give a run out those not yet tested.

Harsh as it might seem, that’s the reality in modern day International sport.

Ken
Invicta

Postby Eddy Lloyd » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:10 am

When I played for Litherland United we played a team called St Michaels in the City in the
L. C. F. A. Cup We won 21-0. Did we feel guilty? errr No. :)
Eddy Lloyd

Postby Invicta » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:22 am

I’ve said on an earlier post our Tom’s school got thrashed every game to start but the score lines reduced and in their final game we managed a draw which was celebrated like a World Cup win.
The kids had to suck it up week after week but they learned and never got dispirited and will be better for it.
Ken
Invicta

Postby Matt » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:22 pm

The U.S. women's national team rolled up a record-shattering 13-0 win over Thailand on Tuesday to get the side's World Cup defense off to a flying start.
Alex Morgan scored five goals as seven different U.S. players got on the scoresheet against a team that was clearly overmatched.
The USA took a 3-0 lead into the break, scoring 10 times in the second half on the way to their dominant win.
"I just think they could have won with some humility and grace, and they just couldn’t manage to do that," Rustad said on TSN's broadcast of the match. "Celebrating goals later in the game like this is just completely unnecessary. What is this?"
Kyle was even less pleased, ripping the U.S. players, in particular Morgan, who could be seen counting goals on her fingers, saying she was "disgusted" seeing those kinds of antics from one of the World Cup favorites.
“They’re the No.1 team in the world and for me, I’m disgusted, honestly," she said. "You’re going up against a team that’s first time in the World Cup, they’re just happy to be there. Celebrate, I get it, like a Mallory Pugh. But these people counting their goals, this … I’m embarrassed. I was a female professional athlete; there’s kids watching this and to be celebrating when it’s eight, nine, 10 …
"I said in the pre-game, yes, you want to score a lot of goals, yes, you want to make your mark because of the goal difference. But there’s a way to do it, and that is not the way for me."
Matt
Matt

Postby ALAMO2008 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:37 pm

When I played for Sterrix Lane Primary school boys in the early 1960`s I think we Lost every game for about 4 years by at least 10 Nil against us.
I can't ever remember any of us ever scoring a Goal ever !
I felt sorry for my Classmate and Friend David who was our Goalie he was in Tears after every match and he wasn't even fat. No one else ever volunteered togo in Goal.
We put our bad luck down to the fact that we played in White Shirts and Black Shorts like England,
when every other school had coloured shirts.!

Having so Many Goals scored against us in every match, never really bothered me, because I was never ever really good at Maths at school.

But playing as Right Half, to this day, when I pass down that corner of Sterrix Lane and Moss Lane
where our pitch was in a Field meadow and had a 45 degree slope from one end to the other with pot holes,
I can still hear Mr.Harper shouting :

" Chapman ! If in doubt, kick it out !"

I can't say it scarred me for life loosing like that at Football in every game, so I never really played Football after that and decided my skills were better used in Badminton, Squash and Karate
and I never liked loosing after that,
and made sure I was better than my opponents in matches, in those events, in future.

Just an Old Grumpy Armchair Football Critic now,
and I hate possession football that goes backwards towards your own goal,
because you haven't the skills to turn an opponent and go forward.

Seeing the Women's Football, I have seen their players with those skills, time and time again,
its a real joy to watch!
Football as it should be !
No professional Fowls by Defenders, who haven't the skills to stop those attackers and resorting to Wrestling to their Back Up skill.
ALAMO2008

Postby Invicta » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:44 pm

Mr Harper, I remember him being the footy teacher at Netherton Moss.
“You Ninny, Boy “. I can still hear.
Mind you he coached us to winning the League and Cup ( played at Stuart Rd ) that year.
:D Ken
Invicta

Postby ALAMO2008 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:53 pm

ALAMO2008 wrote:When I played for Sterrix Lane Primary school boys in the early 1960`s I think we Lost every game for about 4 years by at least 10 Nil against us.
I can't ever remember any of us ever scoring a Goal ever !
I felt sorry for my Classmate and Friend David who was our Goalie he was in Tears after every match and he wasn't even fat. No one else ever volunteered togo in Goal.
We put our bad luck down to the fact that we played in White Shirts and Black Shorts like England,
when every other school had coloured shirts.!

Having so Many Goals scored against us in every match, never really bothered me, because I was never ever really good at Maths at school.

But playing as Right Half, to this day, when I pass down that corner of Sterrix Lane and Moss Lane
where our pitch was in a Field meadow and had a 45 degree slope from one end to the other with pot holes,
I can still hear Mr.Harper shouting :

" Chapman ! If in doubt, kick it out !"

I can't say it scarred me for life loosing like that at Football in every game, so I never really played Football after that and decided my skills were better used in Badminton, Squash and Karate
and I never liked loosing after that,
and made sure I was better than my opponents in matches, in those events, in future.

Just an Old Grumpy Armchair Football Critic now,
and I hate possession football that goes backwards towards your own goal,
because you haven't the skills to turn an opponent and go forward.

Seeing the Women's Football, I have seen their players with those skills, time and time again,
its a real joy to watch!
Football as it should be !
No professional Fowls by Defenders, who haven't the skills to stop those attackers and resorting to Wrestling to their Back Up skill.

Here`s an Example of my Point :

Not saying Ken would have chopped her down, but he's already admitted doing it to the kids. :D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/48600012
ALAMO2008

Postby Invicta » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:50 pm

Well I’d certainly wrestle some them but you’d have to be careful, some tough girls playing. :D K
Invicta

Postby Bootlelass-expat » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:46 pm

I know goal difference can determine position in group.

It wasn’t really the score that upset me as much as how they celebrated every single goal.

I lost interest at 7 - 0 feeling the USA were going to “rub it in” to the Thailand team.

Wil have to see if the other teams in the group try to beat the USA score!

What do you think?

Now I am cheering for England and Canada.
Doreen
Bootlelass-expat

Postby Patricia » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:05 pm

Ken I really admire your "Reality" check on this which makes complete
sense to me! :D
Patricia

Postby Invicta » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:09 pm

Patricia :wink: K
Invicta

Return to Chat about anything with the Bootle Bucks