Audley Street 1960

Your place to talk about your Bootle memories
campo

Thought i'd share this with you

Brian Campion
whacker66

thats great campo...I had the same done for my sis about july st...did you have it from a guy in an antiques fair?
Peter
Eddy Lloyd

Gr8 post Brian. Some blasts from the past amongst those names.
campo

Thanks for the reply's fella's, it was given to me by my brother who in turn got it off a guy who new we used to live in Audley Street, on the bottom off the original copy is what i presume is the name of the guy who put it together "Derrick Fielding" i've googled his name and he is an artist of some description i was hoping to see if he'd done anything else concerning local history. Maybe someone out there know's of him ?
Brian Campion
donegaldan

seems to be a lot of female names as the main tenant, but like eddy said, wow brings back loads of memories, gimme more campo
too old to die young
daveowe

Hi campo

How the collage is put together a copy of the areas electoral roll, of the year in question, is used the street name and the some household family detail is typed in. Then a background is selected the programme does the rest similar to the ones that print out the origins of your family name.

daveowe
campo

Thanks daveowe

I've just read Derrick Fieldings biography and it turns out he is a local artist born in Liverpool in 1965 and doing these Mersey memories was a sideline of his back in 1999, he says it was to display some of his work down the sides of the paper, he also says he gained a business award for this idea
Brian Campion
marielou

Hi Brian, have sharpened it up a little.
Marielou
Last edited by marielou on Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We lose dignity if we tolerate the intolerable.
Eddy Lloyd

Nice one Marielou xxxx
campo

Great job that Marielou, i deffo need to read that "how to use photoshop elements book" as Eddie says "nice one"
Brian Campion
marielou

Hi Brian, I have got photoshop elements 5 by Scott Kelly it's good, it was recommended to me by Allan Stodden,

also youtube has some good tutorials sent to me from Jimmyx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi marielou, have you tried youtube, i found it very helpful, try the link below.
http://uk.youtube.com/results?search_qu ... &aq=-1&oq=

Thanks Marielou, i will put more effort into my elements learning now, and see if i can join the artist on the BB site and i don't mean the p**s artist :lol:
Brian Campion
Eddy Lloyd

Brian you joined that club years ago. :D :D :D :D
campo

:lol: :lol: Thanks Eddy, I did'nt know you knew me :lol:
Brian Campion
Eddy Lloyd

Only going by the Campion name Brian did you have a sister called Pat. I remember most of the surnames in Audley street but a little bit dodgy on first names.
campo

Yes your right Eddy, Pat is just one of my many sisters, there's also Joan, Ann, Shiela, Margaret, Flo, you might even know one of my brothers, Jimmy, George, David, Arthur, Eric, and Paul, :lol: well as you know not every one had a telly in Audley Street!!!!! ask me mam and dad :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brian Campion
Bootlelass

Hi Campo
I was going to ask if you had a sister Joan but now I see you do. She was in my class at the Jimmys, how is she doing? What a brilliant place this is, all these people we grew up with are suddenly back in the front of our minds and all the school days brought back to life.
Babs
Eddy Lloyd

Yes Brian I remember most of them mate and I also remember your sisters were absolutely GORGEOUS. I didn't get a look in :cry: :cry:
campo

Hi Bootlelass, our Joan is ok, she lives in sefton now, she's got 3 kids, all left home and have their own family's, although Joan has the grankids a lot of the time (i dont think she'd have it any other way) but she's doing well, i'll tell her you was asking if you let me know your name??
Brian Campion
whacker66

WELL EDDY SEE...YOU DID'NT DO THE SMOOTHIE ...oops sorry about the caps.....had to shout at him :lol:
Peter
campo

Aye never mind Eddy, their all still gorgeous, and i'll tell them you said that, our Pat is still available if your interested :lol: :lol:
Brian Campion
campo

Whacker, you can't shout at Eddy, it must have been hard to try and be smooth to a girl with 7 brothers :lol: :lol:
Brian Campion
Eddy Lloyd

Dons his crombie, fishes out one of his cardboard collars, polishes his Commos, finds a pair of undies with no holes in, oh and socks, tells the wife I'm going fishing with Whacker, Old Spice in glove compartment,polo mint for breath. What time shall I meet her Brian?? :D :D :D :D
Eddy Lloyd

Just read your last post Brian :D :D The girls could hold their own if I remember rightly. :D :D
whacker66

oh I love the old spice...takes me back....I bet Babs likes it too
Peter
campo

:lol: :lol: I like it Eddy, i'll tell me mother she could finally be getting rid of our Pat :lol: :lol:
Brian Campion
Eddy Lloyd

Oh I dont want to keep her Brian lol Just want to see if I've still "Got it" That's if I ever had it.
campo

Dohhh!!! back in the loft with my three piece suit :lol:
Brian Campion
Eddy Lloyd

:D :D :D :D :D Brian
nikobeans

anyone remember the laws they used to live in number 4,
susanlaw11

nikobeans wrote:anyone remember the laws they used to live in number 4,
yes i do that was my dads family
Eddy Lloyd

Is that Susan Law, Davy Laws sister????
smoked out

Eddy Lloyd wrote:Is that Susan Law, Davy Laws sister????
alice law and franny law ,peter marshes baggy ?
smoked out

brian should nelly sands and ann kervin be in the houses next door to you mams in 1960.
we were a bit younger but we could not help looking when pat and was it julie farley were dressed up and on their way out going up pleasant view.
nikobeans

frances law worked in the baggy early seventies.lived in 4 audley street ,her mam was pat law billy laws brother.