Cryptic TV programmes

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
bjones

It certainly is Bernie, over to you.
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
Bernie R

Noughties

Naughty lists?
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Bernie R

Oooer!!! :oops:

I'm guessing someone just bumped this toopic.

Embarrassed to say that it's that long since I posed it that I've not a clue what I was looking for :oops:

I'll leave it for a day to see if we gat any guesses that ring a bell - if not I'll set another.

Bern
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
filsgreen

I bumped it earlier, Bernie, is it the X files?
Bernie R

Don't believe so Phil - doesn't ring a bell

Think that would be more 90s to be honest
Bernie R

OK gang. I remembered so to move it on.... if you're on a naughty list, what could you also be said to be in?
filsgreen

Is there a programme called, The dog house? :D
Bernie R

There might be but that's not it.

You wouldn't be in 'The .....' but you'd be in 'someone's ...'
filsgreen

Black books?
Bernie R

That's the one Phil

I didn't remember it as such but ended up solving the clue - as soon as i thought of it I immediately recalled that was the one I'd been after.

Must make a note in future :D

Over to you
filsgreen

Thanks Bernie. 70s

Harper Valley weren't fantasizing about their adversary
Bernie R

I Dream of Jeanie?
filsgreen

Back to you, Bernie. :D
Bernie R

Noughties and teens

1-7 November
bjones

Can only think of This Week but I’m a bit late with that one :roll:
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
Bernie R

You're not late at all Bee as that's spot on.

This Week - Andrew Neill's late night politics show that was on after Question Time on Thursdays until last year.

Over to you
bjones

R A Bern, this lockdown biz has me confused enough about what day it is ....

1960s: The Depths of San Luis
Bee

Bernie R

Voyage to the bottom of the sea???
bjones

Not that one Bern.
There are many of these in South Wales.... but you won’t find the $1,000,000 man in any of them 8)
Bee

Bernie R

Further clue perhaps Bee???
bjones

Ok Bern, I’ll start by apologising for underselling the $6,000,000 man :oops:
This prog is what he was doing in the 60s
Bee

Bernie R

Gotcha now Bee.. I think?

The Big Valley?
bjones

Course it is Bern, I thought that would be easy but then remembered that some of you guys were only about 5 when it was on telly 😁
Bee

Bernie R

Easy one...

Current

W.............O.................M..............E............N
bjones

Can’t believe no one’s said Loose Women yet.
Bee

Bernie R

They hadn't but you have now!

Over to you Bee
bjones

The not so small me and my Singer: Current decade
Bee

Bernie R

Great British Sewing Bee (or something like that)?
bjones

Yep!
Over to you Bern.
Bee

Bernie R

Current

Surgeons for Mr Rourke's wee assistant?
bjones

No idea about ref to Mr Rourke so based solely on the words “surgeons for” I’m assuming this relates to doctors for other than humans..... how about All Creatures Great and Small?
Bee

Bernie R

Not that one Bee.

Mr Rourke ran a paradise where your dreams came true, if you had the money.

Hope that helps?
bjones

It does Bern, in as much as I guessed there might be a prog called Tattoo Doctors and Mr Google confirmed it.

Brought to mind a memory from about 1979 when my boy was about 7 years old.
People were crowded on Crosby Beach waiting to see Concorde fly over.....as she came into sight Me Laddo yells out “DE PLANE, DE PLANE”. and the crowd erupted with laughter. Sad to say his behaviour hasn’t improved with the years.
Bee

Bernie R

Was after Tattoo Fixers but that's close enough, if not better.

Over to Bee
bjones

Ta Bern.
Simple one from the 90s: Not the Top
Bee