Where's Kenny?

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
bjones

Been a bit quiet on here of late with a few of our regular posters going AWOL.
Where's Kenny Eddy these days. His input is sorely missed. And what about Paul of the EFC badge logo thingy. Also M.I.A are Bernie Johno and Graham from Waterloo to mention just a couple. Come on you guys you must have some news to share!
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
Bernie R

Bee

Ken's taking a one month sabbatical from social media.
We've been in touch and all is well though.

Bern
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Bonesy

All is good with Ken as Bernie said, spoke today and just having a breather.
Can't say I blame him :wink:

Keith
Invicta

Thanks for thinking of me Bee.
As the lads say I’m on a social media sabbatical after an excess of same over Lockdown.
I planned to resume posting in August but to be honest I think the Forum has gone downhill, particularly the “ Chat about anything “ section.
Of late I have found little to interest me and more to annoy, especially the stuff from Mrs Finnegan, the relentless claptrap and droning on, copy and pasting rubbish from remote websites.
This has spoiled the site for me and as I don’t want to spend my time challenging that gibberish I have chosen to opt out and will not resume posting. I will not respond further.
Most of you have my contact info and I will resume FB sometime next month.
I wish you all well.
Kind regards
Ken
Bernie R

Ken

An old latin saying springs to mind...

Illegitimus non tatum carborundum :wink:

Bern
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
filsgreen

Bernie Johno said he was going to give it a miss for a while as well, Bee.
Shelagh

Ken, sorry you are feeling angry towards me, it was never my intention to keep you or anyone else from posting.

I really am shocked by your post, it’s not very nice to be ridiculed on a public forum, especially when my only crime is to care and share information.

The world is now in crisis, events happening such as we’ve never witnessed before, do you really think that nobody should be concerned or talking about these matters ?

To mock somebody because of one scriptural quote is very nasty and unnecessary.

Feel free to post again, Ken, I’ll take the sabbatical if you like!

Stay well, I feel very sad, but have no argument with you!
Shelagh

Bernie; very admirable of you to support Ken, but was it really necessary to refer to me as an illegitimate person...thanks for that!
john j connell

Bernie R wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:35 pm Ken

An old latin saying springs to mind...

Illegitimus non tatum carborundum :wink:

Bern
Roughly translated: Don't let the bastards grind you down, very classy.
Shelagh, no sabbatical needed, it's called free speech.JJC.
Bernie R

Shelagh

Figure of speech - that's all.
Elaine Goulding

After reading all your comments I feel really sad. I am sorry to hear you are leaving Ken, but hope one day you will change your mind. I can only repeat what I believe, this forum is made up with lots of different opinions. Some I agree with and some I don't, those I disagree with I try to give my opinion without insults. What some of you are doing by attacking Shelagh is not nice. Bernie, I am so shocked you would write what you did, no member deserves that. Shelagh did not join our forum expecting these negative insults to be written about her. If any of you do not like what Shelagh posts, don't read them, but do not resort to insulting her or leaving the site. Shelagh is entitled to a voice on this forum, stop trying to take it away from her. Please, let's stop this nastiness and return to the lovely friendly forum filled with so many caring members.
Elaine

Bianca Street, Bootle - moved to Canada 1982
Bernie R

It seems what was supposed to be a rallying cry to Ken has been wrongly interpreted as a personal attack on Shelagh.

As I said above - just a figure of speech with no affront intended.

Hope that clarifies things!

Bern
Mack
Site Admin

Surprised to see Ken saying the forum has gone downhill :(

Mack ( Bootle site admin)
Eddy Lloyd

I haven't seen any derogatory posts from Sheelagh or Ken. I have always liked and respected both and would defend both. Most of us have been involved in arguments and difference of opinions and taking a sabbatical is a wise move until things calm down. Keep smiling folks and don't let silly arguments get you down.
Bonesy

Illegitimus non tatum carborundum

Now I don't know anything about Latin and didn't want to Google so had a guess.

Illegitimus = not legit
Non =. Not
Tatum = tatum
Carborundum= wet and dry abrasive paper.

So my conclusion is,

It is illegal to rub down Tatum O'Neil with sandpaper.

Keith.
Elaine Goulding

Keith.... :D :D :D
Elaine

Bianca Street, Bootle - moved to Canada 1982
Bernie R

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Eddy Lloyd

Keith :) :) :)