Is our Bootle History website any good ?

Your place to talk about your Bootle memories
Sheelagh Tequila

New website a huge success Mack, well done and thank - you for all your hard work and worry.

Sheelagh :D
Mack
Site Admin

Thanks Sheelagh,

Huge sigh of relief actually.

This was a massive update (still got tinkering to do on it over the next few weeks).

Luckily had great support from a guy in America called Mark Hamill who specializes in Databases and PHP, MySQL, and he really helped take the pressure off doing conversion work to convert from 5.6 which is now out of date to the current version 7.2. (cheers to Mark if you happen upon this thread).

We are now using the very latest version of phpBB3 - 3.2.8 with a new design that I'm still testing.

Cheers again,

Mack :D
filsgreen

Well done, Mack. Thanks for all your hard work.
Mack
Site Admin

Cheers Phil,

Still playing around with the new features. I've gone gone for blue green to purple in this latest test with the colours. More testing to come soon. Thanks again.

Mack :)
bob. b

Big thanks Mack you keep loads of us happy. l for one look forward to going on the site.

Thanks mate
Mack
Site Admin

Cheers Bob,

Just got up earlier than usual to perform some maintenance on the new database to make sure I could still optimize it in its new format and everything went fine. Big sigh of relief as it went through without any errors. I think I'm feeling a lot more confident now on how to proceed in the future after all this. I'll still be doing some fine-tuning over the next few weeks.

Bezzies,

Mack :)
DenisO2019

Mark Hamill ???

I didn't realise that Luke Skywalker was interested in Local History :-)

Keep up the good work Mack - website is excellent !
steamer

Hi Mack, I do not put very much on here, but find the website very good, and if I remember rightly we used to contribute to you, for running the forum, I have sent a donation to you before, even though it was a few years ago, as did others.

Steamer
Mack
Site Admin

Cheers Steamer,

The details are exactly the same as last time. If you need any details again you can contact me by PM. Invicta is also kindly helping with overseas donations.

Thanks again,

Mack
Joseph77

This was a pleasant surprise for me. I really like that. Thanks!
dave s

Hi Mack
Many thanks for all your hard work keeping the site up and running. My only thought regarding the new layout would be to consider
people who are colour blind (mainly shades of blue through to green, the main issue for such sufferers.

Although I don't post a great deal I do enjoy dropping in to see what's happening, in particular enjoying the photos members post.

I'd happily contribute to site costs if required - voluntary or compulsory. Regards Dave s
Mack
Site Admin

Cheers Dave,

Just sent you a PM.

Look top right next to your username to view PM's there when logged in.

Bezzies,

Mack
efc46

luv it
Davey Rowlands Bootle