Burns family.

Find Bootle friends and family here
Jeanettey

Looking for any relatives of my nan Nellie Burns who married Laurence Coughlin in 1915. Her parents were Robert burns and rose Murphy. Nellie had an older brother Robert who we think jumped ship in Australia never to be seen again!! She had older sister Mary who became Mary Miller marrying Frankie Miller. They all lived in Brasenose Road until my nan and grandad were bombed out in the war. Nellie's dad had two brothers William and Richard who came to liverpool with him from Ayrshire Scotland. Richard lived in St John's Road Bootle and William lived around Old Swan area I think. I have been researching family tree and have lots of info of the burns in Scotland but struggling now for descendants after 1911? Theres only my dad Bill left now and he doesnt know much as was baby of the family!! :D
john j connell

Jeanette, i know it is later than the timeline you mention and i don't know if there is any connection,but i was at school (early 60s) with Henry Burns, and Desmond (Dessie) Burns, (may have been spelt Byrne, i don't know) and they both lived on St Johns Road up until the area was demolished late 60s. Henry would now be about 71 years of age, Dessie a year or two younger.JJC.
BOBHAMO

Well in John :D :D :D
Jeanette i have found a william burns old swan 80 gidlow road 60s
i will put all the burns in liverpool 1911 , 1938, 1949, 1960s
this might help
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
Jeanettey

Thanks guys any help much appreciated. My great uncle Richard and his family definitely lived in St John's road. He had about six kids and I do have their names but maybe Henry and Desmond were his grandchildren as none of his kids had those names??? I'll keep searching for info too. Thanks again. :D
BOBHAMO

bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
Jeanettey

Thanks Bobhamo and John - My Gt. uncle Richard is definitely still at 64 St Johns road on the 1938 record and his wife Mary is still there on the 1949 register you posted for me. His children were called Richard, George, Teresa, William, John Robert, Annie and Gerard all born between 1894 to 1909 so any of them may be relatives of the Burns you knew John?? It may be my great uncle William on Gidlow Road. He was living at Salisbury St in 1911 so I will follow up on that. Thanks again for your help. Jeanette.
Bobby Miller

my name is Robert Miller I was brought up by my nan and dad in the corner shop on the corner of Christmas street and brasenose road (155).My dad was Fred Miller and my nan was Mary McGivren(ern?).We had an Uncle Billy who lived close to us ...over the bridge in ceres street.My nan always said she was a relation to Robby Burns(??) I would love to hear from old neighbours and maybe even photographs(corner shop...our house??)