Old photos of Bootle

Post your photo's and video memories about Bootle here...
fatboyjoe90

Thanks for your comments Ray, I thought the car in the middle was an Austin A30. :wink: :) :)

Cheers Joe.
fatboyjoe90

Invicta wrote:Nice pic Joe and great info Ray. :D Ken

Cheers Ken. :wink: :)
Cheers Joe.
fatboyjoe90

Hooton Road Aintree 8th of June 1935. :wink: :)

Cheers Joe.
fatboyjoe90

Warbreck Moor Aintree, the church was Emmanuel Methodist, at the top of Eastbourne Road1920s :wink: :)

Cheers Joe.
kmc

fatboyjoe90 wrote:End of war party 1945 in Dryden St. Bootle. :wink: :)
Does anyone recognize any faces on this photo :?: :wink:
Extreme left is our grandmother Emily mumford.
Lived in 28 Dryden street Bootle.
Also could be our aunties Barbara and Bessie.
kmc

Should add Bessie Healey nee mumford.
Number 30 Dryden street.
miv donelan

Behind Emily Mumford, is her daughter-in-law (I only knew her as Mrs Healey) she's holding my friend Sandra, then aged three.
kmc

Bessie Healey was Emily's daughter. Sandra is my cousin.
miv donelan

Hi KMC, Sandra and I met at school when we were eleven, where we became close friends.
Our other friend was Thelma, now known as Teri. We continued as friends after school, joining a cycling club, where Sandra met Brian. We still met up after we were both married with children. We lost touch when Sandra and Brian went to live in Greece.
Six years ago we found each other again, thanks to the Bootle forum. We also traced Teri, living in America. Teri visits every year since, staying with me, Sandra comes up from Harrogate. We always have the best time. Sandra's brilliant company, we never stop laughing with her. She's a one off. We met up last Saturday in York, sightseeing and making plans for Teri's visit in September. I recognised Mrs Healey on the photo because Sandra's the image of her.
fatboyjoe90

Great stuff girls long may it continue :D :D
Cheers Joe.
fatboyjoe90

Gray Street Bootle, The Queens Pub is on the left, 1960s :wink: :)

Cheers Joe.
miv donelan

Thanks for posting the Dryden street photo Joe. I was so happy when I realised it was my nutty friend Sandra with her mum and nan. Like Sandra, they were always full of fun when I went round.
kmc

miv donelan wrote:Hi KMC, Sandra and I met at school when we were eleven, where we became close friends.
Our other friend was Thelma, now known as Teri. We continued as friends after school, joining a cycling club, where Sandra met Brian. We still met up after we were both married with children. We lost touch when Sandra and Brian went to live in Greece.
Six years ago we found each other again, thanks to the Bootle forum. We also traced Teri, living in America. Teri visits every year since, staying with me, Sandra comes up from Harrogate. We always have the best time. Sandra's brilliant company, we never stop laughing with her. She's a one off. We met up last Saturday in York, sightseeing and making plans for Teri's visit in September. I recognised Mrs Healey on the photo because Sandra's the image of her.
Hello miv. Thanks for your reply. If you speak to Sandra mention me please. I heard from Ronnie Healey some time ago. He was living in Australia at the time. I would like to know if Sandra has any old photos of my mother. As we have none from earlier years.
miv donelan

Will do, I'm sorry I don't know your name. Ronnie's still in Australia. When Sandra visited he was reluctant to part with any photos etc. She may have some of her mums though, or Mike might have some older ones. Did you ever see the YouTube video I took of Sandra and Teri singing Yellow Submarine in the sound box at Liverpool museum. It's hilarious, nobody would believe they were stone cold sober, but they were. I am so happy I wasn't on it :lol: well worth watching though. I'll speak to her in the next couple of day's and let you know if she has anything for you.
kmc

Thanks Miv. My name is Kevin McNulty. Sandra will know me. Perhaps she could email them or WhatsApp. Will have a look at Utube for the video. Thanks again. Kev.
fatboyjoe90

This photo is one of Gerard Fagan’s.
Southport Road, looking towards where the Mons would be built. :wink: :)

Cheers Joe.
Matt

Joe I climbed up that water storage tank many times along with my mate Tom who lived in 101 Downing Road.I also lived in 101 after my mother emigrated to Canada and I still had quite some time to do in the R.N.Tom's mum and dad gave me a home when I came home on leave but they took the tank down so all I could do was go into the Mons :)
Matt
Bill fawcett

Great photo Joe, that is the first one I have seen of the water tank. Like Matt I climbed that many times in my youth.
We used to play football on the road there,which we referred to as 'the brickfields'.

Bill
BOBHAMO

Good one Joe :D :D :D
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
fatboyjoe90

Thanks for your kind comments, Matt, Bill and Bob. :wink: :D
Cheers Joe.
kmc

Hello miv. I tried getting YouTube video of Sandra and friend but was unable to.
I have a photo of my mum and Barbara that Sandra may be interested in.
sal

Joe, love your photo of the water tank on Southport rd. The large house along side of it
was Jessie Carter's dancing school.
Great Memories. The days when we all had nothing but happy with
all that we had.
Cheers Sal
BOBHAMO

BOBHAMO
bootle born altcar road
miv donelan

Hi Kevin, I've left a message for Sandra on her land line, and mobile. She'll get back to me as soon as she has chance, she's always up to something.
I can't bring the video up on YouTube using the title either, but I have the original link for it. Only one problem, I've got no idea how to post it on the forum. I'm just as dumb with photographs as well. I'll ask Sandra if she can do it. It's worth watching.
BossHogg

BOBHAMO wrote:Image
BOBHAMO
Is the Wispa the club that was renamed Clouds? It was below Secrets near the traffic lights by The Whitehouse (KFC).
BOBHAMO

Sure is :D :D :D :D
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
kmc

Thanks miv. I'll look forward to that.
Kev.
BOBHAMO

another of the tank
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
kmc

miv donelan wrote:Hi Kevin, I've left a message for Sandra on her land line, and mobile. She'll get back to me as soon as she has chance, she's always up to something.
I can't bring the video up on YouTube using the title either, but I have the original link for it. Only one problem, I've got no idea how to post it on the forum. I'm just as dumb with photographs as well. I'll ask Sandra if she can do it. It's worth watching.
Hello miv. Hopefully a photo is attached of my mum and Barbara mumford before both passed away. Taken around the mid 90s.
Kev.

miv donelan

Kevin, Sandra was thrilled with the pics you posted of your mum and Barbara. She says she's sorry but doesn't have any photos at all of any of the families. The only one she has is of Dryden street, they never had a camera when she was growing up. She said she would love to hear from you to have a catch up. She wants to know if you have an email address she could contact you on.
kmc

Hello miv. Thanks for your reply.

Kev.
Last edited by kmc on Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
miv donelan

Hi Kevin, I'll forward that to Sandra tomorrow. She's going to Bournmouth for the weekend, so you may not hear from her till next week. She's going to some fancy dress do tomorrow, as usual her outfit is over the top. Can't wait to see pics. Ask her to send you the link for the video of her and Teri.
miv donelan

Kev, you may want to delete that post with your email address on. I should have asked you to send me a PM with it. I've copied it for Sandra
Miv.
fatboyjoe90

Kevin, I hope you don’t mind I’ve enlarged your Mums and Barbara's photo.

Cheers Joe.
fatboyjoe90

sal wrote:Joe, love your photo of the water tank on Southport rd. The large house along side of it
was Jessie Carter's dancing school.
Great Memories. The days when we all had nothing but happy with
all that we had.
Cheers Sal

Thanks for your nice comments, Sal, glad it jogged your memories of Jessie Carter’s dancing school. Going back into time we didn’t know how lucky we were, back in those days. :wink: :D :D
Cheers Joe.