Anyone remember Halsall Family from Strand Road

Find Bootle friends and family here
Jim (Jimbo) Halsall

I am looking for friends/relatives of the Halsall Family who moved from Tudnoe Street to Strand Road in the 50's. I am looking for friends and relatives in particular who were close to or knew my Mam Winnie (Louisa). Apart from Mary Hines/Hienz who was related to the Sheridans (Rose, Mark and Frank (Senior and Junior) and who moved to Scotland and Nellie Bolton (nee Murphy) who was her cousin I cant remember anyone else. Myself and my 3 brothers would like to hear from anyone who knew her,

Thanks. Jim
Jan

:D

Hi Jimbo,

Have you tried posting on the Liverpool Old Pals notice board?

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/expats/

Jan
henry

is PETER who has a limp any relation
annie

hi jim the halsalls lived in bank road and chris is my brother in law and lives in wigan he has two sons and a daughter an my family and i have some lovely get togethers there was also a peter who lost his leg and a joey who went to be a priest but came out of it and got married he now lives in the old roan he also has a son who is a proffesional footballer. they were related to the cains .peter cain was once the mayor of bootle
Jim (Jimbo) Halsall

[quote="Jan"]:D

Hi Jan

Thanks for the reply will have a looksee at the website.

Regards Jim
Jim (Jimbo) Halsall

henry wrote:is PETER who has a limp any relation
Hi Henry

I think Peter is my Mam's cousin.

Cheers Mate
Jim (Jimbo) Halsall

annie wrote:hi jim the halsalls lived in bank road and chris is my brother in law and lives in wigan he has two sons and a daughter an my family and i have some lovely get togethers there was also a peter who lost his leg and a joey who went to be a priest but came out of it and got married he now lives in the old roan he also has a son who is a proffesional footballer. they were related to the cains .peter cain was once the mayor of bootle
Hi Annie

We lived at 110, Strand Road when they were maisonnetts 3rd and 4th storey up next door to the Farrell Family (108 I think). The Halsall's that I think you are talking about from bank road/ marsh lane could be my mams cousins. I remember a Great Uncle Joe who had two sons my second cousins Mick (Professional footballer, now coach at Walsall FC), and Vincent, he also had two daughters but I cant remember the girls names. I think they moved over to Old Roan. I dont recall a Chris Halsall, who is his mam/dad ?

Thanks Jim
annie

hi jim. chris halsalls mum was called cain before she got married .there was a cousin called betty cain. there was also a tina halsall. chris married agnes o!sullivan who used to live facing the jollies pub in marsh lane i have a feeling his dads name was joe.in bank road there was a little off licence and the halsalls lived more or less facing it
Kathy John Moorcroft

Hiya Jimbo and Annie, there was a Joey Halsall, in our school in St. James. he lived around Talbot Street ,Bank Road, Brook road, vicinity, he was a mate of my cousin Mick Gosling`s, they were about the same age, 67 ish, ( about 2/3 years older than me ) it wouldn`t surprise me if Joey had turned Professional himself, as he was a brilliant footballer, don`t know if he`s one of your family Jim. Good luck mate !, John
annie

hi john thats the same joey halsall.. he now lives in the old roan.he married a mate of mine tricia owens from oregon street
Kathy John Moorcroft

Hiya Annie, Is Tricia Owens, any relation to Georgie, Alec, and Tommy Owens, all brothers who went to the `Jimmies`same time as me. Worked with all three lads later on, I did know the Owens family, lived off `Strannie` John
henry

YES John they are the Owens from Oregon street and when they pulled the houses down the Owens moved up to the Eden Vale in Netherton
red ron

Hiya Jim, I worked with Billy Halsall who drove plant on Bootle Corpy Highways about 30 + years ago. He lived in the Old Roan estate I think.
Cheers R R
Kathy John Moorcroft

henry wrote:YES John they are the Owens from Oregon street and when they pulled the houses down the Owens moved up to the Eden Vale in Netherton
Cheers Henry , I have`nt seen the lads since about 1965 when I was just `settling in` on the `Mint Rock`I remember we used to have a cracking laugh, with Jimbo, Paddy, and Tony Reardon, three other brothers, who were `Dock mates` of the The Owen`s Boy`s p.s. Just thought on, Recall , I did have a few bevie`s, in the company of Alec Owens, and Bobby Parry, (originally from `The Lane`) in the Eden Vale, when we went back, for a visit, in 1988. John
henry

John i know all the Reardons and Patrick was my mate when we lived down Strannie and we were always playing footie on the field in jersey street /boston street which we called the backy and in the same classin The Winnies
annie

HI JOHN AS HENRY SAID THEY ARE THE SAME OWENS. GEORGIE WAS MY FIRST BOYFRIENDS AND HE HAD A TERRIBLE TRAGIC LIFE,HAVENT SEEM HIM FOR QUITE Q WHILE. JOHN DIED AND IM NOT SURE IF ALEX DIED ALSO.JOHN WAS THE ONLY LAD I WAS SCARED OF AS I WAS VERY MUCH A TOMBOY IN THOSE DAYS
Kathy John Moorcroft

henry wrote:John i know all the Reardons and Patrick was my mate when we lived down Strannie and we were always playing footie on the field in jersey street /boston street which we called the backy and in the same classin The Winnies
Hi Henry and Annie, about 4 years back we were honoured, with a visit, here in `OZ` from my cousin Jimmy Moorcroft, ( Kirk St )and wife Teresa ( Nee Murphy ) from ( Audley St ) Jim,and I, hadn`t seen each other,since I was about 11, and Jim, 12, needless to say we had a `Ball` Jimmy was telling me he usualy has a few beer`s in Saint Benet`s Club, not far from the `Eden Vale` of a Sunday `lunchtime`cutting the story short, he mentioned a few dock buddies, inc :- The Reardon Lads, Gerry Brennan, ex (Anderson Av ) and Johnny King, ex ( Canal St ) How sweet it would be to just walk in one Sunday,? and have the Craic with these lad`s , Henry, Though we live so far away,I never say never `it might happen one day` God willing ! Regards John
Hilly

delete
Last edited by Hilly on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
charlie w

there was also a tommy halsall he married my auntie nellie stevens they moved to chester ave netherton from denbigh st. charlie w
Mack
Site Admin

Hi Folks,

Moved this over to our "Looking For" section for more replies...

Mack
ella

Hi Jim & Annie
Chris Halsalls mother was Mary Cain the dad was William Halsall. There were ten in the family if I have got it right.
Nellie (Ellen), Julia, Denis, Thomas, Paddy (William Patrick), Tinnie (Christina), Mary, Christopher, Joseph and Peter.
Mary Cains brother was my granddad Joe Cain
Last edited by ella on Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Susanq

Hi Jimbo,
I believe we may be related. Do you remember the Finnie family who used to live over the Talbot Hotel on Derby Road?
Susan.
Mack
Site Admin

Hi Susan,

Welcome aboard.

Jimbo posted his last message on the 10th of October 2006 - 13 years ago.

I don't think he visits here anymore after all these years.

Great to see an old thread from such a long time ago resurrected here though and maybe someone may be able to help :wink:

Cheers...

Mack (Bootle site admin)
Susanq

Thanks, Mack.
If there is anyone who knows Jim Halsall, please point him to this thread. Thanks. Susan.
Maureeng

[quote="ella"]Hi Jim & Annie
Chris Halsalls mother was Mary Cain the dad was William Halsall. There were ten in the family if I have got it right.
Nellie (Ellen), Julia, Denis, Thomas, Paddy (William Patrick), Tinnie (Christina), Mary, Christopher, Joseph and Peter.
Mary Cains brother was my granddad Joe Cain[/quote]

My husband Peter Grant was mates with a Dennis Halsall back in the 60's, Dennis married and had twins, just wondering if this is the same Dennis that knew my husband. :)
Susanq

Hi Maureen,
You’re not related to Vera and her daughter Alison, are you?
Maureeng

[quote="Susanq"]Hi Maureen,
You’re not related to Vera and her daughter Alison, are you?[/quote]

No susanq, afraid not.
COLLY

the halsall brothers are on this photo taken in brook rd 1950s
jensen59

Jim (Jimbo) Halsall wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:00 pm I am looking for friends/relatives of the Halsall Family who moved from Tudnoe Street to Strand Road in the 50's. I am looking for friends and relatives in particular who were close to or knew my Mam Winnie (Louisa). Apart from Mary Hines/Hienz who was related to the Sheridans (Rose, Mark and Frank (Senior and Junior) and who moved to Scotland and Nellie Bolton (nee Murphy) who was her cousin I cant remember anyone else. Myself and my 3 brothers would like to hear from anyone who knew her,

Thanks. Jim
I used to hang around with Jimmy Halsall. He had one eye and he had a sister Libby and I think another brother. I went to Jimmy's wedding. He was a good lad and a good footballer. Would love to know how they all are now