looking for James Martin gardner at a convent in bootle

Find Bootle friends and family here
harvejo

Hi,

Im looking for my great grandfather who we believe was a gardner in a convent in bootle in the 20' and poss after that.

He was from a place called Tallanstown, Ardee Co Louth
lily8

hi i noticed you haven't had any replies perhaps if you could give a bit more info approx dob or any other details???? very difficult to search with just a name and often Ireland does not show county-every bit helps.
Lily
Parker1

Hi do u have any other family members names as I am looking for relatives of my father and there is a James Martin in his family around the same time . Any names or street names would be great .
lily8

I had a quick look and found the following 1911 census James Martin as a boarder at 13 William Henry street Bootle occupation marine fireman. Place of birth Louth

1912 aboard the Empress of Britain same address as listed above estimated year of birth 1876 this may be out by a few years due to getting to sea early. Can't see any later sailings after 1912.

If the above is YOUR man he has a medal record for WW1 I will post the link below it will cost 3.50 to get a PDF to see if he actually claimed his medals as the Mercantile Marine medals had to be claimed they were not sent out, as a result quite a few went unclaimed if this is the case then NOK may claim them.

http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.u ... r/D8061866
Lily