Christmas Night Out

Post your photo's and video memories about Bootle here...
Bonesy

Now where shall we go?

Keith
Invicta

OPB , Googie the Duck is a must see :wink: K
Bill fawcett

David Alexander was married to Penny Page(Googie the Duck). Both on the same Bill.

Bill
Dan

Sorry Keith. It looks like Christmas has been cancelled throughout most of the area.

Birkenhead

Bootle

Litherland

Waterloo

Crosby

Formby

Southport

Regards

Dan
filsgreen

Only in the poor areas where their opinion doesn't matter. It's an embarrassment by Sefton Council and reinforces where their priorities lie.
filsgreen

I've just sent this email to Peter Dowd, regarding the state of the Xmas trees in South Sefton.

Dear Mr Dowd.

I have just spoken to your assistant by phone; he suggested that I e-mail you.

I rang your office to see if you could find out why the Christmas trees and decorations in Bootle and Litherland, are so inferior to the ones in Crosby, Formby and Southport?

The disparity is a disgrace and I'm embarrassed for South Sefton as it has been posted on Facebook for all to see. I feel the residents of Bootle, Seaforth and Litherland are being discriminated against, as the trees and decorations in the borough of Sefton, should be of the same size and quality.

Your assistant suggested that that I contact Sefton Council, as it is not part of your remit. I realised that, but feel that any complaints to Sefton Council would fall on deaf ears, as they have demonstrated their obvious disdain for the residents of South Sefton.

I realise you are a busy man, but I would appreciate any input from you on this matter. I've enclosed two photographs of the Litherland and Formby Christmas trees as an example.

Kind regards.

I hope you don't mind, Dan, I used your photos of Litherland and Formby, to illustrate the obvious favouritism.
Dan

No problem Phil.
I realised, as I was posting, that the trees got better the further north you went.
The Litherland tree and crib used to be my favourite when I was a kid.
Not a clue why there should be such a disparity between the areas.

Regards

Dan
Bonesy

Well done Phil.
I do hope you get a justifiable response.
Phil you could have added Maghull to the list of shameful Christmas trees.
Last year Maghull didn't even get one.
This year after protests from Joe Public we have a tree back all of 10 feet high, a couple of transit vans parked up in the Maghull Square car park and you wouldn't know it was there.
Well done again Phil

Keith
filsgreen

Thanks, Dan, Keith. :D
Sheelagh Tequila

I don`t know what happens in other areas but in Formby the decorations are paid for by donations from local companies or they were when we still owned our business, not sure about the tree, for some reason I always thought it was donated by a local company. I`m sure someone will know the answer.

Sheelagh
Dan

That's where Formby's so lucky Sheelagh.
Bootle's only got Cargill with a turnover of $109.7 billion, and Peel Ports with a pitiful £717 million.
So glad we're going to let them put a road through Rimrose Valley. If anyone deserves it Peel Ports do.
No wonder Bootle comes off so poorly, generating so little revenue for the region.

Regards

Dan
filsgreen

Come, come now, Dan. Cargills do erect a Christmas tree every year....sixty foot up in the air on top of a silo. :D
Shelagh

Spectacular Christmas trees of Sefton :lol:
Litherland looking good - Bootle a close second :wink:
Crosby tree looking scrawny..decorations provided by Crosby Traders Association, all help to spruce up the village :D
Not all bad news; trees this year, being planted for life, (or so I believe) good for the environment, not so good for little spectators :(
Dan

So Sefton Council think Christmas trees are native species in Litherland and Bootle?
I think the council may have a disconnect with the outer parts of its authority.
Well next year I want palm trees. The year after either a baobab or perhaps a giant redwood.
The crimes that are committed in the name of environmentalism.

Regards

Dan