EFC - talk about Everton Football club here

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
dannylewis

Williams should have been sent off before his goal, young davis had good game reminded me of Sammy Lee.I realy though Koeman was the bis . but its a funny old game , Danny
Bernie R

Shameful scenes last night with fans getting involved in that players' melee.

Not just having a pop at the blues - that sort of thing is bang out of order anywhere.

The guy seen having a go while holding his baby needs sorting out - idiot!
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
bernie johno

went last night as always was in the park end so couldn't tell what was going on with the incident at the gwladys st.
thought we were poor again last night but that said i do not think overall we deserved to lose.The time wasting by Lyon seems to be a European thing no time added on in the first half and only 5 in the second.I am a blue so i am used to the ups and downs .:D :D :wink:
hood st ,norton st, spenser st ,
ab

Get a grip, never been ashamed to call myself an Everton fan until last night, we've sunk to a new low and I,m not just talking about the teams performance. Ronnie, this is the team you assembled, your transfer choices, your selection, your tactics, the board have their head in the sand, time to bite the bullet before we plumb new depths :cry: :cry: :cry:
efc46

never truew words spoken we cannot let this hole get any deeper
Davey Rowlands Bootle
filsgreen

Enough is enough, he has got to go today, the tosh he is coming out with. "The turning point was Gueye getting sent off." We were 2-1 down, and it could have been 5-1 by then. :twisted:
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

I turned over to watch Only Fools and Horses at 2-1 expecting a 4-1 result. Never been one to call for a manager change but this is not going to get any better and calls for desperate measures.

Only Fools and Horses was a good decision. Sadly just as funny but not as embarrassing.
filsgreen

I'd like him to do the honourable thing by resigning. Not much chance of that though, he wants his pay off.
dannylewis

2 Taxis please
efc46

what is going on did you see the face on kenwright make a move get the broom out start again I like all everton fans dont like rubbishing everton but it is getting very very hard to to put up with these performances week after week it is not all Koeman fault players management are part of the mess we are in we have to make decisions or be religated
Davey Rowlands Bootle
ab

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, I think despair sums up the mood today. What next ? :cry: :cry: :cry:
dannylewis

Which was the worst result out of the 2 , i think the Reds can improve not to sure about the blues .
Invicta

Ron has gone !!!!
filsgreen

As I read the post by Eddy; I had Adios by Mantovani on the Bluetooth. :twisted: I was trying to get some sleep before working tonight and I find that Mantovani helps me. No chance of sleep now with that news. I hope they've got a replacement ready, or are they going to put Unsworth in for the time being?
dannylewis

Looks like just one Taxi
Bill fawcett

Koeman has gone.

Bill
lynne99

Is that for real bill :roll: Or am I just being gullible.
lynne99

Just heard it on the news. let's hope the next one is better . PLEASE
Shelagh

GLORY DAY'S Of THE BLUES!!

efc46

I am not surprised please please don,t get Moyes back remember when he jumped ship and tried to coax our players and he said he wished everton all the best on one hand and poaching with the other he is a sneaky slimy snake as for alladice all the players would be wearing wellies and welly the ball up the park anyway better days are cumin EVERTON FOREVER
Davey Rowlands Bootle
Thommos sister

Dave Unsworth as Caretaker? Allardyce to take over or Mr Gravel Dyche?? Ryan Giggs in the mix, could lead W.R astray :lol: :lol: T.S
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Dyche was shown favourite of the four on a short list on TV last night.

Of the other three, Unsworth, Moyes and Big Sam I would prefer the latter but he has already said some time ago h wouldn't go back into club football. Not that that matters in ££££££££££££££££££££ football.
bernie johno

no to fat sam he is what football is all about these days corrupt.
moyes moved on to bigger and better things :D :D :wink:
it is so hard to pick a manager as there will always be a bit of luck needed ask fergie and if howard was alive he would know he was only a couple of games from the sack..Martinez looked good first season as did Koeman,i will just carry on watching and hoping and maybe praying :D :D :wink:
hood st ,norton st, spenser st ,
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Quote from David Unsworth.

"I'll repeat myself from the last time I was sat here 18 months ago: who wouldn't want this job? It's a wonderful football club with amazing fans and it is a top job for any manager, myself included" (Unquote)

We lost...again. But why is it not as painful to a blue as it would have been last season. Last season was a good one so a loss was not good.

This year, so far, it is very bad and a loss has become common place so that we almost expect it. The way we lose is a different matter and last night showed some improvement, belief and passion within the team.

The only difference in the circumstances is that the manager has changed. We now have a temporary manager who believes in the club passionately so why pay out more millions to get a stranger,

I firmly believe that the in-house product (Unsworth) should be given a long run and the chance to turn it around. There won't be anyone, anywhere, who knows our club and players like he does. There is more chance of him moving us up the league than a guy just coming in for the ££££££££££££££ and who has no idea of the passion and make up of true Evertonians. It's a family club so lets keep it in the family.

The fans will soon know, and complain, if he isn't good enough. That would be the time for a relative stranger, not now.
filsgreen

I listened to Radio Merseyside and read Toffeeweb last night, Ernie and the consensus is similar to your opinion. I agree there was a different attitude and the players were more cohesive than they have been for a good while. I'm sure Unsy will carry on the good work that was on display in the second half of the Chelsea game. We created more chances and if the confidence continues to grow, the chances we missed last night, will be put away. Although Leicester will have impetus with new manager syndrome, I think Everton will win on Sunday.
Last edited by filsgreen on Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

This really is the main pivotal moment of his working life....a wonderful opportunity and good reward for his loyalty and dedication.

I would be very happy if we get a draw but now see the future as rosy rather than the misery we have endured.

Quite amazing how 'just a game' can affect so many folk so deeply.

Unfortunately I don't see or hear anything about Everton except on this site. Ex pat living in Manchester but,......... once a blue etc.
oldroanerroamer

As reported in the Daily Mail if you search gobsh**es in Google maps it takes you straight to Anfield.
I don't know how but I know why.
lynne99

Shall we get a manager who understands the motto "Nil satis nisi optimum" That would do us well
dannylewis

OUTFOXED
filsgreen

We weren't outfoxed. We are poor, but it doesn't help that you don't get a stonewall penalty and Johnjo scores a flukey oggie. It's true that when you're down, you don't get the rub of the green. Don't know the answer, but glib cliches aren't. Maybe I should say 'we can't score for toffee" :)
graham01

Need a proven goalscorer asap and a manager with some nous.graham... :(
origin waterloo.present and future bootle.
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

After a terrible start to the season I had given up hope but at last I see some hope. The team are finally committed and it wont be too long before we move up the table. It isn't good but it is definitely better. I think we deserved a draw. That said....I must agree that we need a striker....and soon.
Bonesy

On this latest outing we are a team that will be facing a relegation battle.
We are a team that can`t score, can`t defend and the midfield is a total shambles.
Baines, Rooney & Jagielka are well past their best and are hindering the progress of the club.

Keith
graham01

Agtee
origin waterloo.present and future bootle.
efc46

we have to start looking at the players performance DaveyUnsworth is a proven coach and yet the results are the same old same old yes he needs time but the players are well into the season no excuses for these players The players should all be given a mirror so they can have a look at them self and tell the truth to themselves my question to them is last game poor performance 1st half why 2nd half give it a go why not the first half too only the play er,s no the answer? My answer the club you are playing is EVERTON if you cant give it a go for 90 minutes gerr out the club
Davey Rowlands Bootle