Liverpool Docks - drone footage taken from above

Post your photo's and video memories about Bootle here...
Mack
Site Admin

Used to love going down there for a wander or a bike ride or to just take photos. Anyone know if there is a way in to explore nowadays? I know it's all blocked off but surely there should be some way to look around? ie: jump over a wall or fence or something. :wink:

Mack

phpBB [video]
filsgreen

Thanks for posting Mack, drones are definitely the way forward. Do you remember the one of the Klondike, when it was all closed up?
Invicta

They have a thing called ISPS which excludes casual visitors now Mack. All ships and ports are off limits.
I’ve wandered around Tilbury , unchallenged not long ago but I wore my old “high viz” with company logo on , some lads even waived on my old site ( I think they waived :lol: ). Ken
filsgreen

Hey Ken, was your spelling of wave a Freudian slip? Definitely in an argumentative mood this morning. :D :D
Invicta

Not Freudian, Phil, I’m just thick :wink: Too many waves of late :lol: Ken
filsgreen

Not meant to be judgmental, Ken. I found it funny as you thought your ex colleagues were possibly dismissing you. :)
Invicta

Correct me on spelling anytime Phil.
Strange, had I written that with a pen I would have noticed immediately but these devices allow us to get away with it. :D K
filsgreen

You want to try writing on a smartphone ken. You've probably noticed on some of my posts that A is S because of my stubby fingers :D
billygooner

hi mac. I found that video absolutely fantastic, I worked along the dock for years back in the 60s and did not realise how much unused land there is now, also I think a better use could be made of it than a new ground for the blue half of Merseyside, regards billy. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Invicta

To think that would have been full of ships in the day, albeit, small ships in those docks. Would love to see similar of the bigger docks on the North End. :D K
Bernie R

Enjoyed that Mack - thanks!
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
bjones

Fab...thanks Mack
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
fatboyjoe90

I enjoyed that Mack, thanks for sharing it. :wink: :D
Cheers Joe.
everliver

fantastic Mack enjoyed that mate

Bobby