EFC - talk about Everton Football club here

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Eddie. Results on the field haven't been good for years but they are a great club and highly thought of within the game. Staff moral is amazing.

As an official I was always made very welcome and the off field facilities for referees are amazing. Our dressing room was huge with a fully tiled sunken bath and two showers. They were the only club that provided a separate referees personal lounge and complimentary bar solely for the match officials and their guests. Its a long time ago so other clubs may well have followed suit with these facilities.

Your nephew is with a very good company which is shown in their keen interest for his educational and very promising future.
john j connell

Some good news on the Everton v Atalanta game,i missed it i thought it was a 8 o'clock kick off. JJC.
henry

john j connell wrote:Some good news on the Everton v Atalanta game,i missed it i thought it was a 8 o'clock kick off. JJC.
WHAT WAS THE GOOD NEWS AS I WATCHED IT A REALLY GOOD GAME :lol:
HENRY BORN FLORIDA STREET OFF STRAND ROAD
filsgreen

Yeah, Henry. You did so much better last night. Did you read any posts from Evertonians gloating about your miserable debut? According to Phil Thompson, Liverpool nearly lost it in the dying minutes against Seville. Whether you lose 3-2 or 3-0, you have still lost. Still, I suppose you were buying money with the draw. Just remember, pride comes before a fall. And no, please don't call it banter, Evertonians took your score for what it was, we didn't feel the need to make snide comments.
graham01

Phil i taped it cos i was busy with my preserves.so i was lucky i could fast forward.wish i had not bothered. :( graham.
origin waterloo.present and future bootle.
filsgreen

I watched it in the Alex, Graham. It was hard to watch, but the £2 a pint for Fosters made it easier. Hate to say it, but it seems similar to Ranieri and Mourinho, last season, the players do not seem interested to play for Koeman. I'm dreading Sunday, Lukaku, Rashford et al, are going to have a field day.
efc46

I watched the game we were we were bad wrong they were completely sh*te miss passing no fire in their belly sorry mr manager not exceptable I am and always will a blue hard to swallow this one
Davey Rowlands Bootle
henry

filsgreen wrote:Yeah, Henry. You did so much better last night. Did you read any posts from Evertonians gloating about your miserable debut? According to Phil Thompson, Liverpool nearly lost it in the dying minutes against Seville. Whether you lose 3-2 or 3-0, you have still lost. Still, I suppose you were buying money with the draw. Just remember, pride comes before a fall. And no, please don't call it banter, Evertonians took your score for what it was, we didn't feel the need to make snide comments.
Not gloating but I watched the game of attacking football by the Italians and it was one of your own supporters said it was good news and as I stated I enjoyed the game and had a bet on the blues winning 2-1(Buying money)
HENRY BORN FLORIDA STREET OFF STRAND ROAD
filsgreen

Yeah, ok Henry :roll:
Bonesy

Dreading tomorrow !!!!
Invicta

Have faith Cus, you never know. Good luck :D K
john j connell

Bonesy wrote:Dreading tomorrow !!!!
Keith, the best advice i can give you is to not worry about something you have no control over.
Just watching the Watford v Man City game, city are going to take some stopping, i wonder just how much Kevin DeBruyne is worth in todays market , fabulously talented footballer, JJC.
Bonesy

Very good advice John :D still not looking forward to it though :wink: Although reading about the rollicking some of the players got from the manager they might just have a go :roll:

Keith
bernie johno

off to the game shortly via the solly marsh lane few pints first for dutch courage :D :D :wink:
hood st ,norton st, spenser st ,
Eddy Lloyd

Everton still in the game and playing some good football, behind from a brilliant goal.
Invicta

You put the mockers on that Eddy :wink K
Bonesy

First ten mins where a nightmare to watch, picked ourselves up and had a few chances.
Totally dominated 35 minutes of the second half and then it went very pear shaped.
Dear me how many seasons does a team have to be in a transitional period before they get it right.

Keith
dannylewis

Could be a tough season for the blues Kieth they spent some dough as well ,
EdMcDonald

bernie johno wrote:off to the game shortly via the solly marsh lane few pints first for dutch courage :D :D :wink:
Koeman is going to need some. Just before he's given a fair trial and sacked. :twisted:
Home of the "Edmonton Oilers" Future Stanley Cup Champions. :D
A long way from Duncan B.C. :wink:
graham01

Last 10 minutes.put the oven on put chicken in oven thinking 1-0 not bad getting better back to the radio in my man cave...disaster.need a goal scorer in jan transfer market or there is nothing down for us again...graham. :oops:
origin waterloo.present and future bootle.
EdMcDonald

graham01 wrote:Last 10 minutes.put the oven on put chicken in oven thinking 1-0 not bad getting better back to the radio in my man cave...disaster.need a goal scorer in jan transfer market or there is nothing down for us again...graham. :oops:
Whole Everton team couldn't even put a bun in the oven. :evil: :twisted: :shock:
Home of the "Edmonton Oilers" Future Stanley Cup Champions. :D
A long way from Duncan B.C. :wink:
Eddy Lloyd

I thought Everton played well and could have been 2-1 up if they took their chances. Rooney was Evertons best player, they fell apart when he went off.
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Ed. Haven't you read he papers yet??? :roll: :roll:

Bun in the oven???

Rooney has already scored three buns in the oven at home and another on the way.

No one will ever know how many away buns he has put in other ovens and he has been sent off for the last one he tried???

I doubt his 'suspension' will be for very long.

:) :) :)
bernie johno

i was there when niasse scored :D :D :wink: good win then we get chelsea away the curse of the league up continues or maybe not
hood st ,norton st, spenser st ,
john j connell

Supporters sitting by me are convinced he will start on Saturday, i can't see it myself.
As for Chelsea, no problemo. JJC.
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

We have finally got agreement between blue and red supporters on this site and I have a post I can place on both threads. So I will. :roll:

Both have the makings of a good team
Both have spent plenty in the 'window'.
Both need a player for a specific position.
Both are losing regularly.
Both have managers with excellent records.
Both have plenty of supporters blaming the manager.

Times don't change. :roll: :roll: :roll:
efc46

I have been a blue all me life I had lots of scouse mates in my travels some red some blue I have been in Aussie since1967 whether red or blue we are all scouse till the day we
die
Davey Rowlands Bootle
everliver

I have loads of friends reds and blues do love the banter on a Monday morning in work

Bobby.
filsgreen

Large slice of humble pie eaten today by Mr Koeman. Well done Oumar, you have a terrific attitude, let's hope you can keep putting them away. :D
john j connell

Niasse got all of the headlines but i thought it was the introduction of Tom Davies that changed the outcome of the game.
As for Niasse, i love the kid, love his attitude but i think a full 90 mins on the pitch would just highlight his shortcomings, to get the best out of him either start him (give him 45- 60 mins) or bring him on as a sub.JJC.
filsgreen

I was thinking super sub, like David Fairclough :)
oldroanerroamer

Why was St Lukes cafe closed on Saturday, they said health and safety but what's the real reason
john j connell

I normally go up stairs to look for old matchday programmes but i was late getting to the ground on Saturday, i shall try to find out on Thursday when we play Apollon Limassol.
If you do manage to find out the reason i would be grateful if you could let me know, thank you. JJC.
oldroanerroamer

Upstairs in St Lukes was open as normal on Saturday but the hall was shut (h&s). Disagree about Niasse I think he's got to be worth 90 minutes.
john j connell

quote="oldroanerroamer". Disagree about Niasse I think he's got to be worth 90 minutes.[/quote]
ORR, i would be more than happy if his performance warranted his staying on for the whole of the game v Burnley, he is a busy little player and we do need the enthusiasm he brings to our attack. JJC.