THE GREEN FAMILY

Find Bootle friends and family here
joansgirl

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af38 ... ccutpl.jpg

hope this works

This photograph was taken 26 – 02 – 1911 at 24 Marsh Lane, Bootle. The occasion was the 12th birthday of my grandmother Lillian (Blossom) Hannah, nee Green.
Also, I am certain that her sister Ivy Veronica b. 1905 and brother George b. 1903 figure in this photograph.
The frustrating thing is that I am looking for a 6 year old girl and a 8 year old boy.
Who is the lady, back row, far left, next to grandma, because they are so alike???
After more research, comparasion and by process of elimination I can confidently state the gentleman extreme right is my great grandfather Charles Green and the Lady seated left is great grandma Sarah Elizabeth Green, nee Perrin. Also the boy, 2nd row right is great uncle George Edward. — at 24 Marsh Lane, Bootle, Lancashire

1911 Census:
Resided 24 Marsh Lane, Bootle.
Charles.................head................................Great Grandfather......age 47...born...1864.....1919
Sarah....................spouse.....(nee Perrin)....Great Grandmother....age 44...born...1867.....1926
Lillian Gertrude…..daughter........................ Grandmother..............age 12...born...1899.....1973
George Edward.....son......................................................................age 8.....born...1903.....1973
Ivey Veronica........daughter..............................................................age 6....born...1905
Last edited by joansgirl on Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One bright and guiding light,
That taught me wrong from right,
I found in my mother's eyes.
joansgirl

lynne99

Lovely photo. thanks for posting
BOBHAMO

Hi Joansgirl from 1938 t0 1970 there was
a George Edward Green living at 28 Prior street
1938 down as a ships cook
i am sorry to say but the photo is bomb damage from the corner of litherland road
marsh lane nos 305 ,307
no 24 was between chaucer street and rimrose road
great family photo
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
joansgirl

thank you bob i will double check the information i recieved and yes i can confirm george did live at
prior street im just wondering who the rest are on the pic would be interesting to find out :) is lilly 8 still a member would love for her to see this pic she helped me with my other search for the hannahs my mums side :)

thanks again :)
Thommos sister

Hi Joansgirl, Lily could be a busy at the mo with Cyclone Debbie heading to far north queensland (FNQ).
What a wonderful photo, so many people on it, you are lucky, I wish I had something like this. Warmies from downunder Tina :D
lily8

Hi JG sorry I have been without a computer for 3 weeks all fixed now, what a great photo you lucky thing :D I have to catch up with some pressing things but will have a look at the family again tomorrow.
Lily
Thommos sister

Thanks Lils for popping in with all that's been going on, you're a star wombat....T.S :D
Thommos sister

Hi Joans girl, Grandma was 46 in 1911 with children 12, 8 & 6yrs. Married 12 years, so they married late in life back then. Who is the baby on her knee??Niece or nephew perhaps?
Just one child in 1901 Lilian G 2yrs, 301 (part of whatever that means) Marsh Lane. Perhaps it was her sister standing behind Mary 2 years older or Emma 2 years younger?? Don't know. Good luck T.S :D
Bonesy

Brilliant photo, I would love a family photo like this, thanks for posting.

Keith
joansgirl

thank you everyone :)

the search goes on :)

awwww hello lilly glad to see your safe and well :) i got this off my cousin frank conteh lilly :) its amazing isnt it its got my great grandmother sarah perrin and my grandmother lillian both on it together :) :) :) was absolutely chuffed to bits when i recieved it and hes also done me a family tree with loads of information too :)
joansgirl

hello bob :D on re checking information about the green family pic it was taken at 24 marsh lane but my nanna lillian gertrude HANNAH (NEE GREEN ) lived in 303 not sure if it was before or after she married
i think after as that was the address my uncle gerard returned to to find bombed out after being away at sea for years :( he thought they had perished and gave up looking but he found my mum the baby sister in 1981 after we moved to bootle :) they where a big family as lilly 8 found out :)

lilly can you check if its on the cencus please if you get time

thanks angie xx
lily8

Hi Angie not sure which year census you wanted I looked at what was available for 1939

43 Netherton Road , Bootle C.B., Lancashire, England
Attach to tree
View original image
Print

First name(s)
Last name(s)
DOB
Occupation

Lillian
Hannah
-
-

Richard
Hannah
08 Jun 1896
Corporation Labourer Heavy W

Thomas
Hannah
03 Nov 1934
Under School Age

Mary
Hannah
20 May 1937
Under School Age

Mary Ann
Perrin
15 Aug 1863
Aged
Lily
joansgirl

Hi Lilly showed mum this info.
Mary date of birth on here is 20 may. Mum says marys birthday was 6 may

Maybe that's why I cant find her records from rainhill when she was resident there
lily8

Hi JG just rechecked and the birthday posted is what is listed on the register a further look shows Lillians dob as 2/2/1899 hope it helps. Sadly the 1911 census is the last one available to check as the 1921 census will not be available until 2022 if at all I think most 'genies' are waiting on that one.
Lily
joansgirl

Wonder if these greens are related somehow found on another website I know nan had family who lived in alt street

KATHLEEN O'CALLAGHAN GREEN AND GEORGE GREEN.
My Great Grandparents Kathleen (Kitty) O'Callaghan and George Green, married in Liverpool in 1901. They had two children, Kathleen O'Callaghan Green ( 1901 - 1960) and George Michael Green (1908 - 1971). Their daughter Kathleen married Percy James Staden in 1929, with whom she had 5 children, Frederica V, Rosalie L , Erica E , Michael James and Pauline Green.

Kitty O'Callaghan was born in Liverpool in 1882, George Anthony Green was born in 1875 in Churwell, Yorkshire to a what would seem a long line of master butchers and fruiterers. He had three brothers John Wood Green 1872, Thomas 1880, Rollin 1888 and two sisters Jane 1890 - 1894 and Esther S Green 1877. He started out as a master butcher then changed career to become a carter on the LNW Railway then latterly owned a chip shop on Alt Street, Toxeth. In 1911 they lived at 305 Smithdown Lane, Liverpool

George would have been 38/39 years old at the outbreak of world war 1, so we are uncertain if he served with the forces, I know that they only increased the enlistment age in WW1 in around 1915. His brother Rollin Green ( born 1888 ) enlisted in the Royal Field Artillery as a "Driver/Gunner" of horses as I have a grand photograph of him in uniform with his wife and two children.