Porter Family

Find Bootle friends and family here
bobdowson

Barby wrote:Paul,
Apologies, I didn't realise I had not acknowledged your email
Thanks for the info.
Any possibility you could quiz them at some time re their relations.
Looking for info on William King Porter, Charlotte & Ellen Porter.

Maybe if anyone else has contact with anyone by the name of Porter, would they mind asking about the above people for me. Bit hard for me from down under ((-:
Would really like to make contact with any living relatives if at all possible.

Many thanks.

Barby
hi barby,
i worked with a george porter and his son in the 1960 era at j.d.insulating co bootle george lived on hawthorne road opposite the south park can't remember the name of the son but he served his time as a painter.
bob-d.
bobdowson

the top of audely street wrote:stevie porter was living in pleasant st bootle.died a few years ago married to nellie gentry.

mary ? porter was living on derby road bootle and was married to norman yardley and she used to live in the prefab on marsh lane opposite the coal yard.

i am sure a barby porter now lives in bootle village , i think her family was from bedford road end.

plenty of alec porters around bootle now.
when i was young i remember stevie porter playing in goal for the o.d.v.a. in the bootle j.o.c. i used to watch the odva at that time as my grandad was a founder member and my uncle played for them for a while
bob-d.
vicbee

Hi Barbara

My great grandfather was called John Porter he married Annie Kneen in 1903, I have the wedding certificate and one of the witnesses is Charlotte Porter, not sure how she was related to my g.grandfather or if this has any connection to your Porter family.

Best Regards Vic
researching Brennan, Porter, Carey,Kneen, Casaru, Barber, Hegarty.
John G

Stevie Porter Tommmy Paddy and Alecs brother is also dead Paddy and Tommy live in WALES Alec lives in Crewe.The Porters never lived in Salisbury Road the Rileys lived in the first house next to Daulbys the rag yard

J
Barby

vicbee wrote:Hi Barbara

My great grandfather was called John Porter he married Annie Kneen in 1903, I have the wedding certificate and one of the witnesses is Charlotte Porter, not sure how she was related to my g.grandfather or if this has any connection to your Porter family.

Best Regards Vic
Vic, I was just re reading some msgs on the Porter family and obviously had missed your one.

This sounds very interesting.
My grandmother Annie Evans/Keatinge's wedding Cert has one of her witnesses as ADA KNEEN, could be Annie though??
Annie's Step Sister was Charlotte Porter. Charlotte Porter's father was William King Porter b abt 1865, Ireland. Wm King Porter had a brother John born in Bootle.
According to the 1881 Census from LDS the family were living at 20 Park Street, Bootle. PRO Ref RG11 Piece 3693 folio 68 page 7.
Would love you to contact me please.

:D

Regards
Barbara
vicbee

Barbara I have sent you a pm.
Vic
researching Brennan, Porter, Carey,Kneen, Casaru, Barber, Hegarty.
Jan

:lol:

Hi Barby,

I was in Bootle cem today looking for a grave for someone else, I came across a grave in the Cof E section and It had.

In Loving Memory of Mary Hannah
Wife of William King Porter

April 11th 1921 59 years

Also William King Porter

Oct 2nd 1941 76 Years

They co-inside with the William and Mary H Porter I found on the 1901 census in Bootle and the ages would be correct.

The only death reg I can find for a William K Porter aged 76 in 1941 was registered in Halifax.

Jan
sonstar

my fathers name is PORTER - but i dont know him or associate with him. I do know that his family are from all over the place...: (

if i come across any stories in the future i will be sure to post them here!!! :P
Barby

Jan,

You are an absolute wonder. I can't thank you enough for finding the headstones of my grandparents.
To think that we were in Bootle a couple of weeks ago and never thought about going to the cemetery. So much other info to look up.

Again Jan you are a wonder and work tirelessly for everyone.

Thank you.

Barby
Looking for, Evans, Keatinge, Porter, Anderson, Norton, Lobb, families
Jan

:oops:

Thanks Barb,

I am only too glad to help.

I am so delighted that I found that by chance, I don't know what the odds on that would be, not knowing where or when any of the Porter's died, so that is a great discovery for us.

I am so pleased.

Jan
john w

When my grandparents married at St. Alexander's, best man was a James Porter.
His father was likely David Porter, who, like my grandfather's family, lived in Celia Street about 1900. David Porter got into trouble one or more times for not sending his children to school.

Celia Street wasn't Bootle, but only 100 yards from the border which ran between Rosalind Street (Liverpool) and Olivia Street (Bootle).
Barby

Hi John,

This could be a distant relative.
I will look into it further, thank you.

Barby
Barby

Hi again,

I have relooked at the posting re the Porter family from some time back asking if anyone was able to identify the people in the photos that Jan very kindly had posted for me.
I am able to identify all of them now. So just in case you know these people they are in the first Photo.
L-R Thomas Norton, Ellen Porter/Crowther, Margaret Anderson/Keatinge and Charlotte Porter/Norton. Back William Keatinge, my g.uncle.

The second Photo Anniversary of Charlotte & Bill, is actually the 50th Wedding Anniversary of William & Margaret Keatinge. I have also been able to identify all in the photo as well.
There is one person in the photo I would love to contact and that is the girl in the left of the photos with a floral dress. Her name is Gillian Lyons and I believe she lives in Dorritt St Liverpool, but cannot find a ph #. Maybe someone knows her????

Regards to all.
Barby
Barby

Hi Sonstar,
Sorry to hear you have no contact with your father.
If I find a connection I will let you know.

Barby
mantitude

I had a mate gerard mooney who was a cousin of stevie porters ,stevie was from bedford road I think, gerard was from ford,Stevie was a bit of a lad to say the least when he was a teenager,but a good skin all the same when you got to know him
bill
mantitude

I had a mate gerard mooney who was a cousin of stevie porters ,stevie was from bedford road I think, gerard was from ford,Stevie was a bit of a lad to say the least when he was a teenager,but a good skin all the same when you got to know him
bill
Jan

Hi Barby,

I know this is an old thread, but I have found some more info, I was using the familysearch search pilot and found these christenings for the Porter's!

Hope the link isn't too long

http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsea ... Id=8026129

Jan
Old genealogists never die......they just lose their census.
Jan

Barby,

I don't know if you have a copy of William King Porter's marriage to Mary Hanna Keating(e) or not, but I found this on that family search pilot site.

St Peter's Liverpool the H is missing from Hanna, but her maiden name was Norton!

http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsea ... 6163&pn=p4

Also William's christening in Ireland!!

http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsea ... 7552&pn=p1

Jan
Barby

Hi Jan,

Thank you so much for the information. I had recently found this also. Isn't it great to be able to get these records on line.

John Porter died as did James William in infancy.

The 1911 census has Mary Hannah and William King as having been married for 16yrs. 9 Children born alive 2 survived and 7 died?? Haven't found them all at this stage if their were 7 that died.
I take it meaning that Charlotte and Ellen were the survivors. But this number doesn't include the 3 from her previous marriage to William Keatinge. I guess that is correct as that was a previous marriage.
The number of children for her I have found are William Hawkshaw Keatinge
Henry Keatinge and Annie K Porter (Keatinge) my grandmother.
Ellen Porter and Charlotte Porter. John and James William Porter
There is also Alice Porter and the parents William King and Mary Ann I am sure this is part of their family as Wm's sister was Alice and she is the one buried in the same grave as Wm and Mary Hanna Porter. Haven't as yet found a death for her though. I take it she died in infancy also.
Might be able to find that out when I write to Mary Hanna's grand daughter Dorothy.

Did not have William King's Christening though. Much appreciated.

Hope all is well with you, and the arm/Shoulder is certainly on the improve.

Take care.

Barb
Jan

:lol: :lol:

Hi Barb,

Glad you had found all that info, I was surprised to find William King Porter's christening, what a breakthrough hey?

I was looking on the same site only the other night and I had been looking for a marriage of my gggg grandparents before registration began (1837) in Chester or Flintshire, I had searched for a number of years, and hey presto it came up on that site, I was so pleased I found it, they married in Chester in 1835.

The arm is fine now, thanks for asking Barb.

Cheers

Jan
Eddy Lloyd

Touched up the two photos.

lily8

Well done Eddy :P :P :P
Lily
mooney

mantitude wrote:I had a mate gerard mooney who was a cousin of stevie porters ,stevie was from bedford road I think, gerard was from ford,Stevie was a bit of a lad to say the least when he was a teenager,but a good skin all the same when you got to know him
hi
my father was the gerard mooney who you were talking about.he wasn't stevie's cousin but just a mate. my dads sister married a micky porter who was stevies cousin :
PETER CRAIG

Last edited by PETER CRAIG on Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mantitude

mooney wrote:
mantitude wrote:I had a mate gerard mooney who was a cousin of stevie porters ,stevie was from bedford road I think, gerard was from ford,Stevie was a bit of a lad to say the least when he was a teenager,but a good skin all the same when you got to know him
hi
my father was the gerard mooney who you were talking about.he wasn't stevie's cousin but just a mate. my dads sister married a micky porter who was stevies cousin :
welcome to the site mooney,sorry about the mix up with your dad and stevie :oops: Iwascertain your dad introduced stevie as his cousin to me ,He used to come round quite a bit although to ford even though most of his mates where from the marsh lane area,I apologiseonce again for my mistake,and once again welcome
bill
mooney

hi peter,nice to talk to you. are you getting mixed up with micky porter who was married to my dads sister nancy, who had a son stevie, who lived in bedford road. :D
Jeff

the top of audely street wrote:stevie porter was living in pleasant st bootle.died a few years ago married to nellie gentry.

mary ? porter was living on derby road bootle and was married to norman yardley and she used to live in the prefab on marsh lane opposite the coal yard.

i am sure a barby porter now lives in bootle village , i think her family was from bedford road end.

plenty of alec porters around bootle now.
My mum was Mary Yardley nee Porter she died 1991 my Dad Norman died in 2008 . I was born 2 Clifford St off Marsh Lane as you said. My mums cousin Stevie indeed lived with Nellie in Pleasant St just by our house in 125a Derby Rd. The only current Alex Porter in Bootle is my cousin uncle Ritchie Porters son.best regards Jeff
Jeff

bboardman wrote:Hi Barbie--I think their address was 12 Salisbury Rd,almost opposite the Salisbury pub where I used to play darts with Steve Porter.They were abig family.Sadly I've lost touch with them, but someone will know.Barbie I live in a small village called Naike in the Waikato and have been here for 10 years--I'ts great --cheers Billy B
Hi Billy, my mum Mary Porter had a big family they all drank in the Solly in 1950's. My uncle Stevie Porter played darts for the Solly team as well as football with his brother Johnny. My cousin Ian Porter stevies son has puts pics on here of the Solly AFC. I have got a photo of Solly darts team with uncle Stevie in it perhaps you maybe on it too ?
best regards Jeff
bboardman

Hi Jeff-Even if I'm not on the pic I'm sure i'll know someone on it.Look forward to seeing it---Cheers Billy
Jeff

bboardman wrote:Hi Jeff-Even if I'm not on the pic I'm sure i'll know someone on it.Look forward to seeing it---Cheers Billy
Billy, any idea how I can post the photo ?
cheers Jeff
BOBHAMO

http://www.bootlehistory.co.uk/forum/vi ... php?t=5707
Hi jeff and welcome to the site Mack has put this thread on
how to post photos you will soon get the hang of it :lol: :lol:
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
Eddy Lloyd

Have sent you a message Jeff. :wink:
Jeff

Eddy Lloyd wrote:Have sent you a message Jeff. :wink:
Thanks Eddy. I have sent reply incl. my photo
cheers Jeff
Jeff

bboardman wrote:Hi Jeff-Even if I'm not on the pic I'm sure i'll know someone on it.Look forward to seeing it---Cheers Billy

Hi Billy , here's the photo of The Solly dart's team, my uncle Stevie Porter is 2nd from left. Can anybody name other team mates ?
cheers Jeff, Bootle
Eddy Lloyd

Cleaned the pic up a bit Jeff. Yes My Uncle Jimmy Flyn my Mams brother married Edie Porter I recall going down to Barmouth as a kid for a holiday. Alex Porter was living down there too.