Is our Bootle History website any good ?

Your place to talk about your Bootle memories
Mack
Site Admin

What do you think about our Bootle History website ?

Be Honest !

I'm asking because I've been running the Bootle History website on a voluntary basis now since it started + it would be good to get some feedback here...

We would like to expand our website much further with more photo's, videos, audio interviews + develop the multi-media aspect of how we can talk about Bootle Past Present Future.

What are your own personal thoughts about our Bootle website ? Is it any good ?

Mack
Mack
Site Admin

Would you support our website if I applied for funding to keep it online ?

Mack
henry

Keep the good work up Mack and keep the site going as like other members it is getting popular and everbody knows that if they want or need help it is only a click away.The site is beneficial to all our ex pats as the site always keeps them in touch with their roots and also keep in touch with other members from the 4 corners of the world and go for the funding as it can only help in getting the BOOTLE TIMES site to get even bigger and better and GOOD LUCK.
n3ttl3

Hey Mack

Keep up the good work - get funding if you can, if not I'm sure a 'whip round' between us all could raise some dosh.

If you want photos - I've got loads of 'em waiting to be scanned in. It is as Henry said, keeping us all in touch with our roots.

All the best

Annete
annie

totally agree with you henry .it just needs more people answering the messages and helping when someone is looking for information, keep up the good work mack .your hard work is paying off bit by bit
Jan

:D :D :D

This website is brilliant Mack, you are doing an excellent job, without this website I would be lost, I have been researching Bootle's history for about two years, I have learned a great deal about the place.

You may know, but my main aim for researching the history was for the purpose of writing a book, this was to be about the houses in the area that are facing demolition, there is a lot of history in these houses, and a lot of it will be lost when these houses are gone!

I would love to be able to name a builder/contractor of these houses, but sadly, there don't seem to be any records anywhere :cry:

Unless someone out there has deeds to their house in the area I am stuck, but it doesn't stop me from continuing with my interest. I have collected a lot of material of various things related to Bootle, I will gladly pass them on, however small.

So keep going Mack.

Cheers :lol:

Jan
Mack
Site Admin

Thanks everyone for the feedback + a big thankyou to everyone who is contributing to the website here on our forum.

It's a fascinating project + I too am learning loads of new stuff about Bootle thanks to all your input.

I'll defo keep the site up + running indefinately with or without being able to acquire funding. The original funding to start this project paid for the domain name + webspace for 2 years so we have plenty of time still to continue with our website on a voluntary basis since the funding ran out last Christmas 2005.

Thanks again everyone + remember if you need any help we have some great geneologists here on our forum who are always willing to put in their own valuable time to help you out with your questions.

If the forum does go down occasionally please be patient + I'll get onto the hosting company to ensure it is back online as soon as possible, and don't worry as all the data here is backed up safely.

Happy posting and thanks again.

Mack
liverpool49

Mack
This is a great site for long lost Bootle lads the likes of me. The photos really pull the heart strings and replies from folks, EG. Jan, are helpful and courteous.
Thanks for everything.
Keep up the good work mate!!!!!!!!

VinceMcEwan
Glenys

Mack -
Fantastic site which covers old and new Bootle - I recommend it whenever I have the opportunity.
For example, even though I am only an amateur family historian, I was asked to talk to a group of ladies in Orrell Park recently, on how to go about researching their family history - I told them about the site and gave the address!
Another thing worth mentioning, is that everyone who posts on this site is polite and considerate which is a very big plus.............
I have got to mention people like Jan, who have a great deal of knowledge, and willing help us all.

:D :D :D
dj

hi Mack

I think this site is fantastic, everyone on here has been so good to me, and helped me alot.Even if they werent sure about something they told me sites to look at
please dont stop this site i would love to see more photos as you all no by now i am desparartly looking for a photo of edith porter nee nolan,
YOU DO AN AMAZING JOB ON THIS
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
I have ms so im unable to go trawling through parish records without this site i would be lots
dj
Sheila Graham
Location: Adelaide, South Australia. Formally Fernhill Road, Bootle

I haven't made to much of a contribution lately Mack...I am busy with physio & etc., to get back to work after an accident. I love this site and would hate to see it lost. We have wonderful people here with vast knowledge of Bootle. Keep up the good work. sheila.g
peter davenport

Hi Mack
Sorry for the slow response; trouble with my compter. My answer is a big YES, I love the site and it is the first thing I go to when I switch on. I think that it is well organised and very accessible. I believe that your prompt replies to requests for information and photographs is terrific. Please do keep it up and yes, I would support any reasonable funding initiative.

Regards from Petere D.
Jan

:D

Me again Mack,

There's still a lot of Bootle's history to be discovered yet, it is out there, it's just got to be found!

I was in the hairdresser's the other day, and there was a chap in there (unisex salon) waiting to get his hair cut, we got talking about the houses and he tells me that he owns his house (the next street to mine) and I asked if he has the deeds to his house, he said he does, so he is going to have a look at them and see if there is a name of a builder/contractor on them, Yippeee!! I may get to name this builder yet! He told me some fascinating things about his house, he said that when he was pulling up some floorboards in one of the rooms, he came across a box, it contained personal belongings, photo's and things that once belonged to a maid, she had obviously hidden them under the floorboards so her employers/other staff wouldn't find them! I wonder how long that box had been there?

I will have to keep going back to the hairdresser to see if he has passed any info on.

The houses on Queens Road are starting to take shape now too, so I will get some pics when they have grown a bit bigger.

:wink:

Jan
Mack
Site Admin

Hi Jan

That sounds fascinating. It's a time capsule. Let us know if you can find out more info about what was in the box.

Mack
Pamsy

My thanks to Sheila for introducing me to this site Mack and I love it already....if you charge a fee I will join....always love hearing about my old town I was born and partially raised in....
PAM KEEGAN BENICH
Keegan, Carruthers, Rigg, Copland, Lobb, Hough, Mee
born in Bootle
Mack
Site Admin

Hiya Pam

Great to see you enjoy our site. Don't worry we'll never be charging anyone to access it.

Best Wishes

Mack
Jan

:D

Hiya Pam,

Welcome to the site, I am sure you will find some very fascinating and interesting topics on here, don't forget to post any memories and other things you have about Bootle.

Jan
RonKing

I've been away from Bootle for 35 years and sometimes feel a bit nostalgic about the place. This site is fabulous, just like going back there for a few minutes every day. Please keep it going.
Mary_Ellen

The site is GREAT! Well done. :-)
sylvia

This site is great keep up the good work. Sylvia
vera

:lol:Hi Mack This site is so good. many thanks to you and the team
to all are members for the walks down memory lane.
for all the very interesting pics. ijust love my daily visit
to Bootle. the list of members is growing that speaks for its self,

Bringing people to-gether is wonderful just recently i put a
posting on the site After the war.
Would you believe it. i had an E mail from another member
Sylvia in California. we both lived in Wood Ave Bootle.
a long time ago.playing the same games as we all did
this is going back 60. years this is bizarre.
so thank you once again mack. cheers Vera in Queensland. :D
Sheila Graham
Location: Adelaide, South Australia. Formally Fernhill Road, Bootle

[quote="Pamsy"]My thanks to Sheila for introducing me to this site Mack and I love it already....if you charge a fee I will join
---------

I didn't see this before....My pleasure Pam, I figured you would like it here:-)) sheila.g
PS...I too would pay a fee if it was required...
red ron

Hello Mack, I was recently advised to look on this site by a very nice lady. She said it was good and she is right. It is brilliant. I was born, bred and blitzed in Bootle and I love it. I just wish that the local media would learn where our boundaries are. If a crime is commited in Kirkdale it is printed as being in Bootle, as in a recent case.
Keep up the very good work you are doing, Mack. Cheers R. Ron.
Mack
Site Admin

Hiya Red Ron

I know what you mean about the boundaries. I was taking pics around the Klondyke Estate recently for our Bootle website and the residents living there are still confused as to where the boundaries between Bootle and Litherland begin and end within the streets. Lots of people saying they live in Bootle, and also lots of people saying they live in Litherland.

A very confusing boundary situation...

Cheers Red Ron for raising that issue

Mack
Flo

Hello Mack as a very new member i would love to thank you for the site its truly great being in oz now its lovely thank you very much flo
tipster

This site is great, since i came on , i have talked with people who knew my grand parents, and my parents,The people are all friendly , and helpfull.
Other sites charge for this service, and i would not hesitate, to make a payment,,, its GREAT :D :D :D
TONY
ron waters

MACK If you need to charge a fee its fine by me my wife Anne only got our computer about a year ago and I did nt take much interest in it except
when my OLD MATE red ron sent me emails mainly to do with the buses.And I m realy made up when Ronnie told me about the site ,I cant
stop telling people about it ,yesterday I had to take Anne for a blood test
and I asked the nurse where she was brought up and told her and she was realy chuffed and told me she would be logging onto it .I just cant get over how nice it is to talk to people from all over the world about our old
town . I know I ve only been a member for a few weeks and at first found
it difficult logging on but thanks to your help MACK I got there in the end RON W
annie

no need to ask mack. its great and getting better and better with so many new members joining in
matt wethered

You are doing a wonderfull job Mack,The topics we all seem to come up with are very informative and I especially like the "two Ronnies"comedy hour!!I hope that next year when I get over to U.K.I might be able to put some faces to the letters
Paul

Mack the site is excellent, keep up the good work.

Regards Paul
margaret willee

a big thanks to you mac, when you live as far away as I do (denmark )it's great to see pictures and read about the old place ..... Keep it up . I found out from a girl I don't know in U.S.A ... If it takes cool hard cash I on ... Ahug from Maggiemae ... :D
have a great day .......
bootlejoy

been away for a couple of weeks, been sick, so I will ask me mam for a note :O))
Mack, and any other volunteers who run this site, you all do a wonderful job. I wish I had known about it sooner. Things I had forgotten about, members bring up and I think, oh yes, I remember that now.
And all the wonderful photo's, names that I remember that I cant put a face to, and so much more. Its the best thing since sliced bread, love it.
Joy
Joy, Berry St, Bootle, now Perth, West Australia
Margaret H

Mack wrote:What do you think about our Bootle History website ?

Be Honest !

I think it is great I have been reminded of so much of Bootle it really gives me a buzz being so far away I have learnt a lot about Bootle that I didnt know even though I was born there and lived there for my first 22 years. Keep up the good work Margaret Houghton
Mack
Last edited by Margaret H on Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
used to live in Hertford Rd went to Bootle Grammar School at Breeze Hill worked for British Rail in Liverpool Now live in Australia.
annie

if you have any queries or need information this is the place to come..someone always has the answer ..great site
Daveart

Hi Mack.
Bloody oath! It is a great site, it like we all sit around the table (or down at the pub) and have a good old chat, top stuff. Learning new stuff all the time.
Sheila and all the Aussie members will know the meaning of the opening words.
Dave.
Born and lived in Worcester Road, from 1944-1966.