Bedford Road School

Post your photo's and video memories about Bootle here...
Alan M

Photo of the infants in 59/60..I think!!! Teacher is Mrs Steel
Alan
The best thing about being over the hill is that now I can have some fun and free-wheel down the other side. LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL.
bluenose5

alan not a uniform in site,but a great pic.
Bitter Blue only when i talk to a Bitter red? Image
Bernie R

And, Alan, are you one of those fresh-faced little cherubs in the photo?

Bern
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
maureen howell

:lol:NAAAAAAA NOT HIM
maureen howell
fatboyjoe90

Hi Alan
Nice photo we could start a sweep to see which one is you. We can only pick the boys so I will go for the boy front row right with the black jumper on.
:) :) :)
Cheers Joe.
Gaynor Seddon

no, he's defo middle row, 4th from right.
Elaine Goulding

Hi Alan! I am sure I recognise some of the people in this photograph. Do the following names ring a bell? Frank Ralston Vivian Bell, Geoffrey Holmes, Valerie Williams, Joan Ellis, Angela Crotty, Elaine Butterworth, Pauline Wilson, Colin Mitchell. If they do, I may have been in your class, however I do not recognise the name3 Steel as the teacher. I do remember a Swain?
Elaine
Elaine

Bianca Street, Bootle - moved to Canada 1982
lily8

Elaine Goulding wrote:Hi Alan! I do remember a Swain?
Elaine
Hi Elaine was Alan your swain then????????
Lily
Elaine Goulding

Hi Lily!
The strange thing is I do not recognise`Alan!
Elaine

lily8

Has he identified himself yet Elaine?????
Lily
Elaine Goulding

Not yet Lily!!!!!
Elaine

lily8

Come on Al spill the beans mate :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lily
Eddy Lloyd

I reckon he's first from the left second row. :D :D
lily8

I think he's the little blondie next to him with his chest puffed out!!!!!
Lily
Eddy Lloyd

No Lily I meant the first person from the left. :D :D :D
lily8

OOh AAh you calling him a big girls blouse Eddy?????? :lol: :lol:

Still reckon he's the 3rd PERSON from the left 2nd row :shock:
Lily
Eddy Lloyd

:D :D :D
egyefc

[quote="Alan M"][img]http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii78 ... img020.jpg[/img]
Alan[/quote]

If this is the Alan M I remember his nickname was money bags he was 2 years below me at Bedford road and was in the same class as my late brother Graham also at the Grammar with Alan. You can ignore the little lad in the front row with the dickey bow as being Alan (my mother must of thought it would look good on the photo) it is amazing that the memory locks out names but the faces are so familiar. I think the blond haired lad in the middle row was Alan? Lawson the lad with the funny smile could well be Frank Ralston his sister Marion was in my class. I have a hard copy of this photo somewhere I will view at close quarter before I put my guess on which is Alan.

By The way great site
Brian Egerton (Wadham Road) (Bedford Road School)
Eddy Lloyd

Hi Brian, I recall a Graham Egerton at Bootle Grammar sorry to hear he has passed away. RIP.
Eddy
EdMcDonald

5th From right front row. Name is Alan Munro, I bet.
EdMcDonald

Alan M wrote:Image
Alan
Second row on the far right. In front of the teacher. That is my gorgeous sister in law June Shacklady. :wink:
Alan M

Alan
EdMcDonald wrote:5th From right front row. Name is Alan Munro, I bet.
Give that man a cigar!!! Well done,Ed. Seeing as you are in Canada, did a certain bubble-head submariner, with the initials Matt, give you a helping hand :lol: :lol:
Sorry about replying late...I forgot that I posted this pic :roll:
The best thing about being over the hill is that now I can have some fun and free-wheel down the other side. LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL.
Alan M

Elaine Goulding wrote:Hi Alan! I am sure I recognise some of the people in this photograph. Do the following names ring a bell? Frank Ralston Vivian Bell, Geoffrey Holmes, Valerie Williams, Joan Ellis, Angela Crotty, Elaine Butterworth, Pauline Wilson, Colin Mitchell. If they do, I may have been in your class, however I do not recognise the name3 Steel as the teacher. I do remember a Swain?
Elaine
Hi Elaine, the only name out of your list that I remember is Geoff Holmes, never heard of the others I'm afraid to say. My elder brother has a similar photo but it was taken in Quarry Bank, as for some reason he went there first, but I dont know why
Alan
Alan M

egyefc wrote:
Alan
If this is the Alan M I remember his nickname was money bags he was 2 years below me at Bedford road and was in the same class as my late brother Graham also at the Grammar with Alan. You can ignore the little lad in the front row with the dickey bow as being Alan (my mother must of thought it would look good on the photo) it is amazing that the memory locks out names but the faces are so familiar. I think the blond haired lad in the middle row was Alan? Lawson the lad with the funny smile could well be Frank Ralston his sister Marion was in my class. I have a hard copy of this photo somewhere I will view at close quarter before I put my guess on which is Alan.

By The way great site
Brian Egerton (Wadham Road) (Bedford Road School)
Hi Brian, the blonde haired lad, middle row 3rd left, is Eric Lawson, also from Downing Road,who also sadly passed away last year.June Shacklady lived next but one to us in Downing Road. 3rd right middle row is Mo Hardaker(sp) from Miranda Road. As we all look back at school photos it would be nice to see fellow kids from those days. Should try to sort out a reunion, as the only person I've ever met from those days is the girl sitting next to me on my right,Brenda Hughes, and that was years ago.

Alan
EdMcDonald

Alan M wrote:Alan
EdMcDonald wrote:5th From right front row. Name is Alan Munro, I bet.
Give that man a cigar!!! Well done,Ed. Seeing as you are in Canada, did a certain bubble-head submariner, with the initials Matt, give you a helping hand :lol: :lol:
Sorry about replying late...I forgot that I posted this pic :roll:
It was my wife who spotted you, along with her sister June.
Alan M

Ed, I saw that after I posted that you had mentioned June. I sent her a copy of this photo some time ago.
Cheers
Alan
matt wethered

Hey Alan,I would have never given it away,people were having too much fun,but you were a cute lttle boy were'nt you?.The Munro's Anderson's,Fergusons, Crosses, you all look alike except the girls are better looking :P :P .
Bubblehead.
egyefc

[quote="EdMcDonald"]5th From right front row. Name is Alan Munro, I bet.[/quote]

I agree with ED as my memory cleared I was about to put my money on this Then my e mail went AWOL
Brian
BootleNY

Hey Alan when did you go to Bedford Rd? Do you remember Mr Ingram?
Queens Rd Bootle Left England in 1966 to see America [always wanted to be a cowgirl] Ended up staying. I now live on Long Island New york
fazerman

Alan
This is the juniors, as Geoff Holme went to St Johns Infants before he started Beddy Rd juniors

F
Harry S

Hi Alan / all at Bootle Times,

This is my first posting (just joined), I am in the photo 1st right front row, I'm Harry Slocombe I don't know if you remember me but I always seemed to be in trouble with the teacher. Not sure on the year but I know I had Mrs Steele twice as a teacher, once in the 2nd year and again in the 4th year, but I think this looks like the 2nd year to me because I remember a few of my friends in the 4th year aren't in the photo.

I think after this picture was taken the class was re-organised by age and "A" "B" "C" stream.

I can put a few names to the photo, back row 1st left Elizabeth Jackson (she married my colleague in the fire service Peter Hitchmough) 5th left Ronnie McGonigle, middle row 7th left Ian Cannon (he ended up in the year below me along with several others), 8th left I think was Philip Phillips, 9th left was the adorable Mo Hardaker, she was (and hopefully still is) a lovely person, front row 1st left Dorothy Jenkins, 4th left Alison Orr (who I have met several times in the last few years), 9th left was Irene Brown who didn't stay in our school long, 10th left Barbara Mc Sporran and me. Some of the others you know already Brenda Hughes, Eric Lawson etc.
fazerman

Harry S wrote:Hi Alan / all at Bootle Times,

This is my first posting (just joined), I am in the photo 1st right front row, I'm Harry Slocombe I don't know if you remember me but I always seemed to be in trouble with the teacher. Not sure on the year but I know I had Mrs Steele twice as a teacher, once in the 2nd year and again in the 4th year, but I think this looks like the 2nd year to me because I remember a few of my friends in the 4th year aren't in the photo.

I think after this picture was taken the class was re-organised by age and "A" "B" "C" stream.

I can put a few names to the photo, back row 1st left Elizabeth Jackson (she married my colleague in the fire service Peter Hitchmough) 5th left Ronnie McGonigle, middle row 7th left Ian Cannon (he ended up in the year below me along with several others), 8th left I think was Philip Phillips, 9th left was the adorable Mo Hardaker, she was (and hopefully still is) a lovely person, front row 1st left Dorothy Jenkins, 4th left Alison Orr (who I have met several times in the last few years), 9th left was Irene Brown who didn't stay in our school long, 10th left Barbara Mc Sporran and me. Some of the others you know already Brenda Hughes, Eric Lawson etc.
A face on there that rings a bell is Peter Goodhall, i maybe wrong, its who you think is Philip Phillips
PETER CRAIG

Last edited by PETER CRAIG on Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iainmackie

Harry if you go to the following thread there's a further picture with you in as well.
Regards
Iain
http://www.bootlehistory.co.uk/forum/vi ... highlight=
Dan

Alan M wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:08 am

Alan