Aintree aerial photo

Post your photo's and video memories about Bootle here...
emma

This is a pic my brother took the day after the Grand National last month. I'm amazed at all the development that has gone on around the area over the years - looks nothing like the place I once knew. But the reason I am showing this is I want to know if that is the same chimney over on the left that Joyce was asking about in her photo or am I in the wrong area?
Last edited by emma on Tue May 12, 2009 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bootle Lad

Hi Emma
Brilliant photo
Ray
Arrived in New Zealand in 1964 to get away from the cold winters of the early 60's. Now residing in Pakuranga, Auckland.
daveowe

Emma

Correct that is the same chimney, there are industrial premises still in operation around the area once occupied by the Metal Box. Bottom left is the Bootle FC football pitch at Bucks Park.

Dave
Joycen60

Thanks Emma for a great picture- You can see the house I was brought up in. Things are a lot clearer now- and memories are flooding back. I think the Bootle- Liverpool boundary was probably the railway line. The small new estate next to the railway line used to be railway sidings and you can see the remains of the Metal box Park that was mentioned in my thread.

This is a photo (1992) of the row of shops at the top of Parkfield Ave.You can see them in the aerial view. Mabs was there when I was a girl + a grocers and a Cobblers.
Lived Olive grove- just in Bootle. Schools Netherton Moss A, Netherton Park and Bootle Girls Grammar
PETER CRAIG

Last edited by PETER CRAIG on Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joycen60

Emma,

I have put this photo on my computer as my background so that every time I put my computer on I can have a little reminisce. Hope you dont mind. I presume that is Kirkdale Cemetry bottom right hand corner. That is where all my close relations are buried.

Thank you again.
Lived Olive grove- just in Bootle. Schools Netherton Moss A, Netherton Park and Bootle Girls Grammar
marielou

Joyce, the grocery shop was owned by a family named Collins, the last time I was home it was a Sandwich Shop.

Emma, fantastic photo's.

Marie.
We lose dignity if we tolerate the intolerable.