1911 Derby park Garden party

Post your photo's and video memories about Bootle here...
BOBHAMO

the programme is for there daughter Annetta
just got this off ebay
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
Dan

Bob, I've edited and reposted the programme on the "Derby Park" thread started by Phil.

Only reason was, 2 weeks ago I posted a 1906 photo of Bootle MYC, which I guessed was the Bootle Model Yacht Club.

And what do you know? There they are in your programme competing against the Derby Park Model Yacht Club. :)

It's a brilliant memento you've got there.

The coronation of King George and Queen Mary took place two days later in Westminster Abbey.
BOBHAMO

Dan I get a lot of items off Ebay
Wonder who won the gold medal :) :)
Shows even hard times for families in bootle
There where still a. Elite group of people
Bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
Paul McCabe

Hi Bob..........What an incredible find...!!.......Oh to own Dr Who's "Tardis" & visit that gig in 1911.

Sadly we can only use our imagination.

So you really need to make strong coffee @ this point (if you've time) & enjoy "Bohemian Girl" @ the Bandstand 3pm ish; thus

Then enjoy "The Frys Pierrots Players" perform their various pieces & enjoy their finale of "Fall in & Follow me"...thus;

Then be entertained further from 5.30pm with "The Costers Wooing" by W Rimmer & more thus;

As if that's not enough, you can always wander off & roar your support at the Boating lake for the Yacht races....!!.......or take in the "Davis Cup" tennis atmosphere
as 'Bootle Union' slug it out versus 'Merton Union'.........& not a "Tie Break" in sight as they've not been invented yet...!!

I bet "The Stanley" (?). "The Blobber" & "The King Dicks" all on Litherland Rd & now all gone did a roaring trade that night too..!!

Cheers

P
Walsh

Bob & Dan,

Great memorabilia involving Derby Park, garden parties and the Lake.

As kids in the 60s, we excavated under the bridge on the tarmac roadway between the lakes. We organised patient, 6 hour shifts, armed only with a bucket, and shovels. At last, we were finished after one and a half days. Before we could explore the 'cave', the Parky came along, told us off big time and made us fill in our efforts! But great days, years after the lake had gone into disuse. Walshy.