Little moore street party

Post your photo's and video memories about Bootle here...
marknjen

Hi could anyone find the colour photo of a street party in little moore Street bootle please? You can see prior st at the very top and my nan gossiping on step hahaha! Thanks
Dan

Mark

The photo on the thread was posted by davybaby in 2010 using the ImageShack hosting site.

It is no longer available on ImageShack.

Its label was jubileen2.jpg posted by davyello.

There were 263 photos still registered to davyello on ImageShack, before the site went to subscription only in 2014.

I don't know if they are still accessible to members or if they've been removed.
Dan

This photo was posted on the facebook "Liverpool Then And Now" thread.

Below are the comments and a couple of replies from the thread on facebook.

The original poster didn't know the reason for the street party.

Author
Liverpool: Then and Now Well I've just been told on Twitter by the historian @liverpool1207... I would never have guessed the event but I'll leave it open for people to guess then put the answer up later... It wasn't a wedfing, this time Kathy but you're right it looks like it could have been!
Manage
1y
Liverpool: Then and Now

Author
Liverpool: Then and Now That's the one. 100 years since Bootle's incorporation as a municipal borough in 1868, apparently...
Manage
1y
Liverpool: Then and Now

Author
Liverpool: Then and Now I don't know if this part used to be called Little Moore St Helen but it's all just Moore St according to the map nowadays... That's Prior Street at the end if that helps place it, anyway...
Manage
1y
Reply.
Helen Meehan
Helen Meehan Liverpool: Then and Now Hello. I remember that end across from Knowsley Rd being called Little Moore Street. We were between Knowsley Road and Peel Road. Thanks
Manage
1y

Ian Kennedy
Ian Kennedy It's when neighbours new each other and got along. Look at it today. Says it all.
Manage
1y

John Ashley Foy
John Ashley Foy You wouldn't find neighbours mingling like this these days 😬 Lisa Sasha
Manage
1y

Debra D'Annunzio
Debra D'Annunzio I’ve looked at these pics and it’s really eerie but fascinating too
Manage
1y

Frederica Moretti-Cahill
Frederica Moretti-Cahill Queens Jubilee if I remember correctly.
Manage
1y
Reply.
Jackie Holmes
Jackie Holmes Frederica Moretti-Cahill That was 1977, everyone in photo is in 60s clothes.
Manage
1y

Helen Meehan
Helen Meehan We went to a street party for the centenary in 1969. Is it Little Moore St? The houses in Moore St didn’t go straight onto the street
Have coloured photos of us and of Nan meeting the mayor
Manage
1y · Edited

Angela Roberts-Grenier
Angela Roberts-Grenier i thought it was strange that I didn’t recognise anybody. Tony, Paul, Brian and Frederica we’re in the photos we’ve got. Oh and us three of course as well as Clare and Christine xx
Manage
1y · Edited

Tony Cahill
Tony Cahill had a quick look and couldn’t definetley see me unless I was the one in the hooped tee shirt!
Manage
1y

Angela Roberts-Grenier
Angela Roberts-Grenier I remember making the tissue paper roses at my Nan’s house. She lived in number 28 and my cousins lived in 16 Moore street. We lived in 29 Moore street until 1965. If any of those house numbers are wrong, I’m sure my siblings Ed and Helen will correct me!
Manage
1y

Sue Stephenson
Sue Stephenson Bootle Centenary as a Borough
Manage
1y
marknjen

That's the photo! Thanks very much for finding it Dan, really appreciate your work! Thank you