Hooper's Virginia St.

Post your photo's and video memories about Bootle here...
glynth

Hello, I am a grandson of the Hooper's of Virginia St. It was a shop/chandlery that was torn down before I was born. I would be immensely grateful if anyone had any photos of that shop as it is a part of my family history which other than word of mouth there is no record of for us.
BOBHAMO

Welcome glynth :D :D :D :D
Henry Ivor Hooper 45 Virginia st
the shop is on the end marked on the photo
1962 is the last entry for the shop
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
miv donelan

Hello Glyth, I remember your grandparents shop well, I used to spend my pocket money there, the princely sum of 3d a week. Their son, perhaps this is your father, was in the same class as me at St Mary's, Irlam road. There are a couple of class photos on the forum with Kenneth? on if you haven't seen them already. I hope someone has a picture of the shop for you, although if our brilliant gurus can't find one, then I'd say none exist.
glynth

Thankyou very much this is most helpful. My fathers name is Kenneth, no I have not seen those photo's yet....should be worth a giggle :lol: :lol:
miv donelan

Hi Glynth, I've just looked up the school photos that I mentioned in my previous post. The one that includes your father was posted August 2015. Although in black and white it's a good clear image. I think it was posted on the forum by Bob B. I hope you can find it.
glynth

You couldn't post a web page could you....I've had a look at some and that were either no longer available or I'm just looking in the wrong area :(
miv donelan

I've got the photo on my iPad, I've got as far as downloading it to images, but when I try to post it on to the forum it's coming up saying locked. I'll keep trying.
glynth

Thankyou for trying I can honestly say that would be the youngest photos I'd seen of him... :oops: lets hope I recognise him. :)