Craven's shop St Johns Road Bootle

Post your photo's and video memories about Bootle here...
nicenanny1

Does anyone remember queuing on a Saturday for the lovely pies, sausage rolls and cakes made in Craven's shop,
Sonoma

Mary Craven and her sister Anne Daley operated the shop and were my cousins. They also made the food for their brother Eddie's catering business (Summers Catering) who specialized on "Hot Pot Suppers" at various parish halls around the area also catered many a wedding breakfast and buffet
I loved their scouse pies

Mary and Anne grew up at 58 St John's Rd. There were 9 girls and 2 boys in the family, sadly only 3 left
sal

Hi Somona, we had Eddie Sumner as the caterers for our wedding in February 1959. Only last week I found the complimentary card he gave with the pricing on.
( 7/6 pence ) a head. They did us proud but at the price in those day, my parents
kept the guests to the minimum. They left us a large plate of sandwiches for the evening crowd. The Aintree pub loaned us glasses and allowed Beer as Sale or Return. The live band was Bernard Norris group from Formby. MY parents did their best.
Brilliant Night.
Just celebrated 61 years. Cheers Sal.
Sonoma

Hi Sal

Eddie was a Craven also. Our uncle Mick Summers technically owned the business. Mick also owned the sweet shop across from St Alexanders Church and another on the corner of Brasenose Rd and Bedford Place
61 years is a wonderful achievement. I think Eddie knew every priest in the entire Liverpool area from all of the "do's" and weddings he catered