The Strand 1994 (Video)

Post your photo's and video memories about Bootle here...
Bernie R

Someone just posted this link on Facebook.

Stirs memories of a bygone Strand before the it was over-ran with charity shops and pyjama clad shoppers...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Sy69YR ... e=youtu.be
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Mack
Site Admin

Hi Bernie,

My old mate Phil filmed that and the guy holding the camera in one of the scenes is my other mate George McKane 'Yellow House' Arts and Theatre group.

It was filmed as part of an arts project we were doing at the time.

Good stuff :)

Mack
Bonesy

It is so busy !!! Not like these days it's like a ghost town downstairs now, such a shame.
Be interesting to do a now video.

Keith
fatboyjoe90

Thanks for posting that Bernie, a lot of those shops are long gone. I only go there once a year to see the optician. :(
Cheers Joe.
Ian mc

Anyone have another link? This videos private 😕
Mack
Site Admin

Hiya Ian,

Phil Courtney the guy who made the video sadly passed away, so I'm assuming his family made his Youtube account private.

There is an earlier one though from 1988. The journey goes from Worcester Road in Bootle to the Bootle New Strand and shows how it looked back then in 1988 (6 years earlier before 1994).

It's the same crew I was part of back in the day. All the Bootle Strand stuff is there from about halfway through the video.

Check out the old streets, people, buildings and cars on the road back then during the journey to get to the Bootle New Strand 1988.

Mack :wink:

Ian mc

Mate thank you so much, this video is amazing!