Old Bootle Schools

Post your photo's and video memories about Bootle here...
Scouseman

Looking for copies of old Bootle school photographs:

Need the following if anyone has such pictures:

1 Bootle County Secondary School, Quarry Road c 1959 -1963 - photo taken from Breeze Hill direction looking across towards old mizzen type classrooms with main school building behind.

2 Bootle Municipal Technical College, Balliol Road, c 1963-1965 - Old buildings next to the old swimming baths on Balliol Road. College entrance on Balliol Road.

Grateful for copy of any photos to Rod.Seville@hai-ltd.com

thanks
Rod
R Seville
BOBHAMO

bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
Scouseman

Bob, many thanks - just as I remember it all those years ago - enjoyed my time there, especially the engineering workshops at the back and it was just around the corner from where I lived in St Alban's Road, the houses of which were all knocked down. Very sad.

thanks again
Rod
R Seville
efc46

We could never afford school photo,s I was in solly road /Gray st and St.Georges 1951-1961 as I have lived in Brisbane since 1967 I would not know where to start to get old school Photo,s/Davey
Davey Rowlands Bootle
billygooner

hi scouseman, I to spent 2years in the engineering dept., happy days. regards billy.
IRENE H

HI Scouseman, if you look on face book under Merseyside school days pamela keegan has a site with loads of photo,s on every school in Merseyside, she is also a member on this site

Pamela Keegan Benich is her name
IRENE X
Your never fully dressed without a smile
Scouseman

Thanks to all who replied to my request for photos. Sad to see what has happened to Bootle since those days in the 60's & now I see they are trying to sell off parts of Daniel House as flats - so much for the big Government scheme to relocate London offices to the north - they destroyed good neighbourhoods to build those massive offices.
R Seville
Pkegs

Pamsy (Joined: 21 Jul 2006)

Keegan, Hayward, Rigg, Carruthers, Mee, Hough

Born and bred in Bootle
everliver

Science Lab was at the end by the Baths Mr. Beverrow was the Tutor for us.

Regards Bobby
Roy Deegan

Is Pkegs any relation to Jimmy & Rosie Keegan? Always remember uncle Jimmies horses during the carnivals.
bjones

Roy Deegan wrote:Is Pkegs any relation to Jimmy & Rosie Keegan? Always remember uncle Jimmies horses during the carnivals.
Is it Jimmy and Rose Keegan or KEGGIN you mean Roy? Going by your surname (Deegan) I think it's the later. You'll find you cousin Jimmy's wife Shelagh is a regular poster on this site.
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
Shelagh

Roy, have messaged you, re family history :)