Metropole poster - 1931

Post your photo's and video memories about Bootle here...
nicolas

Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Anyone remember the spotlight just before the beginning of the show. If the spot stopped on you were a winner. I fondly remember my dad asking me to sit up straight any maybe encourage the spotlight operator?

Metropole....wonderful memories.

A highlight was the midget wrestling and am I right in remembering Sonny Ross as one of the combatants.???
Shelagh

What a wonderful memory of the Metropole Theatre.
Ernie you are the first person I know of, who has actually been inside the theatre,, amazing you can even remember the acts who were on at the time.. always wondered what the theatre was like inside, a good description given by arthurlloyd.co.uk, but better still, when you've had the actual experience of being there!!
Just a little add on: mother-in-law was passing the theatre, May 1941 when sirens going off, air raid wardens in doorway of theatre were shouting for her and friend to shelter in there.. they refused and made a run for it down Marsh Lane in the pitch black.. (No lights anywhere)
bombs going off everywhere.. they got home safely but next day learned of the terrible fate of all those people sheltering in the Metropole!!
Shelagh K!