bootle police video 50s/60s

Post your photo's and video memories about Bootle here...
bernie johno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yup8qKg6pnk
not sure if this is already on here :D :D :wink:
hood st ,norton st, spenser st ,
marknjen

Thanks Bernie cracking little video that :wink:
BOBHAMO

great vid Bernie :D :D :D
some stills
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
Shelagh

Great photos of Bootle police, good memories, police patrolling on bikes, unlike today, all rushing about, whizzing past in cars..
Seemed so much safer on the streets in those day's (or is that just me getting old) :?
Shelagh K.
Maureeng

Enjoyed the video Bernie, thank you, I remember the bobby on the beat, always felt safe when out and about, long gone days. :)
Elaine Goulding

Really enjoyed the video Bernie. It was lovely to see the photograph of Ronnie and Francis Ross who were great friends of my parents. I know Francis passed away many years ago, does anyone know if Ronnie is still alive. He left the police force and ran a pub for some time. I think it was called the Blundell Sands, although I could be mistaken as it was a long time ago. Ronnie re-married a young lady by the name of Hazel and they lived in Formby. It has been many, many years since I have been in touch with him. If anyone has any information I would be grateful.
Elaine
Elaine

Bianca Street, Bootle - moved to Canada 1982
EdMcDonald

I'm sure some of those policemen have got me to thank for all the overtime I got them. :shock: Or is that gave them.
Waiting for the spelling police to correct me. :wink:
Home of the "Edmonton Oilers" Future Stanley Cup Champions. :D
A long way from Duncan B.C. :wink:
Rossibb

Elaine Goulding wrote:Really enjoyed the video Bernie. It was lovely to see the photograph of Ronnie and Francis Ross who were great friends of my parents. I know Francis passed away many years ago, does anyone know if Ronnie is still alive. He left the police force and ran a pub for some time. I think it was called the Blundell Sands, although I could be mistaken as it was a long time ago. Ronnie re-married a young lady by the name of Hazel and they lived in Formby. It has been many, many years since I have been in touch with him. If anyone has any information I would be grateful.
Elaine
Hi Elaine Mum would have been 90 yesterday Dad is 90 on Maundy Thursday we lost Ronnie Jnr in 2000 were your Mum & Dad Lil & Richie by any chance - Maureen Ross

Rossibb

bernie johno wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yup8qKg6pnk
not sure if this is already on here :D :D :wink:
Thank you Bernie it was lovely seeing my Mum & Dad especially as Mum would have been 90 yesterday & Dad is 90 in 4 weeks it is also Dad with is cycle, George Winrow still exchanges Christmas Cards with Dad
Rossibb

Elaine Goulding wrote:Really enjoyed the video Bernie. It was lovely to see the photograph of Ronnie and Francis Ross who were great friends of my parents. I know Francis passed away many years ago, does anyone know if Ronnie is still alive. He left the police force and ran a pub for some time. I think it was called the Blundell Sands, although I could be mistaken as it was a long time ago. Ronnie re-married a young lady by the name of Hazel and they lived in Formby. It has been many, many years since I have been in touch with him. If anyone has any information I would be grateful.
Elaine
Rossibb

Elaine
Dad will be 90 on 29th March Mum would have been 90 on 1st we lost Ronnie Jnr in 2000 aged 40. Is Goulding your maiden name who were your parents ? - Maureen Ross
Invicta

Do the still have the license plate EM 1. ? That would be worth a few bob these days :wink: K
lynne99

That number was on the Mayor'scar, wasn't it?
Invicta

Yes Lynne but is it still around ? Ken
filsgreen

It's on a Rolls Royce silver Seraph, Ken.