St Winefride's, Derby Rd, 1917

Post your photo's and video memories about Bootle here...
nicolas

henry

1st year of the infants school at the back of the church and I remember being in church and getting my first ashes and also a little irish shamrock on st.Patrick's day and looking down onto the congregation below in the church and acting as church mouse in the Xmas play in the school and also remember a sweet shop on the other corner of chapel street and getting a orange drink out of a big bottle that was on the counter and one not sure but I think it was fantas
HENRY BORN FLORIDA STREET OFF STRAND ROAD
maureen howell

HI Henry
I have all the same memories as you.The shop on the opposite corner with the bottles on the counter sold Vantasses for 1d a bottle .God knows what health and safety would make of this now.I remember the owner as being a big jolly man.Do you remember Canon Blanchard?
Take Care
Maureen
maureen howell
Ar Kid

I used to pump the organ upstairs at the back of the church as a lad. I remember Canon Blanchard but was he not a Monseigneur?
Liz H

We lived in Monnies' parish, but it was quite a walk there on a Sunday. My auntie Sally used to take me to church at St Winnies. I loved it. All those steps!
Lived in Garden Lane Bootle then moved to Netherton, where my mum still lives.