How to post photos on our Bootle forum...OK folks here is a quick updated guide how to post pics on our Bootle Forum.
How to post a photo on our Bootle site... Below are instruction for uploading pics using TINY PIC
, and POST IMAGE
Please read instructions below... NEW INSTRUCTIONS for TINY PIC, and POST IMAGE 2015
If you are using photographs sourced from another website related to Bootle photography from the past it is good etiquette to acknowledge the original source in the post.
________________________________METHOD 1 - TINY PIC ... updated April 2015...
Using TINY PIC
to upload your pictures to our Bootle Forum quickly.
Visit the website below...
Click "Choose File"
You can resize the pic on the upload page
Then click upload now.
Copy the code from "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards" into your message when you post here.
________________________________How to add a picture to your avatar/profile - Updated April 2015
When adding a picture to your profile it is important that you use a small image.
For instance look at my avatar below...
1. Find the picture you want as your avatar and click on the "Browse"tab.
We actually want to resize the pic so click on the drop down menu and select "100 x 75 (avatar).
3. Click "Upload" at the bottom and wait as the program converts the size and uploads your pic.
4. Once the program has done its magic you will then see a new window open with linking codes. The one to use for the resized avatar is
"Direct Link for Layouts". nb:direct links always begin with "http". You also use "Direct Links" if you are using any other photo hosting website service.
5. Left click and copy the text in the box showing the link. We now have the link to the avatar pic you wish to add saved on the clipboard and now want to add this to the Avatar next to your posts on our Bootle site.
6. Make sure you are logged into your account on our Bootle site and click on "User Control Panel" top left.
7. You will then see a drop down box box called "Overview".
8. Click on it and scroll down to "Profile".
9. you will now see a drop down box called "Edit profile"
10. Click on it and scroll down to "Edit avatar".
11. On this page it will say "Link to off-site Avatar: Here you enter the URL of the location containing the Avatar image you wish to link to".
12. Now click "Paste" into the box next to it and then click "submit". Your new avatar will now be displayed next to every post you make, including all your older posts too.
13. If you ever want to change your Avatar pic at any point in the future follow the instructions above and copy the new "Direct Link" code into the same box at the bottom and remember to click "submit".
14. NB: Remember you need to be logged into your account on our Bootle History website to access your "Profile" to make any changes to it.
________________________________YOUR AVATAR - NEW option added April 2015How to add a pic to your "Profile" NEW... NB: You need to be logged in to your account on our Bootle Forum.
1. Click on "User Control Panel" top left of the forum "There may be a delay so please wait until it displays".
2. Click on "Overview"
3. In the drop down menu click on "Profile"
4. Next to "Profile you will now see "Edit Profile"
5. In the drop down menu you will see "Edit Avatar"
6. In this section you can now upload your "Avatar" directly from your computer to your profile Upload from your machine: (new feature)
7. Click on the "Browse" button to navigate to the photo you wish to upload and display as your "Profile" pic.
8. The maximum size "dimensions" are 110 pixels x 110 pixels.
9. If the photo is too big or small you will not be able to upload it.
10. you will need to resize it using photo editing software on your computer.
11. When you have the correct sizes for your "Avatar" you can now click "Submit" to update your "Profile".
12. Please wait while the photo uploads (may take a few moments).
________________________________How to post photos on our Bootle Forum
Another way to upload...
Updated January 2017...
Just found another site that allows you to upload photos from your computer.
This has actually been around for a very long time and I was totally unaware of it.The website is Postimage http://postimage.org
It's very similar to Tinypic http://tinypic.com/
All the instructions nearly remain the same as Tinypic
The only difference with using Post Image
is that you use the Hotlink for Forums (1)
Copy it to your clipboard and post it here in your message.
For your avatar link with this site use the "Direct Link" code to copy here on our Bootle site.
Hope this helps
_____________________________ IMPORTANT INFO IF YOU ARE STILL USING INTERNET EXPLORER
One thing I've noticed if you are still using Internet Explorer as opposed to Microsoft's latest Edge browser with SSL enabled to visit our Bootle forum that is that there is an annoying message that pops up in a yellow box bottom of the web browser displaying the following message...Only secure content is displayed - What's the risk - with a box saying 'Show all content'.
The fix for this old browser issue is as follows...Turn off "only secure content is displayed"
To do this click on the cog icon top right of Internet Explorer
Then click on Internet options...
A pop up box will appear on screen.
Click on the tab 'Security'
Custom level>>>Scroll down to: Display mixed content>>>Enable>>>OK
The yellow pop up box should now stop appearing bottom of each page when visiting a different page.
It's annoying I know to have to do this if you are still using IE but it's a old web browser that has not been updated for ages however many people still use it using Windows 7. This fix should work though if you are still using it.
Hope this helps if anyone is having issues with Internet Explorer.
I've added a video link which displays how to do this...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVPdO4dlnTU
Hope this helps