Laburnum Hotel Pensioners party year ??

Post your photo's and video memories about Bootle here...
vickinca

Found this newspaper clipping in some old photos year taken not sure maybe 1970's sent to my step-dad Ray Gilliland from his dad do not know his first name he is the guy with the X on him in the photo. Thought someone on here might know someone else in the picture if so let us know who they are and if you know the year that would be great! hope you enjoy.
smile it makes people wonder what you have been up to!
billygooner

hi vickinca. his name was tommy and that is my mother whoe,s face is half covered in the front row, tommy was my fathers best mate and i can only assume my father was taking the photo.dont know the year.they where both heavely involved with a charity for dogs for the blind . the pub recieved about five dog statues for a contrabution of £1,000.00 for each dog.i lost my mum in 1992 and my dad in 1995. regards billy.ps i know 3 or 4 of the others but not by name.
Dan

vickinca wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:38 pm
Found this newspaper clipping in some old photos year taken not sure maybe 1970's.

Sent to my step-dad Ray Gilliland from his dad do not know his first name he is the guy with the X on him in the photo.

Thought someone on here might know someone else in the picture if so let us know who they are and if you know the year that would be great!

hope you enjoy.

fatboyjoe90

Phil Parker the manger I think that’s his wife next to him, next is Jimmy he was the barman. The three of them also worked at the Gas Works club, the other side of Marsh Lane towards Linacre Lane.
Cheers Joe.
fatboyjoe90

Known locally as the Blobber.
Cheers Joe.
fatboyjoe90

It beats me why people ask for info, they don’t have the good manners to reply.
Cheers Joe.
Gardner 180

I fully agree with you Joe, It only takes a minute to say " Thank You ".
Cheers, Ray.
Dobbsyboy

Why was it called the Blobber? Anyone know?
what you looking at eh La?