Christ Church School c1956/57

Post your photo's and video memories about Bootle here...
Vivian

Hi, am hoping people might see this and know the names of the kids on the photo and the teacher. I am on the second row from the back, third in (Vivian Bromby) - I can remember some surnames but not many :? memory has never been that good anyway. :roll: Sorry the picture is so large but have been trying to do this for days and its finally worked :)
Park Street born and bred, Christ Church, Eden Vale, Balliol Sec Mod and Bootle Tech.
Vivian

See even forgot to say I am third from the right hand side!
Park Street born and bred, Christ Church, Eden Vale, Balliol Sec Mod and Bootle Tech.
jeand

Hi Vivian, I was in the same year as you but in a different class. I recognise in your photo Ann Hall, May Southward, Valerie McCouid and Alan Jones. I was a friend of Ann and May from starting school and also Valerie later at senior school.
Bootle born and bred, ex Bootle Grammar School and Bootle Tech. Still living in Bootle.
Davest

The lad on back row 5th from left is my Brother In Law Robert Hopwood
Vivian

Hi Davest, yes I remember the name Hopwood think they lived in Spring Grove and their house could have been back to back with ours No 81 Park Street. How is he doing?
Davest

Hi Vivian My brother in law George Hopwood has asked me to ask you is George Bromby (who was head prefect at Balliol) any relation George remembers him well. The Hopwoods lived in Oak Street, you may be thinking of the Deans or Brindells who both lived in Park Street and where his aunties & uncles. Robert is fine, he has 2 sons & 2 grandchildren
Eddy Lloyd

Touched it up a bit Vivian.

Vivian

Thanks for touching up the picture Eddy.
Vivian

Hi Davest, after posting rememberd that I was probably thinking of the Stewarts/Stuarts who were in Spring Grove. George Bromby was my cousin, he had a brother Frankie and his mother was Aunty Mable who was married to my dad's brother, didn't know he was head boy though! Am in touch with Jenny Brindle who lives in the States now but had forgotten they were related.
bob. b

Thirty nine children in that class that's a lot in a class and some may be off sick ??????
PeterR

bob. b wrote:Thirty nine children in that class that's a lot in a class and some may be off sick ??????
Thats right 39 Children and I bet after they all finished school after their first week they could all read and write, We had 60 in our class and the teacher knew every move WE were making even with Her back to us as She would be writing on the blackboard-By the time we were aged five and a half we could all read and write .
PeterR
Born in Spenser Street
rupert the dog

Vivian wrote:Image

Hi, am hoping people might see this and know the names of the kids on the photo and the teacher. I am on the second row from the back, third in (Vivian Bromby) - I can remember some surnames but not many :? memory has never been that good anyway. :roll: Sorry the picture is so large but have been trying to do this for days and its finally worked :)
That's me, right there! Right next to the teacher on the back row - Mr Campbell if I remember right. So many familiar faces.
Dan

Vivian wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:42 pm

Hi, am hoping people might see this and know the names of the kids on the photo and the teacher.

I am on the second row from the back, third in (Vivian Bromby)

I can remember some surnames but not many :? memory has never been that good

anyway. :roll: Sorry the picture is so large but have been trying to do this for days and its finally worked :)
lynne99

I was there then. I cannot remember the teacher, so I must have been in a different class.