WORCESTER ROAD

Post your photo's and video memories about Bootle here...
BOBHAMO

bootle born altcar road
1maggiemay2

Thank you Bob, the pics are fantastic...I lived 5 doors up to the right from the Park gates, and Saint Monica's Church at the back where I got married still looks great!
Peggy.
Eddie

Superb pictures Mr Bailey.......ops sorry I mean Bob, we sure do have some talented photographers in this forum :) :) :)
If a Evertonian say's it he's a bitter blue, if a red $hite say's it its only banter.......

Eddie Williams
oriel55

Happy memories of a wonderful childhood and great happy people.
bambi

Great pictures,used to have a friend who lived there,her name was Monica Le Surf,..Anyone know her......Regards Bambi...
keep youre hat on,slap on the sun cream...you know it makes sense......
margaret willee

thanks . my gran lived the last block before the park .. M
have a great day .......
Johanna

bambi wrote:Great pictures,used to have a friend who lived there,her name was Monica Le Surf,..Anyone know her......Regards Bambi...
We lived in Worcester Road and we lived next door but one to Monica, she had a son called David... my older sister Marion would probably remember her more.
bambi

Hi Johanna,remember Worcester Road very well.Would love to know were Monica is these days..Regards Bambi....
keep youre hat on,slap on the sun cream...you know it makes sense......
graham

Good photographs. The one of the shop named Blues, was that the newspaper shop run by the parents of Jimmy Payne the Liverpool soccer player. The other photograph that intrigues me is the cars etc parked on the sidewalk, do the police turn a blind eye to that?
ken

I'm almost certain it was Payne's AND I think there was a Sunday School on top - I was sent there a few times but then sagged it and went to Derby Park instead.

Ken
Roberts, Allison are the Bootle names I'm interested in.

Thorp(e), Ballard, Parry, Lucas, Dodd, Jacobson, are Liverpool ancestors.
paton

Hi, It was Paynes paper shop, old mrs .Payne was a right misery, and there was a sunday school above, then it became the provident, not sure whats up there now, as for the parking on the pavement, as long as the pavement does'nt get to damaged they do not bother anyone, as there are that many cars, no one has anywhere to park.

Rodney.
Rodney
Born in Gloucester Road,
Daveart

Great pics Bob, I lived roughly between Waterworks St and Park St. fond memories, spent may hours as a kid in the park. Yes the paper shop was were my granddad picked up all his papers, all the Sunday papers (for the pools) and the 4 comics he had been getting for years for Pete, but never stopped when he grew up, I guess he stayed young.(':D')
Born and lived in Worcester Road, from 1944-1966.
paul1965

yes definately paynes shop i was born and bred around the corner in middlesex rd..if i remember rightly mrs payne was in a wheelchair..or it may have been a relation of hers
nicola jackson

fab pics can actually see the house I was brought up in for the first 9 years of my life 1970-1979. we were the Jackson family Maureen and Jack and 5 girls me and my 4 older sisters. Happy memories of our time here, loved the park xx
Daveart

Thanks Bob, wow what great pics, brings back a lot of memories seeing them.
Many thanks again.
Dave.
Born and lived in Worcester Road, from 1944-1966.