Some old berry street photos

Post your photo's and video memories about Bootle here...
annie webster

christo
do you have a sister cathy
Chriso

Yes Annie Kathy is my youngest sister. She is now living in NZ with her husband and 3 children. Richie.
Emly Street, Anderson Avenue now Edinburgh
annie webster

i went to school with cathy the gussies i knew she moved to nz caught her in the strand years ago but she didnt have any kids then i dont think
bernie johno

Sonoma wrote:"Bootlejoy"
I was born on St Johnnie just under the tunnel from Berry St
Did you know the Bond family - George, Phillip and Patsy ?
I went to school with George and my sisters with Patsy.
We used to play footie and cricket on the waste ground across from Mick Ealey's pub
I remember Mr Keane's shop a little further up. There was old Mr Keane who sold out to a slightly younger couple also called Keane but no relation I think. I remember I bought my 1966 FA Cup Final ticket from somebody he knew and I picked it up in the shop. 7 pounds 10 for a ten bob ticket. However the blues won so money well spent

there is a phill bond drinks in yatses might be the same one as far as i know he worked on the tugs all his life. :D :D :wink:
hood st ,norton st, spenser st ,
NIKO

bernie johno wrote:
We used to play footie and cricket on the waste ground across from Mick Ealey's pub
I remember Mr Keane's shop a little further up. There was old Mr Keane who sold out to a slightly younger couple also called Keane but no relation I think. I remember I bought my 1966 FA Cup Final ticket from somebody he knew and I picked it up in the shop. 7 pounds 10 for a ten bob ticket. However the blues won so money well spent

there is a phill bond drinks in yatses might be the same one as far as i know he worked on the tugs all his life. :D :D :wink:
It is the same Phil Bond,Bernie.
BEN....
davybaby

Ebay Item.
Sonoma

Where are all the men ? I counted one
lily8

Maybe all at work or down at the pub :lol:
Lily
darrenadam

bernie johno wrote:

Dan

Berry Street on the Insurance Plan of the City of Liverpool drawn 1880-1890 by Charles E. Goad.
Regards
Dan
Maureeng

Does anyone remember Linda Rice who lived on Berry St near the underpass that took you to Oriel Road, she went to Balliol Road school, also, does anyone remember David Tyrrell who lived in a short side street by the pub near to Balliol Road end of Berry Street, he also went to Balliol Road school. :) :)
bootlejoy

I remember the Tyrells Maureen, they had relatives who lived a couple of doors down from me in Berry St. I think it was Bridge St they lived in, opposite the pub. The Bond family lived next door to us. I saw george and his wife in a cafe in town many years ago when I was home but I was on my own and I didn’t like to go talk to him. I always regretted that. Not heard anything about Linda.
Joy, Berry St, Bootle, now Perth, West Australia
Maureeng

[quote="bootlejoy"]I remember the Tyrells Maureen, they had relatives who lived a couple of doors down from me in Berry St. I think it was Bridge St they lived in, opposite the pub. The Bond family lived next door to us. I saw george and his wife in a cafe in town many years ago when I was home but I was on my own and I didn’t like to go talk to him. I always regretted that. Not heard anything about Linda.[/quote]
Hi Joy, yes they did live opposite the pub, it was David I was thinking of , he's the one I know, havn't heard anything about him for years, just wondering if he was ok, :)
darrenadam

I was told Phillip bond died a few months ago and i saw an old neighbour
of his and she confirmed it that phill had died
Charles Jones

My grandparents lived at 126 Berry Street in 1901. Does anyone know what sort of house this would have been. My grandfather was listed in the census that year as 'hydraulic' engineer. Other documents list him as engine driver or stationary engineman (this last being most likely. Was there a railway workshop nearby in living memory?
BOBHAMO

Thomas Jones house 126 berry st was 12 houses from merton road
the pub on the end Railway Merton my local for years :D :D
trying to count back on the right hand side might be just before the bombed site
oriel road station is at the back of the houses
so many firms local stationary engine driver could be woodyard , iron works, steam engine driver
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road