Peter O'Brien & St James Boxers

Post your photo's and video memories about Bootle here...
gingerleo

Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:13 am

Here's a few photo's of my Grandafther Peter O'Brien when boxing as a kid with St James Bootle. The group photo was taken in 1926 and includes. W.Hickey, Rutherford, C.Hickey, Father Murphy, J.Dawe, Jones, Shearon, Robinson, Mannion, Coyle (Trainer) W.Jones, Gosling, Peter O'Brien, Fearon, Kehoe, T.Doyle, williams, Johnson, J.Mcdowell, Tyson, P.McDowell, J.Shearon, Tumulty, T.Dawe, J.Shearon.

The other is of two Jockeys boxing in St James in 1927, my great Grandfather Mick O'Brien is on the left (with the towel on his shoulder)

Other photo is of My Grandfather Peter O'Brien with his trainer and in later life with his Ma Alice in Benno's

Lee O'BrienImage[/img]ImageImageImage
Last edited by gingerleo on Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rockanrollagain

Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:39 am

Welcome to the site gingerleo

Your photo's haven't shown up...can't wait to see them. Hope you have some fun here with the gang.
gingerleo

Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:42 pm

I've attempted them now Paula....bit big though! still, they will keep the kids away from the fire! I have plenty of old photos of the family but none of Bootle streets etc. (Loads of mums lot from seaforth though) Will post others that I find that are Bootle related....in a smaller size!

Lee
rockanrollagain

Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:57 am

Lee these pictures are fantastic, looking forward to some more :D
maureen howell

Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:14 pm

:) :) That's my uncle Mick Gosling 3r'd from left in the middle row.He went on to assist the St James boxing club.
maureen howell
maisie & alec

Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:33 pm

Jem McDowell is my Gt Uncle. Which one is he on the photo ????

Would it be possible to have a copy please
Thank you
Teresa :D
Dan

Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:52 pm

gingerleo wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:13 am
Here's a few photo's of my Grandafther Peter O'Brien when boxing as a kid with St James Bootle. The group photo was taken in 1926 and includes. W.Hickey, Rutherford, C.Hickey, Father Murphy, J.Dawe, Jones, Shearon, Robinson, Mannion, Coyle (Trainer) W.Jones, Gosling, Peter O'Brien, Fearon, Kehoe, T.Doyle, williams, Johnson, J.Mcdowell, Tyson, P.McDowell, J.Shearon, Tumulty, T.Dawe, J.Shearon.

The other is of two Jockeys boxing in St James in 1927, my great Grandfather Mick O'Brien is on the left (with the towel on his shoulder)

Other photo is of My Grandfather Peter O'Brien with his trainer and in later life with his Ma Alice in Benno's

Photobucket site logo removed.