The Atkinson Welcomes A Legend Of British Music

Post here about news - events - jobs
fatboyjoe90

The Atkinson Welcomes A Legend Of British Music
Posted 17 November 2014
On Saturday 29 November The Atkinson in Southport welcomes a true legend and icon of British Music Kiki Dee to the stage.
Blessed with one of the most versatile and charismatic voices of her generation, her career has spanned a staggering 51 years and she still remains a singer at the peak of her artistic and vocal abilities.

Performing alongside Kiki is her guitarist and musical partner of 18 years, Carmelo Luggeri. Their unique and special musical connection has created a spellbinding partnership and magical live concert act which is incredibly emotive and yet full of humour and warmth. Kiki’s rapport with the audience is one of mutual respect which sees an artist who is immersed in song and all its emotion.
Carmelo’s reputation as a guitarist is unsurpassed. A player of immense passion and virtuosity, his style, production skills and writing abilities work perfectly alongside Kiki’s unique and unparalleled skills as a writer and interpreter of song.
2013 saw the release of their acclaimed 4th album ‘A Place Where I Can Go’ and prompted a sell out UK tour. The album features 11 brand new recordings beautifully produced by Carmelo and featuring the haunting duet ‘Horses’ with Eddi Reader. The album will be re-released alongside some of Kiki’s classic back catalogue albums through Demon Records this autumn.

Kiki & Carmelo will be returning to the concert stage again this autumn, doing what they enjoy most: performing live. They will be visiting 26 venues across the UK.
Their latest tour is an ‘Acoustic Journey’; which sees them perform music from their four albums alongside stunning interpretations of songs by artists such as Frank Sinatra, Neil Young and Kate Bush. No show would be complete without the songs that have made Kiki a household name, and this tour will feature creative re-workings of ‘Don’t Go Breaking My Heart’, ‘I Got The Music In Me’ and the heart rending ‘Amoureuse’.
This special event takes place on Saturday 29 November at 7.30pm. Tickets are £16.50 and are available online at theatkinson.co.uk or by calling the Box Office on 01704 533333. They are also available over the counter during The Atkinson opening hours.
Please be advised that there is a £2 booking fee for telephone and online sales. :wink: :)
Cheers Joe.