Litherland in WW2 Exhibition

Post here about news - events - jobs
42aitch

Just to let you know that Litherland History Society is holding our third annual exhibition in the Pavilion in Hatton Hill Park, Litherland (Behind the Litherland Town Hall Walk in Centre.) The Pavilion is in the middle of the park. We will be open from 10am till 4pm on Saturday 21st September and entry is free.

The theme this year is Litherland in WW2. A lot of people think that Litherland did not suffer much in this war but we have found that over 115 soldiers, seaman and airmen from Litherland lost their lives and over 92 civilians also died. Unlike the first war there are no memorials with the names of these people who died so we have researched many of the details.

We have lots of photographs and war memorabilia and I am sure that you will find it interesting.

If anyone has any photos or memorabilia that will be of interest we would be grateful if they could either bring it along or post the photos on the site.

Eileen
Last edited by 42aitch on Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Litherland girl with Bootle parents.
Sheelagh Tequila

Well done Eileen, you are always working for the community, I hope there is lots of interest from those interested in local history.

Sheelagh
bob. b

Ellen well done you l will try to get there aim interested in that subject bob
lily8

Very best of luck with it Eileen I am sure it will be a great day. I just wish I lived closer and could loan you the Little House by the Dairy.
Lily