Evans Family from Bootle

Find Bootle friends and family here
Barby

I am trying to trace my family history.
My grandparents were from Bootle. Annie (nee Keatinge) Evans and Albert Martin Evans. I do not know where either were born, but understand Albert was born in Wales.
They lived at 3 Flint St. when my mother was born in 1921. Charlotte Evans.
They then came to Christchurch New Zealand about 1925/26 with 4 other of their children, William, Beatrice, Thomas, Harry.
I know there was family in the UK when they left, just where I am not sure.
No one here in New Zealand alive now to be able to tell me anything.

If anyone can throw any light on this family or any relatives I would very much appreciate it.

Many thanks.

Barbara, Christchurch, New Zealand.
:D
LadyD

Hi Barnara

In 1911, Albert Martin Evans was living at 111 Strand Rd Bootle--he was a Boot Repairer.

Albert Evans m Annie Keatings Sep quarter 1910 West Derby

I think you will need their marriage certificate in order to go any further back. (if you need help on how to get it let me know.)

The only children I could pinpoint were William K Evans b 1912 and Annie b 1917

I found a Albert Martin Evans b 1884 Aberystwyth, but he died as an infant.
The only other Albert Martin Evans I could find was b 1889 Toxteth

I can't identify him or Annie in 1901 which is why you will need their marriage cert, to find their father's names and occupations--as well as Albert and Annies ages

Dorothy
Barby

Dorothy,
Thank you so much for the information you have sent me. I am sooooo excited about it all. It does sound like this is my grandfather. It is filling in some gaps for me of my family when they lived in Bootle.
I obviously will need to get my grandparents marriage certificates to look further afield.

That is interesting that you have mentioned William King Evans as that is the eldest son who died here in Christchurch tragically in 1960. I can still recall my mother recieiving the news of her elder brother's death.
Interesting that you mention an Annie b 1917. I have never heard about this sibbling at all unless it is the first name of Beatrice. I will check with her son on this one.

My grandfather, Pop, as we called him was possibly a Chiropotist here in Christchurch as I do remember the large black chairs in a room off the hall way of their home, so I guess that fits in with the shoemaker side of his life as well.
I really do feel I now need to document what I recall of him, so other's can get to know their relative too.

If you could help me in any way to get my grandparents marriage certificate I would really appreciate it.
I am on another geneology site www.genesreunited.co.uk but have had no luck in find either of my grandparents so far.
I am quite a novice at this so any help would be wonderful.

Thank you for making my day.

Barbara

LadyD

Hello again
You can order certificates on line at

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

When you get the marriage certificate, let us know and we can check to see if we can find them.
Family History gets addictive!!!

It is a good idea to start writing down your memories.

Dorothy
LadyD

I should have said that I believe the certs cost £7 each and you can use a credit card

Dorothy
Jan

Hi Barby,

If you order the marriage certificate from the GRO, you will also have to quote the Vol (Volume ) and page numbers aswell as the year and quarter, which is Vol 8b page 458.

Jan