Looking for my Dad's Family / Friends Ernest Louis Aggett

Find Bootle friends and family here
Aussielass

I am searching for anyone who knew of my Dad's Family.. I know so little about them and would like to know more. He was Born Ernest Loius Aggett - I believe lived in Bootle ... The middle of 3 boys ...the others being Jack and George. ALL I know is his Dad was Louis Ernest Edwin Aggett and Mother - Eleanor Aggett nee Price...

Dad was born May 24th 1908... and left Home as [ I believe] a Teenager and became a resident of Australia - where I grew up as a Campbell ... to which Dad changed his Surname after leaving the UK

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated
42aitch

Hi Aussielass,
I have found his fathers Marriage to Eleanor Price in December quarter 1903 West Derby 8b 1000. This was West Derby Registry office or Registrar attended (which can mean a RC or non comformist marriage).
He was down as Lewis E E Aggett. I have found his birth 1878 June quarter Newton Abbot, Devon 5b 155 which I hope that you find helpful. No trace in the 1901 or 1891 Census but found on the 1881 Census as follows:-
Name: Louis Aggett
Estimated birth year: abt 1878
Relation: Son
Father's name: James
Mother's name: Thurza
Where born: S Mary Ch, Devon, England

Civil parish: St Mary Church
County/Island: Devon

Street address: Old Road
Education:

Employment status: View image

Registration district: Newton Abbot
Sub-registration district: Torquay
ED, institution, or vessel: 20
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Amelia Aggett 7
Emelie Aggett 15
George Aggett 12
Grace Aggett 9
James Aggett 54
Louis Aggett 3
Thirzina Aggett 21
Thurza Aggett 45

Hope that you find this information useful.
Eileen
Aussielass

Thank you Eileen soo very, very much..... I am currently in Manchester for a few weeks.... and am wanting to come Liverpool to do further research either this week or next .... and to have a look around - am a Beatlemaniac from waaay back LOL.... Thank you again ... Eleanor
Jan

:D

Hi Aussielass,

Here is your uncle's birth registration. on www.ancestry.co.uk/

England & Wales, FreeBMD Birth Index: 1837-1983

about George E Aggett
Name: George E Aggett
Year of Registration: 1914
Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar
Mother's Maiden Name: Price
District: Liverpool (1837-1924)
County: Lancashire
Volume: 8b
Page: 160

Do you have any of the birth certificates for your father or his brothers? Addresses will be on them. Also their fathers occupation.

I will look in the 1911 directory and see if their father is listed.

Jan
Jan

:lol: :lol:

I looked in the 1911 Directory, but no Aggett's listed, I then looked in the 1938 Liverpool Directory and found Lewis Ernest Edwin Aggett, 46 Humphrey Street, Bootle. (no occupation given).

Jan
Aussielass

Jan & Eileen,
Thanks soo much for all your help . I wish I had realized you LIVED in Bootle still... I would have loved to have met you whilst I was there... El.
Jan

:D

Hi El,

That would have been nice to be able to meet up, I am off work from Monday 2nd April for a week and a half, I work in a school and they are on holidays for Easter.

Now getting back to the Aggett's.

You will need a copy of the marriage certificate from 1903 that Eileen has posted the details for above. you can order this online from http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/

You can pay by debit/credit card and the certificates cost £7 each.

If you have the marriage certificate, it will give Eleanor's father's name and occupation, also her age, we will then maybe try and find her on the 1901 census once you have the details.

Jan
LadyD

Hi El
There was another son I think
Lewis Gorfield Aggett b and d 1907

In 1901, Boarding at Thornton Rd Bootle was

Louis Agger 1878 Torquay Labourer
Thearyn (Thurza? his Mother) 1830 Devon

Thurza Aggett d in 1911 Mar quarter West Derby

James Aggett d Mar quarter 1891 West Derby

Louis"s sister Grace---baptised Rhoda Grace P Aggett 1872 Devon m George Edward Dodd Mar quarter 1894 St Marys Walton (I was also married there :lol: )

In 1901, she is living in Seaforth

George Edward Aggett b 1914 m Amy E Gledhill 1939 Holy Trinity Wavertree

Dorothy