Saunders - Lily Road

Find Bootle friends and family here
Victorlotto

I plan to visit Bootle next fall. my mother Elizabeth Margaret Saunders emgrated from Bottle to Canada about 1925. She lived on Lily road in Bootle and had 4 brothers. her father worked in the dockyards and was a lay preacher. Appreciate hearing from any of the Saunders family in Bootle -does Lily Road still exist -Victorlotto@shaw.ca
matt wethered

Hi Victor,as the closest person on the site to your location;just head north for 37 miles to Duncan and home of that famous tourist attraction namely the biggest hockey stick in the world,I welcome you. A word of warning though,watch out for "the two ronnies".
Matt
Kathy John Moorcroft

:D Hiya Victor, Welcome Aboard Friend, There is a Lily Road, in Litherland, Off Linacre Road, Is that the one you meant,? as it is still in existance, I went to school with Peter Saunders, from Melling Road Bootle, off Stanley Road Bootle , about a half mile from Lily Road, on the same approach road,( as Linacre Road is the continuation of Stanley Road,) Peter now would be my age 65, ( Hope this help`s a little) Again, Welcome Sir. Kind Regards John.
ron waters

VICTOR So far you have only been welcomed by our friends in Australia and Canada , so I most sincerely Welcome you to this very friendly site ,It is far to early for my gggrandad old RED RON because every Saturday night he goes out haunting houses, and as John said there is a Lily Road off Linacre Road , opposite to the SALT BOX PUB Regards from RON W
Victorlotto

John Moorcroft wrote::D Hiya Victor, Welcome Aboard Friend, There is a Lily Road, in Litherland, Off Linacre Road, Is that the one you meant,? as it is still in existance, I went to school with Peter Saunders, from Melling Road Bootle, off Stanley Road Bootle , about a half mile from Lily Road, on the same approach road,( as Linacre Road is the continuation of Stanley Road,) Peter now would be my age 65, ( Hope this help`s a little) Again, Welcome Sir. Kind Regards John.
red ron

Hi Victor, may I, as the only sane person on the site besides your good self, welcome you. Lily Road is still in existence, as my OLD friend says. I hope you find all the help you need here. Perhaps Super Sleuth Jan can help you. Regards, R R
jopotts7

Hi Victor
I went to school with a Jean Saunders( she would be my age late sixties)
at St Winfreds on Stanley Rd,
She lived on Berry St close to the train station entry that went through to Oriel Rd.
I think there were about 4 daughters in the family, dont think there was any sons, but could be mistaken about that, I think I remember her having a smaller sister and two older sisters, I think her Dad worked on the docks, but again I could be mistaken, dressed like a docker that I do remember, like my Dad. Hope this helps a little, could be one of your relatives.
Jo Potts (Murphy)
Bridge St.
I left England in 1974, came NZ. My roots will always be England , but my life is the best over here.
Jan

:D

I found a Saunders family in Bootle in 1901 census living at Kirby Place

George H Saunders Head Married age 38 Dock Labourer born Surrey
Mary J Saunders wife age 30 born Liverpool
Francis H saunders son age 14
John H Saunders son age 11
Daisy B Saunders dau age 9 (born Middx London)
Elizabeth M Saunders dau age 8
William A Saunders son age 5
Caroline Saunders dau age 2
Ernest E Saunders son age 6 months

All the other children were born either Liverpool or Bootle

There was a George Saunders (occupation Cooper) listed in the Liverpool Directory 1938, living at 25 Lily Road, Litherland.

You can get the ship's passenger lists on www.ancestry.co.uk but you need to sub to the deluxe membership to be able to view the images.

Jan