Sealeaf Family

Find Bootle friends and family here
glossybonce

What a great post...enjoyed reading it and it started back in 2007 and here we are in 2011 ...What a great site this is. :lol:
Time is precious.....Waste it wisely.
chris sealeaf

Hi Laurence

Thanks for your reply. I have seen the photo you are referring to - Thelma showed it to us one day. Not sure if she gave a copy to one of the family after she had taken it to be copied and tweaked.
Most of the research I have done has been enhanced by the information Thelma has given to me when I have asked her questions about the family. As I am a Sealeaf by marriage Julie and Thelma were a mine of information.

Chris
chrissealeaf
kptz

Hi,

Mary Miller was my grandmother Lily"s sister, parents were Frederick [or James Frederick] and Mary Ann. I was told Mary married Francis Sealeaf and I found this forum and mention of Mary and Francis. So I posted here instead of a new thread for Miller. Do you have more information on Mary and her parents?

Thanks in advance.
kptz
Silver-Haired-Hippy

Fascinating thread, I have a vague memory of a girl called Pauline Sealeaf, she could have been at the same school as me, St. Winefrides.

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Thommos sister

Hi kptz in sunny California.
Welcome to the forum, good luck with your search!!

T.S from downunder
kptz

Thanks so much T.S. for the kind welcome!

I hope to learn more about my grandmother's family.

kptz
PETER CRAIG

kptz wrote:Hi,

Mary Miller was my grandmother Lily"s sister, parents were Frederick [or James Frederick] and Mary Ann. I was told Mary married Francis Sealeaf and I found this forum and mention of Mary and Francis. So I posted here instead of a new thread for Miller. Do you have more information on Mary and her parents?

Thanks in advance.
kptz
Welcome to the Bootle forum kptz,
Peter.
kptz

Thanks Peter for your kind welcome!

My mother was from Bootle and lived there until she emigrated to the US.

Have a great day!
kptz
BOBHAMO

Hi kptz :lol: :lol:
great to see posts reopen :lol: :lol:
if you want any photos of where your family lived
as long as they are still there just ask
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
chris sealeaf

Hi kpts
Mary Miller and Francis Sealeaf were my parents in law. Mary was born in February 1919 and Frank was born in March 1915. Mary had relatives in America and was in touch with them up to her death in 2002. If you think this is your Mary Miller then I think I can help you.
My Mary Miller had two brothers and she was the only girl, she had no sisters. Her mother Mary Burns was born about 1890. I have found a Lily Burns born in 1892. If you can supply more information by PM we might identify the right people

Regards
Chris
chrissealeaf
Elaine Goulding

Wow, what a wonderful thread! Starting in 2007 and still going strong September 2012. So many "Sealeaf" relations, you should organise a meet up, however, you are going to need a pretty big venue as there are so many of you!!!!
Elaine
Elaine

Bianca Street, Bootle - moved to Canada 1982
chris sealeaf

Hi Folks
I am just bumping this topic up so that the reference to Charles Ray can be seen.

Regards
Chris.
chrissealeaf
chris sealeaf

Hi Folks
I am still reseaching the Sealeaf family. It is quite clear that anyone named Sealeaf is descended from Charles Michael Sjoblad/Sealeaf and Johanna Breen who were married in 1862 in St. Patrick's Chapel, Liverpool.
Regards
Chris
chrissealeaf
efc46

Hi I knew Charlie Sealeaf he went to st. georges 3 years older than me would be 73 ish if that helps /Davey
Davey Rowlands Bootle
noname69

Silver-Haired-Hippy wrote:Fascinating thread, I have a vague memory of a girl called Pauline Sealeaf, she could have been at the same school as me, St. Winefrides.

Loretta
I was looking for info on the Sealeaf family when I stumbled upon the forum.

That's my Mum, Pauline.

I'm sure there are some simaralities to James original post and my family tree !
Silver-Haired-Hippy

Hi noname69, thank you for reply, only vague memories of your mum, it was such a long time ago! :D I remember her from the senior school.

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
EdMcDonald

Wasn't there a family called Seagraves as well. Sure they lived in the same area as Charlie.
Home of the "Edmonton Oilers" Future Stanley Cup Champions. :D
A long way from Duncan B.C. :wink:
Sarahpheasant1

My mum is Gail (Marie) Sealeaf they lived near Bedford rd Bootle. Anyone know them?
Sarahpheasant1

liverpool49 wrote:
James wrote:I am very interested in the Sealeaf family from Bootle. My mother is descended from Michael Charles Sealeaf (ca. 1834-1915) and his wife Johanna Sealeaf (ca. 1845-1896). He was from either Sweden or Norway, but a naturalised British citizen (by at least 1868) and he worked on the boats. Presumably his name was originally Sjoblad. I am yet to dig out the naturalisation papers at the National Archives. Johanna was from Ireland. Their daughter, Clara Sophia Sealeaf (1876-1950) married a William Henry Jones in 1898. Their daughter, Johanna Winifred Mary Jones (1913-1997), who was my grandmother, married Joseph Charles Lee in Bootle in 1936, and their daughter, Joan Mary Lee (who was born in London when the family moved away from Liverpool), is my mother. My mother knew about the Bootle connection and the Swedish/Finnish origins of the family, but knew no more, so I am intrigued to find out more, particularly about how they came to Bootle, and whether or not there are any old photos among your members. My mum has fond memories of her grandmother Clara Sophia Sealeaf. I notice there are still a lot of Sealeaf's centered in and around Liverpool If anyone knows anything about the family, I'd be delighted to hear from you.

Hi
I went to St Winnies with Aubrey Sealeaf 1954-1960.
The family, 15 kids in all, lived at the bottom of Bedford Road just up from Stanley Road and Blackledges bakery, right next to the bomb site.
Their dad drove a Pickfords truck and one time with all of the kids hanging off it and their dad drove them up Bedford Road and all of the neighbours were cheering.

Vince

I had an uncle Aubrey Sealeaf. I am trying to find more information out about my family If you can help.
Sarahpheasant1

liverpool49 wrote:
James wrote:I am very interested in the Sealeaf family from Bootle. My mother is descended from Michael Charles Sealeaf (ca. 1834-1915) and his wife Johanna Sealeaf (ca. 1845-1896). He was from either Sweden or Norway, but a naturalised British citizen (by at least 1868) and he worked on the boats. Presumably his name was originally Sjoblad. I am yet to dig out the naturalisation papers at the National Archives. Johanna was from Ireland. Their daughter, Clara Sophia Sealeaf (1876-1950) married a William Henry Jones in 1898. Their daughter, Johanna Winifred Mary Jones (1913-1997), who was my grandmother, married Joseph Charles Lee in Bootle in 1936, and their daughter, Joan Mary Lee (who was born in London when the family moved away from Liverpool), is my mother. My mother knew about the Bootle connection and the Swedish/Finnish origins of the family, but knew no more, so I am intrigued to find out more, particularly about how they came to Bootle, and whether or not there are any old photos among your members. My mum has fond memories of her grandmother Clara Sophia Sealeaf. I notice there are still a lot of Sealeaf's centered in and around Liverpool If anyone knows anything about the family, I'd be delighted to hear from you.

Hi
I went to St Winnies with Aubrey Sealeaf 1954-1960.
The family, 15 kids in all, lived at the bottom of Bedford Road just up from Stanley Road and Blackledges bakery, right next to the bomb site.
Their dad drove a Pickfords truck and one time with all of the kids hanging off it and their dad drove them up Bedford Road and all of the neighbours were cheering.

Vince

I had an uncle Aubrey Sealeaf. I am trying to find more information out about my family If you can help.
noname69

Did you find owt?
Lizzie79

Hi my name is Elizabeth sealeaf born in 1979 to Roland sealeaf born in 1949. I have 4 brothers and 4 sisters. Very keen to learn more about my family history x