Sealeaf Family

Find Bootle friends and family here

Postby glossybonce » Tue May 24, 2011 7:27 pm

What a great post...enjoyed reading it and it started back in 2007 and here we are in 2011 ...What a great site this is. :lol:
Time is precious.....Waste it wisely.
glossybonce
 
Posts: 2091
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:49 pm

Sealeaf family

Postby chris sealeaf » Sat May 28, 2011 3:51 pm

Hi Laurence

Thanks for your reply. I have seen the photo you are referring to - Thelma showed it to us one day. Not sure if she gave a copy to one of the family after she had taken it to be copied and tweaked.
Most of the research I have done has been enhanced by the information Thelma has given to me when I have asked her questions about the family. As I am a Sealeaf by marriage Julie and Thelma were a mine of information.

Chris
chrissealeaf
chris sealeaf
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:29 pm
Location: rainford

Mary Miller / Francis Sealeaf

Postby kptz » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:03 pm

Hi,

Mary Miller was my grandmother Lily"s sister, parents were Frederick [or James Frederick] and Mary Ann. I was told Mary married Francis Sealeaf and I found this forum and mention of Mary and Francis. So I posted here instead of a new thread for Miller. Do you have more information on Mary and her parents?

Thanks in advance.
kptz
kptz
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:29 pm
Location: California

Postby Silver-Haired-Hippy » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:06 pm

Fascinating thread, I have a vague memory of a girl called Pauline Sealeaf, she could have been at the same school as me, St. Winefrides.

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Silver-Haired-Hippy
 
Posts: 2845
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:50 pm
Location: Abergele

Postby Thommos sister » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:13 am

Hi kptz in sunny California.
Welcome to the forum, good luck with your search!!

T.S from downunder
Thommos sister
 
Posts: 6709
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 5:33 am
Location: Waikiki Western Australia

Postby kptz » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:26 am

Thanks so much T.S. for the kind welcome!

I hope to learn more about my grandmother's family.

kptz
kptz
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:29 pm
Location: California

Re: Mary Miller / Francis Sealeaf

Postby PETER CRAIG » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:45 am

kptz wrote:Hi,

Mary Miller was my grandmother Lily"s sister, parents were Frederick [or James Frederick] and Mary Ann. I was told Mary married Francis Sealeaf and I found this forum and mention of Mary and Francis. So I posted here instead of a new thread for Miller. Do you have more information on Mary and her parents?

Thanks in advance.
kptz


Welcome to the Bootle forum kptz,
Peter.
..
User avatar
PETER CRAIG
 
Posts: 3766
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:24 pm
Location: BOOTLE

Postby kptz » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:26 pm

Thanks Peter for your kind welcome!

My mother was from Bootle and lived there until she emigrated to the US.

Have a great day!
kptz
kptz
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:29 pm
Location: California

Postby BOBHAMO » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:49 pm

Hi kptz :lol: :lol:
great to see posts reopen :lol: :lol:
if you want any photos of where your family lived
as long as they are still there just ask
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
User avatar
BOBHAMO
 
Posts: 4916
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:20 am
Location: BIG CITY

Postby chris sealeaf » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:04 pm

Hi kpts
Mary Miller and Francis Sealeaf were my parents in law. Mary was born in February 1919 and Frank was born in March 1915. Mary had relatives in America and was in touch with them up to her death in 2002. If you think this is your Mary Miller then I think I can help you.
My Mary Miller had two brothers and she was the only girl, she had no sisters. Her mother Mary Burns was born about 1890. I have found a Lily Burns born in 1892. If you can supply more information by PM we might identify the right people

Regards
Chris
chrissealeaf
chris sealeaf
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:29 pm
Location: rainford

Postby Elaine Goulding » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:05 am

Wow, what a wonderful thread! Starting in 2007 and still going strong September 2012. So many "Sealeaf" relations, you should organise a meet up, however, you are going to need a pretty big venue as there are so many of you!!!!
Elaine
Elaine
Bianca Street, Bootle - moved to Canada 1982
Elaine Goulding
 
Posts: 844
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:51 pm
Location: Canada

Postby chris sealeaf » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:30 pm

Hi Folks
I am just bumping this topic up so that the reference to Charles Ray can be seen.

Regards
Chris.
chrissealeaf
chris sealeaf
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:29 pm
Location: rainford

Re: Sealeaf Family

Postby chris sealeaf » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:08 pm

Hi Folks
I am still reseaching the Sealeaf family. It is quite clear that anyone named Sealeaf is descended from Charles Michael Sjoblad/Sealeaf and Johanna Breen who were married in 1862 in St. Patrick's Chapel, Liverpool.
Regards
Chris
chrissealeaf
chris sealeaf
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:29 pm
Location: rainford

Re: Sealeaf Family

Postby efc46 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:11 am

Hi I knew Charlie Sealeaf he went to st. georges 3 years older than me would be 73 ish if that helps /Davey
Davey Rowlands Bootle
User avatar
efc46
 
Posts: 306
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:40 am

Re: Sealeaf

Postby noname69 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:19 am

Silver-Haired-Hippy wrote:Fascinating thread, I have a vague memory of a girl called Pauline Sealeaf, she could have been at the same school as me, St. Winefrides.

Loretta

I was looking for info on the Sealeaf family when I stumbled upon the forum.

That's my Mum, Pauline.

I'm sure there are some simaralities to James original post and my family tree !
noname69
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:14 am

Re: Sealeaf Family

Postby Silver-Haired-Hippy » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:20 am

Hi noname69, thank you for reply, only vague memories of your mum, it was such a long time ago! :D I remember her from the senior school.

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Silver-Haired-Hippy
 
Posts: 2845
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:50 pm
Location: Abergele

Re: Sealeaf Family

Postby EdMcDonald » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:17 pm

Wasn't there a family called Seagraves as well. Sure they lived in the same area as Charlie.
Home of the "Edmonton Oilers"
EdMcDonald
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:09 pm
Location: Sherwood Park Alberta Canada

Re: Sealeaf Family

Postby Sarahpheasant1 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:22 am

My mum is Gail (Marie) Sealeaf they lived near Bedford rd Bootle. Anyone know them?
Sarahpheasant1
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:19 am

Re: Sealeaf Family

Postby Sarahpheasant1 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:17 pm

liverpool49 wrote:
James wrote:I am very interested in the Sealeaf family from Bootle. My mother is descended from Michael Charles Sealeaf (ca. 1834-1915) and his wife Johanna Sealeaf (ca. 1845-1896). He was from either Sweden or Norway, but a naturalised British citizen (by at least 1868) and he worked on the boats. Presumably his name was originally Sjoblad. I am yet to dig out the naturalisation papers at the National Archives. Johanna was from Ireland. Their daughter, Clara Sophia Sealeaf (1876-1950) married a William Henry Jones in 1898. Their daughter, Johanna Winifred Mary Jones (1913-1997), who was my grandmother, married Joseph Charles Lee in Bootle in 1936, and their daughter, Joan Mary Lee (who was born in London when the family moved away from Liverpool), is my mother. My mother knew about the Bootle connection and the Swedish/Finnish origins of the family, but knew no more, so I am intrigued to find out more, particularly about how they came to Bootle, and whether or not there are any old photos among your members. My mum has fond memories of her grandmother Clara Sophia Sealeaf. I notice there are still a lot of Sealeaf's centered in and around Liverpool If anyone knows anything about the family, I'd be delighted to hear from you.



Hi
I went to St Winnies with Aubrey Sealeaf 1954-1960.
The family, 15 kids in all, lived at the bottom of Bedford Road just up from Stanley Road and Blackledges bakery, right next to the bomb site.
Their dad drove a Pickfords truck and one time with all of the kids hanging off it and their dad drove them up Bedford Road and all of the neighbours were cheering.

Vince



I had an uncle Aubrey Sealeaf. I am trying to find more information out about my family If you can help.
Sarahpheasant1
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:19 am

Re: Sealeaf Family

Postby Sarahpheasant1 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:32 pm

liverpool49 wrote:
James wrote:I am very interested in the Sealeaf family from Bootle. My mother is descended from Michael Charles Sealeaf (ca. 1834-1915) and his wife Johanna Sealeaf (ca. 1845-1896). He was from either Sweden or Norway, but a naturalised British citizen (by at least 1868) and he worked on the boats. Presumably his name was originally Sjoblad. I am yet to dig out the naturalisation papers at the National Archives. Johanna was from Ireland. Their daughter, Clara Sophia Sealeaf (1876-1950) married a William Henry Jones in 1898. Their daughter, Johanna Winifred Mary Jones (1913-1997), who was my grandmother, married Joseph Charles Lee in Bootle in 1936, and their daughter, Joan Mary Lee (who was born in London when the family moved away from Liverpool), is my mother. My mother knew about the Bootle connection and the Swedish/Finnish origins of the family, but knew no more, so I am intrigued to find out more, particularly about how they came to Bootle, and whether or not there are any old photos among your members. My mum has fond memories of her grandmother Clara Sophia Sealeaf. I notice there are still a lot of Sealeaf's centered in and around Liverpool If anyone knows anything about the family, I'd be delighted to hear from you.



Hi
I went to St Winnies with Aubrey Sealeaf 1954-1960.
The family, 15 kids in all, lived at the bottom of Bedford Road just up from Stanley Road and Blackledges bakery, right next to the bomb site.
Their dad drove a Pickfords truck and one time with all of the kids hanging off it and their dad drove them up Bedford Road and all of the neighbours were cheering.

Vince



I had an uncle Aubrey Sealeaf. I am trying to find more information out about my family If you can help.
Sarahpheasant1
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:19 am

Previous

Return to Looking for Long Lost Bootle Family + Friends ?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests