Irlam road

Find Bootle friends and family here
toto

Hi All
I have just fond out I was born at 50 Irlam road in 1949 and moved to Walton in 1950 were I still live, but was always told I was born in Walton hospital. My mum had been married before to Tommy McCullough he died at the end of 1942 and his daughter Margaret was born in the beginning of 1943 at Irlam and I think his brother James lived at number 80 Irlam he married Mabel Wade in 1936
My sister Margaret never know her dad or his family and I would love to find some one of the McCullough family for her, I have fond out how and where Tommy died and his parents where James and Margaret but can't seem to get any farther If there is any one who can help with any information no matter how small I will be very gratefully
hope this make sense
tipster

hya toto, i spent 32 years looking for my mother, and i found her about 5 years ago,Her maiden name was Mc Cullough,and there was loads of them from Netherton, but origonaly Marsh Lane,There is a lot you can find out, but you need addresses and dates,the rest takes time patience and foot work, if i can help drop us a line, and good luck
TONY
Jan

:lol:

Hi toto,

You can search the birth/marriage/death indexes online at www.ancestry.co.uk/ you can register for free. once registered choose Complete BMD indexes, you can then look through the years to try and find any potential family, you would probably need to order copies of certificates for verification.

It may be worth trying to get hold of a copy of your mum's first marriage cert, this will give respective father's names and occupations, addresses etc.

I have looked though the birth indexes for any McCullough children born with the mother's maiden name Wade, but I have not come across any!
For potential cousins etc.

If I can be of any further help, let me know and I will try.

Jan
toto

Hi
Thank you both of you for your reply,s, I have been though ancestry to look for Thomas birth i do have the marriage cert they were marred in Kirkdale i know his father's name is James and his mum is Margaret and found one, mother's maiden name O'Brien and the only marriage i can find for a James Marred to a Margaret O'Brien was in 1897 and he was born in 1915 so i will send of for his birth certificates and hope it is the one. So thank you again
Babs.
Jan

Babs,

Where did Thomas pass away?

I have looked through the deaths indexes and can't find his death registration, which would give his age at death, then anable us to find a birth registration (possibly).

Jan
toto

Hi Jan
Thomas McCullough was in the Royal navy and on the 28/12/1942 age 29 the ship he was on was sunk in north Africa, (my sister was born on the 28/1/43) that how I know his mums name I found it on GWGC, they were marred in 1939 age 24, so if i go by his marriage he was born in 1915 his death it is 1913, and i am going to send for the 1915 one I think and hope the address is the same as the marriage cert but knowing my luck i do't hold out much hope
Babs :(
Jan

:?

Babs,

Are you sure he Thomas was born in Liverpool?

I found a birth ref for a Thomas McCullough in S. Shields in 1913!

How old was his brother when he married, we need to cross ref the mother's maiden name.

Don't send for any certs yet, if Thomas was 24 on his marriage cert in 1939 yes that does make his birth 1915, maybe he told porkies about his age to get in the Navy!

If you order the cert, you could put a condition on it that you only want it if the parents names match, this will save you a bit of money.

Jan
Jan

:D

Babs,

James and Mable married at Walton St Mary's church.

The marriage cert can be viewed at Liverpool records office.

If we know James's age when he married that would help a lot.

I found another birth in S.Shields for a James McCullough in the early part of 1911, unfortunately, mother's maiden names were not put on the birth indexes until later that year, the Thomas McCullough born S.Shields in 1913 his mother's maiden name was Callaghan.

Jan
toto

Hi Jan
Yes I have James and Mabel's marriage cert in 1939 he was 24 and lived at 80 Irlam rd she was 30 and her address was 2 or 12 Trevelyan st Walton his occupations was a Carter his farther all so James was deceased as was hers but don't give occupations. I cant find any kids for James and Mabel my sister dos remember 's them, she was 6 when we moved form Irlam rd. I've fond Mabel's death she died in 1989 age 82 its a sham that the family lost touch but that's life. I have fond a lot of cousin's from my dads side and would love to do it for her.
Babs
Jan

:D

Hi Babs,

I found another birth in 1913 for a Samuel A McCullough (Oct-Dec) mothers maiden name O'Brien, could that be another brother?

Jan
toto

Hi Jan
oh good and i found a Edith born 1912 I just wish i know their father's job, I think he my of been a carter, and hope the address is the same as on one of the marriage cert I have, I can not send for Thomas birth cert till the week end so I will keep on looking. Thank you for you help I am vary gratefully
Babs :(
annie

hi toto.. i went to school with a patsy mc..cullough from down marsh lane but dont know anything about her or family..that was in the 40s and 50s
marielou

Hi toto,

I knew a Mary and Patsy McCullough with a brother Henry they lived in Quigley Ave., Netherton(Dodge) I think they originated from some where on Derby Rd.,I believe the mothers name was Alice but I'm not sure.Patsy is not the same one that Annie knows as she will be around 57 now and went to school in Netherton.

Regards,

Marielou.
vera

Hi Babs, i have info on your family Vera.
vera

Hi Babs, have made a couple of calls back to Bootle. as regards
!2 Trevelyn St Walton.
as i am in oz we are 11 hours ahead of the uk. family ties await,
Cheers Vera.
vera

Hi Babs, This is Vera, As i live in Oz. I have been in touch with my sister in law who is Doreen, her aunty was Mabel and Uncle was Jim.
This looks like your family. What a small world we live .if i can help do feel free to contact me i will put you in touch with Doreen. Cheers Vera
vera

Hi Babs, More info for you, contact me. P/m Cheers Vera.
toto

Hi Vera
have sent you a p/m
Babs
vera

:lol: Hi Babs , My Sister- in law, Doreen phone is **********,
i have told her about your info, would be delighted to speak to you
yes they live in Bootle, what a small world we live, i do hope this will help you. if all ok just put a post on the forum to mack, this is what the forum is all about , cheers Vera.

* Phone number removed as requested by Vera - Mack
toto

Hi Vera
thank you so much I will let you know how i go on
Babs