Ford Cemetary question

Find Bootle friends and family here
Keith-iow

Hi All,

I have one relative in my Bootle family that I could not find any info on after the 1939 register, born as Elizabeth Ann Evans.
She was living with her Mother, Anne Evans nee Connolly, in Glynne St in 1939.

Her Mother died in Newsham General Hospital in June 1941 and the certificate lists as informant her other Daughter Lily Mary McNicholas, who changed her name round to Mary McNicholas.

Not being able to trace Elizabeth Ann, I searched the Ford Cemetary records for any Evans buried since 1939 and came upon a Ann Evans buried July 1941, she would have been 47 years old.

Now finally here is my question, the grave number in the records is RD291, which happens to be the same number for four other members of the same family.
Is the grave reference unique to one grave?
Would there have been multiple burials in one grave between 1920 to 1941?

Here's hoping someone can confirm my thoughts, the next problem being I can't find a death record for Ann or Elizabeth in the Liverpool / Bootle areas to confirm this.
Some of the family lived in Litherland, would this come under a different area in the GRO records.

Thanks for reading and look forward to any answers / thoughts you may have.
Keith
Jan

Hi Keith,

I think the grave would have been a family grave, and one of the family would have owned the deeds to the grave, I am not absolutely certain, but I think up to 5 people can be buried in the same grave over a certain amount of time, it would be a matter of asking for the grave to be opened in order for another family member to be buried there.

Where did you find the information for the burials in the same grave number? Did you go to the library to look up the details or did you find them on the ancestry site?

I think some of the burial registers for Ford on Ancestry are mixed up, some may have the burial date for a person on them, but in fact they are records of payments for the grave that were made by a person and not the burial date. A bit confusing I know. I had a look on ancestry and found that Ann had made a payment in July 1941, so it wasn't her burial.

I am also not sure, but there may be deed registers at the library (Liverpool Records Office).

I am having a few problems at the moment with a very slow computer and having difficulty getting on websites to be able to look things up.

Hope I have helped a bit.

Jan
Old genealogists never die......they just lose their census.
Jan

Keith,

I hope you can see this.

As you can see Ann made a payment for the grave on 5th July 1941, she was the grave owner. The undertakers was Thompson's.

Jan
Old genealogists never die......they just lose their census.
Keith-iow

Hi Jan,
Thank you for your replies, I think you are right and the entry you have posted is the one I based my information on, it must be a payment.
The mother, Ann Evans died on 10 June 1941 at 42 Belmont Rd, the hospital, and there is a burial register entry for 14 June 1941.
The payment is on the 5 July for Ann Evans, which I assume is her payment and not Elizabeth Ann's.

I can certify that the other 4 family members in the grave by death certs and burial register entry by date, name, residence, age and grave.
As you say the Ancestry records are a bit muddled up!

If anyone knows if there are deed registers at the library I would be interested to know for any future trip, its a bit of a way from the Isle of Wight for a day trip!
Looks like the only other way of tracing Elizabeth Ann may be by Electoral records.

Thanks again for your valuable input Jan.

Keith
ALAMO2008

Keith
If you Register on Rootschat Forum
Marianne known as Username Ozranga has access to the Index of Ford Burials
and if you can give her the Reference
She will tell you the Deed Holder and all in that plot.

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.p ... msg7213356
Keith-iow

Many thanks for that info ALAMO2008, I have just posted to Marianne :lol: