EDWARD EVANS b 1891 Bootle

Find Bootle friends and family here
Barby

Hi everyone. It has been a while since I was on this forum. Am researching, Edward Evans b 1891 or Thomas Edward Evans b 1891.

Edward or Thomas Edward was the brother of my Grandfather Albert Martin Evans. He is the only brother of 5 that I have not been able to find a lot of info on.

Edward or Thomas Edward was b 22 July 1891 in Bootle, in fact birth address 41 Braemar Street, West Derby, Liverpool.
1911 Census he was working as a Carter Cartman for a Fish Dealer age 19yrs.
The only other information I have ever been able to find is when he is Thomas Edward Evans b 22 July 1891 and is from Merchant Navy Records of 1921 when he served on the Pacuare. Discharge # 1044953. I have not been able to find any Crew Lists for the Pacuare which could lead me to finding him.

From research at Crosby Library that I did on one of my visits, I found that he was living with his mother, Ellen Evans in 1918 at 14 Spring Grove. Besides the entry on the Electoral Register was N/M which indicated Military or Navy. He then appears again in Autumn of 1920/21 with his mother Ellen. After 1921 he seems to disappear.
Did Edward marry? did he marry under Thomas Edward or Edward? Where oh Where has Edward gone??

By any chance is there any family on here that recognises the above information.
I have been research him for a number of years and thought it about time I give it another go to see if anyone recognises this info.

Thanks for any help that you can provide.

Kind regards
Barby
Looking for, Evans, Keatinge, Porter, Anderson, Norton, Lobb, families
Jan

:D :D

Hi Barby,

It has been a long time since your last post, hope you are keeping well.

I had a look on the CLIP project website and found the following for SS Pacuare. https://www.crewlist.org.uk/data/archiv ... sts/120705

I think the crew lists for this are held at the National Archives, or in Belfas NI.

Jan
Old genealogists never die......they just lose their census.
Barby

Hi Jan,
Yes, has been a while since I posted here. All well here as I hope it is with you.

Thank you for the information. I had searched National Archives when on a couple of visits but nothing.
I think the information must be at Belfast. Well, that might just take a bit longer to get hold of them also.
Never mind, has been a while researching him as it is a bit longer is nothing. :D

He has been a very elusive person to research but then it could also be that I am not looking in the correct place.
Time will tell.

Thanks once again for your help, it is always much appreciated.

Barby
Barby

Hi All,
An update on Edward Evans b 1891 in Bootle.

By chance a DNA match has finally led me to find my Gt Uncle Edward Thomas Evans.
Great excitement when I discovered this information after many years of researching.

Edward married Amy Buckley in Manchester in 1919 St. Chad Ladybarn. For many years they lived in Hasfield Rd.
They had 5 Children one being Trevor Evans b 1923. I have now been able to make contact with Trevor's son, also Trevor who is of course Edward and Amys Grandson. Trevor has filled me on on some of the family. It appears that Edward was in the Royal Navy as well and was involved in the Battle of Jutland where he obviously experienced some traumatic events. He apparently had PTSD when he returned home. Edward died in 1951 and buried in Anfield Cemetery. I am still to find any records of Edward's service in the Royal Navy but working on that.
It is a great feeling being able to have found all my Grandfather's brothers and their families now. While it has taken a number of years I knew he had to be there somewhere.

Hope others find success with their research and find long lost families.

Barby
Glenys

Barby,
Good to hear of your success in finding information on your relative, via DNA.

I also have found DNA links invaluable; few surprises and a few brickwalls knocked down.

Happy Hunting,

Glenys
Lived Linacre Lane, Trinity Road & Knowsley Road.
Barby

Thanks Glenys.
Yes DNA has been invaluable. Skeletons found also :D

Enjoy your evening.

Barby