ST MONICAS SENIORS SCHOOL 1958 ANY PICTURES

Find Bootle friends and family here
DAVID WAL

ANY CLASS MATES ABOUT ANY SCHOOL PICTURES ABOUT CLASS OR TEACHERS
hoarie

No pics sorry. I think I would have bèen in 1A in 1958 Wilf mcginnes class. What a dump of a school class rooms being made from old hospital wards air raid shelters still in the playground. Some decent teachers and some bad ones. Wilf was friendly so was mr Grue he looked surprised when one day he asked me what his nickname was (Cecil) haha. Doylie was a hard knock so was mr Long but Barrie was the worst. like Borstal staff. Forever getting the cane I was. Having said that there were some hard knock kids to who stood up to the teachers. The school of life where kids today have never had it so good.
Pamsy

DAVID WAL wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:13 pm ANY CLASS MATES ABOUT ANY SCHOOL PICTURES ABOUT CLASS OR TEACHERS
I created MERSEYSIDE SCHOOL DAYS on Facebook with over 1,000 schools in albums...many pics and data.....
PAM KEEGAN BENICH
Keegan, Carruthers, Rigg, Copland, Lobb, Hough, Mee
born in Bootle
Pamsy

St.Monicas sports team.about 1955.
PAM KEEGAN BENICH
born in Bootle
Pamsy

PAM KEEGAN BENICH
born in Bootle
Pamsy

Miss Hankins class St Monicas Bootle about 1964
PAM KEEGAN BENICH
born in Bootle
Pamsy

DAVID WAL wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:13 pm ANY CLASS MATES ABOUT ANY SCHOOL PICTURES ABOUT CLASS OR TEACHERS
WHAT YEARS???
PAM KEEGAN BENICH
born in Bootle
DAVID WAL

THE FOOT BALL TEAM LEFT TO RIGHT ARE B SIZE TERRENCE RAY TOM SHARROT JOHN DAWE JERRY DONAGHUE PETER HOWARD LAURENCE LLOYD JAKE JACKSON JIMMY TAFFE JAMES RILEY MR GODONNALD HEAD MASTER
I ATTENDED ST MONICAS SENIORS THE SAME YEAR AS THE TEAM . TEACHERS I REBEMBER MR LEE THE BEST . MR MUSKER MR BARRY LOVED INFLECTING PANE MR G ODONALD HEADMASTER RULED WITH A ROD OF IRON . I WILL TRY TO NAME MOST OF THE LADS BUT ITS SIXTY TWO YEARS AGO SO FORGIVE ME IF I MISS ANY ANDERSON J BURNS G BROMALOW P CADICK G CRUCKSHANKS J CUNINGHAM L CASIDY J DAWE R DAWE J DOHERTY J DAVENPORT G DONAGHUE B GREEN J FOSTER J FENERTY J HAR RISON P HOWERD B HUGHES M HOLYLAND J HIGINSON P HENDERSON J WEBB T RAE J HILL P TIGHE J BOLGER J MCCARDLE M HOLLAN D G JOHNSON G KELLY P LAWSON D LAWSON L LLOYD P MC GURKE J NEARY T OTOOLE A RUDD B SHIELS B SIZE T SHARAT J TRAINOR J TAFFE B TAFFE J WHITHEAD E WILLIAMS J HOUGHTON J RICHARDSON P CONNLEY
Last edited by DAVID WAL on Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DAVID WAL

I MISSED OFF P CONNOLY
peter c

[quote=hoarie post_id=487884 time=1617651881 user_id=4351]
No pics sorry. I think I would have bèen in 1A in 1958 Wilf mcginnes class. What a dump of a school class rooms being made from old hospital wards air raid shelters still in the playground. Some decent teachers and some bad ones. Wilf was friendly so was mr Grue he looked surprised when one day he asked me what his nickname was (Cecil) haha. Doylie was a hard knock so was mr Long but Barrie was the worst. like Borstal staff. Forever getting the cane I was. Having said that there were some hard knock kids to who stood up to the teachers. The school of life where kids today have never had it so good.
[/quote]

I agree hoarie, it was a dump. I attended the school/fever hospital a couple of years ahead of you (about 1953-1955). It was certainly lacking in "facilities"
I was assigned the enviable job of looking after the fireplace (enviable because I could just walk out of class whenever I felt we needed more coal, made me feel like a hot-shot I guess).
I would arrive early and get the fire started and bring some coal in before the rest of the class arrived. One day I got the fire going and put the blackboard across the fireplace to create some draft, then I went outside to play with my mates and forgot all about the fire. When I finally went inside the blackboard was totally engulfed in flame so I broke it up and shoved it into the fireplace.
Mr. Barry never did find out where his blackboard went. Thank goodness he didn't know what actually happened or god knows what he might have done to me.
The school was a disgrace, but given the times, so soon after the war and we were so poor at that time, I guess we didn't really know or expect anything better.
I left St. Monica's in 1955 to go to Bootle Tech and now I live in Canada. I still have very fond memories of my days in Bootle.
Nice to hear from others who attended that wonderful facility of learning!!
COLLY

DAVID WAL wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:06 pm Image
THE FOOT BALL TEAM LEFT TO RIGHT ARE B SIZE TERRENCE RAY TOM SHARROT JOHN DAWE JERRY DONAGHUE PETER HOWARD LAURENCE LLOYD JAKE JACKSON JIMMY TAFFE JAMES RILEY MR GODONNALD HEAD MASTER
I ATTENDED ST MONICAS SENIORS THE SAME YEAR AS THE TEAM . TEACHERS I REBEMBER MR LEE THE BEST . MR MUSKER MR BARRY LOVED INFLECTING PANE MR G ODONALD HEADMASTER RULED WITH A ROD OF IRON . I WILL TRY TO NAME MOST OF THE LADS BUT ITS SIXTY TWO YEARS AGO SO FORGIVE ME IF I MISS ANY ANDERSON J BURNS G BROMALOW P CADICK G CRUCKSHANKS J CUNINGHAM L CASIDY J DAWE R DAWE J DOHERTY J DAVENPORT G DONAGHUE B GREEN J FOSTER J FENERTY J HAR RISON P HOWERD B HUGHES M HOLYLAND J HIGINSON P HENDERSON J WEBB T RAE J HILL P TIGHE J BOLGER J MCCARDLE M HOLLAN D G JOHNSON G KELLY P LAWSON D LAWSON L LLOYD P MC GURKE J NEARY T OTOOLE A RUDD B SHIELS B SIZE T SHARAT J TRAINOR J TAFFE B TAFFE J WHITHEAD E WILLIAMS J HOUGHTON J RICHARDSON P CONNLEY

Image all those named should be on this photo