Ardis family tree

Find Bootle friends and family here
Strude53

Hi everyone, thank you for allowing me to join this forum.

I have been trying to trace details for my Paternal grandmother for so long.(Christina Gaffney 1889 -1933) I am now taking a big stab in the dark now. On her baptism record there have been added details when she married my Paternal grandfather (1920). She had previously been widowed and married as Christina Lewis. One of the witnesses on both the baptism record and the marriage record was a Jabcob Ardis which I believe also to be translated to James from Latin. The address given in 1920 was 60 Dryden Street Liverpool for him . My paternal grandfather was Thomas Ardis suggesting there is a family connection. I am hoping to find the connections which may lead to my Great Grandmothers name as I cannot find anything about her. On the baptism record there is a Catherinea Gaffney but no maiden name and I am not sure if it is her mother at all. Christina's father was Thomas Gaffney.

Apologies for the extended essay.
Mack
Site Admin

Welcome aboard our Bootle Forum :)

Hopefully one of our Genies will be here to assist soon.

Mack :)
Strude53

Thank you for your reply,

I couldn't believe it when I seen a post. :lol: I am about to change a few names on my tree to see how it all fits in.
The record you have found is her marriage to her first husband then she married my Grandfather Thomas Ardis. Which is the marriage witnessed by Jacob (James) Ardis address Dryden Street Bootle.

Thanks again
Chris
BOBHAMO

bobhamo
bootle born altcar road