Trying to find John Wilson and family, born 1931, moved to US then Canada

Find Bootle friends and family here
LindseyH

I don’t know whether this is something you may be able to help with but I’m trying to find a John Wilson (or his family) who attended Bootle Grammar School for Boys. He was born in 1931 and left England for first the US and more recently Canada. He worked in radar technologies, at least at first. He had a younger brother, Robert (Bobby) who went on to work for the Kenyan police, and a younger sister whose name I don’t know, and his father was a postman. They lived on Sidney Road, and before that, I think, on Hornby Road. I’ll be grateful for any help in finding him, even just spreading the word or ideas for other routes I could explore. He and my father, George Holland, were close friends, and it’d be wonderful if they could be in touch again.
Thommos sister

Hi Lindsey I looked in 1939 registry with no luck, lots of Johns and Roberts but not listed at the addresses mention so perhaps they lived there later. No luck either with 1938 Gores Directory for street addresses. Probably lived there after the war maybe? You can look in Ellis Island site but again it's such a common name. All the best Tina
LindseyH

Thanks for looking into this! I didn’t mention that I have found them on the 1939 registry; that’s how I know they were at Hornby Road. If you can access Ancestry, the registry document is here: https://www.ancestry.com/interactive/61 ... 3852/facts

I’ve since discovered that his sister was Valerie Wilson, 11 years younger than John, born 1942. Maybe she’s someone people might remember?